If we make Champions League next season..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

If we make Champions League next season..

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:59 pm

The race for a top 4 finish is not over and there is still a lot of work to be done for City to claim one of these positions and entry to the Champions League. If we did make it though we will be in for an even more exciting summer than the last one.

Indications are that the Club will be spending big in the summer to secure top quality players. Champions League football will help to attract top players. For City to be competitive we will need to strengthen in all areas of the 1st team. IMO I would target the following players:

Maicon (RB) Inter. Defender, good engine and ability to get forward and deliver telling crosses.
Lahm (LB) Bayern. Defender who can play left or right back, good tackler and again good at getting forward to deliver telling crosses.
Chiellini (CH). Tall, commanding and no nonsense centre half.
Ribery (M). Can play on both wings, skilful with good work ethic.
Torres (CF). Seriously quick and a goal scorer, proven at Premier League level.

Whilst the names above are known to most all these are the type and level of player I feel we need to attract if we are to deliver on Cook's recent statement and that of Mancini in going for the title next year.

Not sure if we have enough vocal leaders on the pitch, even with the above so would welcome thoughts on who people feel should be our captain next season, if it was to be a player currently not at the Club.

Equally I would like to see Mancini discover a quality player who can help to offer the promise of becoming one of the world's best. I put two names forward, Pato (Milan) and Hamsik (Napoli) as options to bring in to raise standards throughout the squad and help us to be able to compete at the highest level.

Be interested in your thoughts, the players you would like to see and what you think would be our expectations for our 1st Champions League campaign.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Re: If we make Champions League next season..

Postby Michael Brookes » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:22 pm

A big yes to all 7 players there from me
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:27 pm

We will 100% be in for Torres I rate, we would be stupid not to go in for him. Offer Liverpool £70million them two Yanks will think it's Christmas come early. Once the bid is accepted tell Torres we will build the club's image around him and offer him £150,000 a week, he would be here in no time.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby ashton287 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:31 pm

i'll be expecting knock out stage, i wanna see real or barca or milan(either) at eastlands
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:33 pm

Add those 7 player's to our squad and we would win the lot ;) Don't think we would spend around £300million though as we wouldn't be allowed in to it.

If we get Cl football i reckon we would buy maybe 3 top notch players to our squad. My picks would be Chiellini,Ribery and Torres as don't think even the Sheikh could get Messi to leave Barca.
Last edited by rick1894citizen on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby BetaManchester » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:33 pm

Can we make IF into Capital letters? ;O)
BetaManchester
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Our club.
My favourite player is: Goat.. or is it Kinky??

Postby paulh » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:36 pm

torress class but seems to have been injured abit t verminpool. is thi sjust unlucky or a sign of things to come
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby Michael Brookes » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:37 pm

paulh wrote:torress class but seems to have been injured abit t verminpool. is thi sjust unlucky or a sign of things to come

I think part of the problem is that they keep rushing him back or just patching him up and not letting him recover properly
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Return to The Maine Football forum