Fixture congestion (not complaing)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fixture congestion (not complaing)

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:29 pm

With around 3 and a half months of season left we have 17 prem games, hopefully 2 Carling cup games and upto 4 FA cup games, it's going to be a hectic (hopefully expensive with wembley) few months, so how do you all think our squad will cope?

I reckon with players coming back from injurys and ACoN we will cope better than most but wenesdays game will be crucial for confidence to really push for top 4 imo as everyone would be really deflated if the unthinkable happens.

Lescott, Toure, Bridge, Adebayor, RSC, Vieira, and now that Stevie, SWP and Nedum are back thats alot of players and not forgetting Robi could stay and find his mojo now.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Fixture congestion (not complaing)

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:38 pm

We have less matches than most of the teams around us due to not being in Europe. We should be able to cope just fine. I can understand why the likes of Bellamy can't play 2 x 90 minutes a week but it annoys me when managers cite fatigue after a few midweek games in a row.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Re: Fixture congestion (not complaing)

Postby gillie » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:41 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:With around 3 and a half months of season left we have 17 prem games, hopefully 2 Carling cup games and upto 4 FA cup games, it's going to be a hectic (hopefully expensive with wembley) few months, so how do you all think our squad will cope?

I reckon with players coming back from injurys and ACoN we will cope better than most but wenesdays game will be crucial for confidence to really push for top 4 imo as everyone would be really deflated if the unthinkable happens.

Lescott, Toure, Bridge, Adebayor, RSC, Vieira, and now that Stevie, SWP and Nedum are back thats alot of players and not forgetting Robi could stay and find his mojo now.

Mate look who we played today and think not months but years down the line we could walk the prem in 2 years with our kids.This season we WILL win A Trophy dont know which one but we will win one.But in years to come we will terrorise Europe and with the kids the likes we have played today.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum