Torres: From a truly reliable source

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Torres: From a truly reliable source

Postby Florida Blue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:53 am

Ok I joke about the source.... and I did not see this anywhere else, so sorry if I am duping something..

http://www.compassnews.net/Ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39399:man-city-offer-p100m-for-torres&catid=637:leagues&Itemid=670

Manchester City are weighing up a bank-busting £100 million bid for Liverpool striker, Fernando Torres, according to a report from The People.

The tabloid claims that City chiefs are prepared to exploit the current financial difficulties at Anfield in order to tempt the Spaniard to Eastlands. If the deal went ahead, 25-year-old would also become the first Premier League star to net £200,000 a week in wages should he join City.

The club's owners are reportedly so impressed with new manager Roberto Mancini, that they are willing to back him with a massive marquee signing should he steer City to a top four finish ana Champions League football next season. Should Liverpool fail to reach the much coverted Champions League places this season, then City could well try to tempt Torres with the attraction of playing in Europe's top club competition.

Torres has been in scintillating form at Anfield ever since he arrived in July 2007 from Athletico Madrid. Liverpool's number nine has scored 12 goals this season and 50 in just 63 Premier League starts.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Torres: From a truly reliable source

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:03 am

Florida Blue wrote:Ok I joke about the source.... and I did not see this anywhere else, so sorry if I am duping something..

http://www.compassnews.net/Ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39399:man-city-offer-p100m-for-torres&catid=637:leagues&Itemid=670

Manchester City are weighing up a bank-busting £100 million bid for Liverpool striker, Fernando Torres, according to a report from The People.

The tabloid claims that City chiefs are prepared to exploit the current financial difficulties at Anfield in order to tempt the Spaniard to Eastlands. If the deal went ahead, 25-year-old would also become the first Premier League star to net £200,000 a week in wages should he join City.

The club's owners are reportedly so impressed with new manager Roberto Mancini, that they are willing to back him with a massive marquee signing should he steer City to a top four finish ana Champions League football next season. Should Liverpool fail to reach the much coverted Champions League places this season, then City could well try to tempt Torres with the attraction of playing in Europe's top club competition.

Torres has been in scintillating form at Anfield ever since he arrived in July 2007 from Athletico Madrid. Liverpool's number nine has scored 12 goals this season and 50 in just 63 Premier League starts.

ha ha the people is the UK's Sun newspaper on a sunday. 99% of what is written in it is complete fiction. I hope our story is the 1% though ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Vhero » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:27 am

yeah i read that story somewhere else already I think on yesterdays bollox..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:43 am

People is owned by the Mirror Group which is often funny when the Sunday Mirror and People run conflicting stories and shows them up for what they really are. News of the World is owned by News Corp.

All Sunday editions use a scatter gun approach to journalism these days. Its very sad, even the once respected broadsheets have gone this way too, but are not a prolific in their reporting as the red tops.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:40 am

What about getting shut of a few of our top signing first ?
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:56 am

I should imagine the abuse he would get on here if he earned 200,000 grand a week would be sky high,especially if he didnt score every game.
That would work out to be over 150 mill if it happens.I wonder why the Sheikh would consider such things if financial balance is requirred in the near future.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum