Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Toure

Postby Grob » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:34 pm

Shame for Toure.

Not entirely convinced by Toure yet but worked well with Vince in the 2 games under Robbie before he went to Africa.

Vince is the main central defeder for me. He's done the best job out of all of them this season so he stays in. I would probably pair him with Lescott.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:29 am

Grob wrote:Shame for Toure.

Not entirely convinced by Toure yet but worked well with Vince in the 2 games under Robbie before he went to Africa.

Vince is the main central defeder for me. He's done the best job out of all of them this season so he stays in. I would probably pair him with Lescott.

I'd be tempted to try that but perhaps it could backfire due to lack of pace.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby HeyMark » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:56 am

King Kev wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
King Kev wrote:I'm in no rush to see him back, we defend better without him! (and Lescott)

Im not so sure,he was pretty fookin good before he left.
That's not how I remember it, I reckon Heather Mills could turn him!

Heather Mills could turn any man gay
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby razor400 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:15 am

HeyMark wrote:
King Kev wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
King Kev wrote:I'm in no rush to see him back, we defend better without him! (and Lescott)

Im not so sure,he was pretty fookin good before he left.
That's not how I remember it, I reckon Heather Mills could turn him!

Heather Mills could turn any man gay

she could turn on a sixpence as they say.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby 13021J » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:33 pm

Funny that VK is now first choice CB after being out in the cold for so long, I always rated him, although others did not:

Re: Kompany
by Dubciteh » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
13021J wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:He broke up play well enough but fouled so many times in his little cameo. Not a problem in the middle of the park but I don't want him anywhere near the centreback position as that will cost us points.

To be fair VK is probably the best CB in the squad, strongest in the air and at tackling. He came on all fired up to disrupt and did just that. He deserves to play alongside NDJ on sat with SI just ahead joining Ade, with Bellers/Tevez on wings. Robbie and SWP can come on as necessary.

I think VK is perhaps the most underated player in the squad.

no idea at all how you come to that conclusion, hes tied with micah for the weakest centre half we ahve in my opinion!

Shows what some people know and how quickly things can change in this game. Micah is once again a hero as well!
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 pm

13021J wrote:

Funny that VK is now first choice CB after being out in the cold for so long, I always rated him, although others did not:

Dubciteh wrote:
13021J wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:He broke up play well enough but fouled so many times in his little cameo. Not a problem in the middle of the park but I don't want him anywhere near the centreback position as that will cost us points.

To be fair VK is probably the best CB in the squad, strongest in the air and at tackling. He came on all fired up to disrupt and did just that. He deserves to play alongside NDJ on sat with SI just ahead joining Ade, with Bellers/Tevez on wings. Robbie and SWP can come on as necessary.

no idea at all how you come to that conclusion, hes tied with micah for the weakest centre half we ahve in my opinion!

Shows what some people know and how quickly things can change in this game. Micah is once again a hero as well!

Spot on. At the time he was the weakest out of our four centre halfs, his upturn in hos coincided with mancini arriving, i look forward to seeing how toure and lescott improve under mancini. The only thing thats chenged since that post is that on current form hes 3rd best centre half in squad(2nd worse) in this order toure lescott vinny and ned. Ive never said micah is a hero either?imo he needs replacing and he will prob will be.

Your post quoting me is null and void my friend.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 pm

13021J wrote:

Dubciteh wrote:
13021J wrote:

I am another one who was not a fan of VK at CB, he looked lost and slow at times, however, he has been very good recently.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mike J » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 pm

when they are all fit i still think our backline should be

richards---kolo----vinny-----lescott
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby 13021J » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Spot on. At the time he was the weakest out of our four centre halfs, his upturn in hos coincided with mancini arriving, i look forward to seeing how toure and lescott improve under mancini. The only thing thats chenged since that post is that on current form hes 3rd best centre half in squad(2nd worse) in this order toure lescott vinny and ned. Ive never said micah is a hero either?imo he needs replacing and he will prob will be.

Your post quoting me is null and void my friend.

Yes didn't want to rile you by quoting you but wanted to show how things can change beyond people's expectations.

I would be surprised if Mancini agreed with that assesment of our CBs. He won't be dropping VK anytime soon given his form since he took over. With Kolo back soon though it does give us an embarrassment of riches at the back, with Boyata's emergence and JL, WB and NO back from injury.

Based on current form when everyone is fit I would go for:

Micah
Kompany
Lescott
Bridge

This would give us dominance in the air (apart from Bridge) and good mobility. Although Kolo is club captain and an influential figure so will he be happy on the bench? I think not.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Yeah, you can stick me in the box that thinks Kompany is over-rated. He's not been bad lately, but when you say its "funny" he's now first choice.... its not really that funny, because we have fuck all options. Toure away, Lescott injured and Ned only coming back from injury. For the last few games Boyata has also been first choice centre half. Not my first choice, but first choice for the same reason Kompany is!

Like I said, he's done reasonably well and long may it continure, but he did give the ball straight to Pederson and hasn't looked solid against decent opposition.

I think Ned and Toure or Ned and Lescott will be the real first choice.

Still, its great to have our options widening somewhat and long may it continue. The fact some are alarmed that Toure is returning is just plain weird IMO.
Original Dub

Postby Crossie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Ive always rated Kompany, saw his debut, and he was a step up, great signing.

Has it all for a centre back, height, strength, reads it well, enough pace, he can pass well.

But most importantly for us, he can lead, and lead by example.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Wooders » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm

he's gonna be everything dunnie was and more is VK - like the best of both worlds from Distin and Dunne
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:06 pm

13021J wrote:

Dubciteh wrote:
13021J wrote:

Fuclin lovely bit of quoting the 13 - dont want this to go by without due praise - can you run us a workshop on multiple inclusions?
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Hahahaha sorry that made me laugh :)
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Beeks » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Micah is still shit...you can polish a turd but it's still a turd
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Vhero » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Micah is still shit...you can polish a turd but it's still a turd

Wow your support for your players is endearing.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum