Monday's Farewell B*ll*x?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's Farewell B*ll*x?

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 am

Robinho, the most expensive player in English football, has confirmed that he wants to leave Manchester City and blamed Roberto Mancini, and formerly Mark Hughes, for making his time in the Premier League so unhappy.
A delegation from Santos, Robinho's former club in Brazil, is due to meet City officials in Manchester this week and several other clubs, led by Benfica, have registered an official interest in the former Real Madrid player.
Robinho's advisers have tried to persuade Barcelona to try to arrange a loan deal but the initial talks have not been followed up and the player has now decided that he wants to return to Brazil to rejoin the club where he began his career.
"The whole board of directors [at City] has decided that the best thing is to loan me out," Robinho said. "It would be extraordinary to come back to Santos. Playing for Santos would help pave my way to the World Cup. It's my home, where I know everyone."
Robinho's desire to leave Manchester was first revealed in the Guardian in November and, despite strong denials from his club at the time, it has now become apparent to the City hierarchy that he has failed to embrace life in England and has begun to feel disillusioned in the extreme.
After a promising start the Brazilian's form has deteriorated sharply, culminating in him losing his place in the team since Mancini took over from Mark Hughes. He was brought on as a substitute during City's recent 2-0 defeat at Everton only to be brought off later in the game because Mancini was so unimpressed.
"The first thing to say is that it is a bad moment I am going through," Robinho told Rádio Bandeirantes in Brazil. "The managers are different here. They decide a system and want you to fit in and it doesn't matter if you're tall or short. The manager was honest with me. He told me I was just going to play every other game. I told him that wouldn't interest me because this is a World Cup year and I need to play."
His impending move will represent a major setback to City given that Robinho's transfer from Madrid on the day the Abu Dhabi United group took control at Eastlands was supposed to signify the club's new ambitions. Instead, he has flickered only sporadically in his 16 months in England and is now so desperate to leave he has even informed City that he will waive part of his £160,000-a-week salary. "The financial situation is important but being happy also counts," he explained.
Santos will still have considerable problems raising the money for the deal to go through but the club intend to offer City the first refusal on their two most exciting young players, Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso.
"I don't know if the deal is possible but if there is the slightest of chances to bring him back we will look at every option to do that," the club's president, Luis Alvaro De Oliveira Ribeiro, said. "If Corinthians can find a way to bring back Ronaldo then we can do the same with Robinho."
Robinho's time in England now seems destined to be remembered as a failure and it is a measure of how far his stock has fallen that he was named in the side to face Scunthorpe United at Glanford Park today only because Mancini wanted to rest other players ahead of the second leg of the Carling Cup semi-final against Manchester United on Wednesday.
"We hope Santos can persuade Manchester to do a deal," said Evandro Souza, one of the player's advisers. "Myself and Robinho's father are in Manchester to try to arrange the deal and we expect we could be here until the end of the transfer window."
In addition to the interest from Benfica, Robinho revealed he had spoken to his former Santos team-mate Diego, now a Juventus player, about the possibility of a move to the Turin club.
"He invited me to be happy with him at Juventus," Robinho said. "I told him: 'Di, I think it's better for me to go to Peixe [Santos's nickname] and go back to Brazil."

Robinho says he is leaving Manchester City to return to Brazil in an attempt to save his World Cup dream. Daily Mirror

The 26-year-old will take a pay cut from the reported £100,000-a-week he is on at City to join the Brazilian outfit. The deal which will see Robinho return to Santos gives Man City first refusal on two of the club's hottest prospects - forward Neymar, 17, and attacking midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso, 20. IMScouting

Barcelona's Brazilian right-back Dani Alves, 26, is in talks over an extension to his current deal at the Camp Nou, though Chelsea and Manchester City are monitoring developments.IMScouting

MEANWHILE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN ...

Roberto Mancini hopes Robinho stays at Manchester City after FA Cup win at Scunthorpe
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has said he wants record signing Robinho to stay at Eastlands - but only if the Brazilian is happy. Robinho told a Brazilian radio station that he has been told by club directors he is leaving the club - with Brazilian club Santos set to sign him on loan.
But after watching the player apparently sign off with a late goal in the 4-2 FA Cup fourth round win at Scunthorpe United, Mancini denied any knowledge of an imminent Robinho exit.
Mancini said: "Hopefully in the end Robinho will stay here. In the next day the situation can change but at the moment he stays here and I am very happy for him.
"I hope he will stay here but it is important he will stay here happy and enjoy it. He is a very good player. I think he is enjoying Manchester City.
"I think one player can stay in a squad only if he is happy - if he wants to play every game and if he wants to work every day. That is most important because the players and manager must be happy."
Mancini also insisted the fact that Sunday was Robinho's first City start since Boxing Day had little bearing on his desire or otherwise to keep him in the squad.
Mancini said: "I have five or six strikers and I must decide every game between them. It's impossible to play with four strikers. Robinho didn't play against Manchester United but he played today."
Scunthorpe manager Nigel Adkins admitted City's extra quality had seen them through, but he praised his side for the way they twice bounced back from conceding badly-timed goals.
Adkins said: "I'm pleased for the players who have worked hard and made it an entertaining cup tie against the might of Manchester City and the big players they have brought here.
"We all had a belief that there was a giant-killing in the offing but it just wasn't to be. We got off to a bad start but credit to the players they didn't buckle.
"They regrouped and kept going and conceded a goal on the stroke of half-time that can deflate anybody. But they came out in the second half and gave it a right good go.
"You've seen the way they break - they're like the Red Arrows at times - and that's the difference between the very top and where we are."

ROBBIE LEAVING THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=29795

Manchester City weigh up loan move for Roma defender Marco Motta
The right-back has fallen out of favour with Claudio Ranieri and Roma sporting director Daniele Prade said: 'I spoke with Giuseppe Bozzo, agent of Motta, who confirmed the interest of Manchester City. There is a possibility of a loan.'
Motta, 23, was called up to the Italy squad last year but is part-owned by Udinese.

Zimbabwe striker Benjani, 31, is set to complete his £3m move from Manchester City to West Ham on Monday. (Daily Mirror)

His Masters Voice B*ll*x
GARY NEVILLE added more fuel to the fire ahead of the second Manchester derby - saying City do not deserve their lead.
City beat United 2-1 in the Carling Cup semi first leg and travel to Old Trafford on Wednesday night.
The United star said: "We certainly deserved at least a draw for our performance at City.
"For the first 40 minutes and the last half hour we were the stronger team."
Neville was at the centre of controversy in the first leg at Eastlands when he gave Carlos Tevez a one-fingered gesture.
Ex-United striker Tevez had taunted Neville with his goal celebration after his penalty opener.
But Neville says City should not have even got the spot-kick.
Tevez also hit the second goal and celebrated in front of United's dugout.
Club captain Neville added: "The replays proved the decision was wrong and everyone could see it.
"That goal just before half-time lifted City a little bit."
An extra 75 police will be on duty on Wednesday and spot checks will be made at pubs around the ground in what is described as 'the highest risk' game at Old Trafford this season.
Neville added: "The atmosphere was very good last Tuesday.
"All Manchester derbies have a great atmosphere and Wednesday will be no different at our ground.
"The night atmosphere at Old Trafford is always special. Our fans never let us down in the important matches and they will be well up for it Wednesday.
"It'll be a great environment to play football in."

TRANSFER BOLLOX

Stoke expect to finally complete the signing of England goalkeeper David James on loan from Portsmouth this week.The Sun

Liverpool have offered Standard Liege striker Milan Jovanovic, 28, a three-year deal with the option for a further 12 months in a bid to land the Serbian on a free this summer. (Daily Express)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is ready to make a last-minute swoop for Palermo's giant 20-year-old Danish defender Simon Kjaer.Daily Mirror

West Ham are set to end James Beattie's Stoke hell by jumping in with a £3m offer for the former England striker.The Sun

French striker Toifilou Maoulida, 30, has hinted he could be set to leave Lens for the Premier League, with West Ham, Wigan and Stoke interested. Daily Mail

Preston boss Darren Ferguson hopes to complete the loan signing of striker Danny Welbeck over the next couple of days from his father's club Manchester United.Daily Mail

Aston Villa will not let centre-back Curtis Davies, 24, join Celtic on loan.The Sun

Newcastle's plans to sign Marlon Harewood on loan once again from Aston Villa have suffered a blow after the striker broke a bone in his foot in training last week.Daily Mirror

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is chasing Hadjuk Split's highly rated Bosnian midfielder Senijad Ibricic for a second time. Full story: Daily Mirror

Dynamo Moscow want to sign Liverpool's Israeli midfielder Yossi Benayoun and are prepared to pay £7m for the 29-year-old. Daily Mail

Villarreal's Argentine striker Marco Ruben, 23, is due in England on Monday to clinch a £7m switch to Wigan Athletic. Daily Mirror

Everton boss David Moyes has confirmed he would be interested in signing AC Milan's Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar if he became available. Daily Mirror

While Everton look at ways to raise Huntelaar's £65,000-a-week wages, the Dutchman is also interesting Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool. Daily Mail

Turkish giants Galatasaray are on the brink of agreeing a deal to sign Tottenham's Mexican forward Giovani dos Santos on loan. (The Times)

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... -raikkonen

OTHER BOLLOX
Manchester United are set to make Wayne Rooney their highest-paid player on £150,000 a week to fend off interest from Spanish sides Barcelona and Real Madrid. Daily Mirror

Rooney, who scored four times in the win over Hull on Saturday, will shred England boss Fabio Capello's nerves by refusing a break between now and the end of the season.Daily Star

The Glazer family are planning to spend another £54m of Manchester United's cash to fight their huge debt.The Sun

Portsmouth could anger even more of their fans by naming only three substitutes for Tuesday's Premier League relegation showdown with West Ham. The Sun

Ruud van Nistelrooy says he has joined Hamburg to win back his place in the Holland team before this summer's World Cup in South Africa. Daily Telegraph

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks is close to completing the sale of the Texas Rangers baseball team for a fee in excess of $500m (about £310m), but none of the proceeds are expected to be ploughed into the Anfield club.
The Times

Plans for TV election debates have been thrown into doubt by the Champions League semi-finals. Gordon Brown, David Cameron and Nick Clegg were due to debate on the three Wednesdays before 6 May, but Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal could be playing on those nights, causing a scheduling clash.
The Sun

Transworld - who published Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard's big-selling autobiographies - have won the race to publish the official life story of Manchester United club captain Gary Neville. But the book will only come out when Neville leaves Old Trafford. (Daily Mail)
Last edited by Chinners on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's Farewell B*ll*x

Postby irblinx » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:38 am

Now don't get me wrong, I would certainly be happy to see Benjani leave but I hope that means that we have another striker lined up as we would be left with only one fit striker (Bellamy plays as an out an out winger nowadays) and a very busy schedule
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: Monday's Farewell B*ll*x

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:53 am

The deal which will see Robinho return to Santos gives Man City first refusal on two of the club's hottest prospects - forward Neymar, 17, and attacking midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso, 20. IMScouting

Ooo I like that bit if its true.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Monday's Farewell B*ll*x?

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:58 am

Love this photo from one of the bollox creators :-)
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:00 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Image

Is that kid second left, the one looking up at Bob, Bellamy's son??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:15 am

'Turkish giants Galatasaray are on the brink of agreeing a deal to sign Tottenham's Mexican forward Giovani dos Santos on loan. (The Times)'

"Raaaaag bo owne" "Raaaag bo owne" "Are you getting rid of that Giovanni missus?" "Thanks luv, do you know who that Benjani down the back alley belongs to ?" "Allright I'll come back in a couple of days, cheers luv.... what? ...no we don't take Nevilles luv sorry.." "Raaag bo owne"
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:53 am

MaseCTID wrote:

HAHA

Uncanny! Mini-Bellamy!

Unfortunately second from the right is obviously mini-Solskjaer.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:13 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

HAHA

Uncanny! Mini-Bellamy!

Unfortunately second from the right is obviously mini-Solskjaer.

The middle guy is Samara's kid and the one next to Roberto is James Beattie's.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Ha ha

Colin Todd's son in the middle with a wee Strachan next to Mancini
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Chinners wrote:Ha ha

Colin Todd's son in the middle with a wee Strachan next to Mancini

How the hell did we manage to have such different opinions on those two ;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:22 pm

As with everything else on here ... it's all opinions innit
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:35 pm

Chinners wrote:As with everything else on here ... it's all opinions innit

The difference between a Crow and a Raven ; They both have feathers on the the front of their wings called pinien feathers
The Crow has 5 The Raven has 4 so the difference then really is........ a matter of opinion .

Coat Please .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Return to The Maine Football forum