Some advice from those who know.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Some advice from those who know.

Postby spiv » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:42 pm

There are southern based supporters branches that you can join. The London branch runs a train trip to home games for about £31 return.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 pm

I sat in 110 for derby and i dont like it.

JUST WATCH THE MATCH,FUCK THE AWAY FANS.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:50 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:I sat in 110 for derby and i dont like it.

I'd rather just watch the match ta.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

I'd rather just watch the match ta.

They dont write em like this anymore.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Couldn't agree more. the amount of times I had to move some cunt out of my seat, and stop people standing in front of me coz they were screaming at the rags was unbelievable.
One guy actually said to me that he wasn't even bothered about the game, he just wanted to twat some rags. Nuggets.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm also down south, in Newbury. I would completely concur with what WW has said. I've been in 110 since we moved to COMS and kove the atmosphere. As for travel, car is about 3 hours, but at m6 can be a pig, toll road isn't much help as all the congestion is usually further up. Don't know what your finnces are like (flush if you're looking at planes and taxis) but the trains a good option, a bit expensive, but you can get good deals if you book in advance. Only any good for 3 or 4 o'clock KO's though, otherwise you wont get back.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Blue Blood wrote:Where theres a will, theres a way as the old saying goes!

Or as one moron, so called celebrity babe in Finland tattooed to his skin: Where there is a mill, there is a road. (thinking that is how the saying goes - LOL!)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

Couldn't agree more. the amount of times I had to move some cunt out of my seat, and stop people standing in front of me coz they were screaming at the rags was unbelievable.
One guy actually said to me that he wasn't even bothered about the game, he just wanted to twat some rags. Nuggets.

I'm not after getting a piece of the away support just having a good sing song and enjoying the game. Infact i'd like to stay as far away from the violence as poss, i find if you like watching the games, violence at footy is a fooking big distraction and takes the joy out of the whole experience.

Where would you suggest i sit with that in mind? South stand still just more away from the away lot?

patrickblue wrote:I'm also down south, in Newbury. I would completely concur with what WW has said. I've been in 110 since we moved to COMS and kove the atmosphere. As for travel, car is about 3 hours, but at m6 can be a pig, toll road isn't much help as all the congestion is usually further up. Don't know what your finnces are like (flush if you're looking at planes and taxis) but the trains a good option, a bit expensive, but you can get good deals if you book in advance. Only any good for 3 or 4 o'clock KO's though, otherwise you wont get back.

My finances are ok but not as flush as it sounds, i was told i could get last minute flights to manc return for about £30 and living close to stansted it just made it a possibilty. Im more than likely to train it or car it. Spiv opened up a lead to a local supporters group so i'm gonna try and get in contact with them and see what they suggest or hopefully if they do group travel, join in on that.

Gotta say a big thanks to everyone for there input so far, everyone has been really helpful giving me ideas i would never have thought of on my own.

Yet again more proof city supporters are the best in the land. Thanks lads.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby irblinx » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Well i'm a south stander but I quite liked my derby day seat in 110 if that helps...good view and plenty of banter and singing

I nicked this off google.

So i'm thinking south stand just behind the goal would be ideal. How is the view from the corners btw?

Don't forget that means that you are going to get moved for cup games
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby MHiggi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

I'm on the aisle between 110/111 and it's got to be the best atmosphere in the ground. There's plenty that don't seem too keen on watching the football, but I think I'm far enough back (Row Z) to not worry about them.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Not sure if anyone has posted the price but I got my two in the north stand for just under £880. Don't leave it too late though to buy them or you end up near the front. I'm going to move mine next season to a bit higher up. I actually like being behind the goal though and have seen some good goals this season.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:40 pm

I travel up from Kent, have a seasoncard in the Colin Bell stand, but not able to get up regularly since i work shifts and we have 2 kids.

I have used the train, car, coach and plane on occasion.
By far the most convenient and easiest is the car. It takes me an average of around 3 & 3/4 hours, depending on whether I can get a good speed up and not hit too much traffic. I park about fifteen minutes walk away off Ashton Old Road - follow A57(M) and take a right by PC World. Park up in a side street near the junction with Alan Turing Way. Many will try and get you to part with a fiver to park on their office/workshop front, but the street is free. Its busy getting out, but straight down onto Princess prkway and onto the M56/M6.
the coach is a good relaxing way to go. Use national express. I have travelled there and back for £2 return, booked well in advance. Downside is that it takes 4h50m from Victoria (less from Milton Keynes), which means it's a full day away from home. Cheap, but not that comfortable. Best coach leaves at 8am or 9am, so you have to get into London early, return leaves around 6pm. Not good for evening kick offs due to there being no coaches back later on. Bit cramped at times.
The train is nice and quick, but again you have to get into London first. I can get home well before MoTD if I get thetrain. Again, best booked in advance. Not as cheap as it once was, but fairly reliable. Only takes 2h8m to Euston from piccadilly. Cheapest seats aee non refundable, so not good with the constant fooking about with changing kick off times.
The plane is a bit of a luxury, tbh. Not cheap - best fare is about £90! Again, non refundable, unless you have insurance. nice for a Derby match, but you'll be a minority against the Munichs. Train from Ringway to Piccadilly takes about 15min.
Best option, I think, is to get a car share going and share the costs.
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 pm

If you can afford all that, just get yourself into the Directors Box, or even better, get Mancio's seat, he doesn't use it ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 pm

bernabias_right_boot wrote:I travel up from Kent, have a seasoncard in the Colin Bell stand, but not able to get up regularly since i work shifts and we have 2 kids.

I have used the train, car, coach and plane on occasion.
By far the most convenient and easiest is the car. It takes me an average of around 3 & 3/4 hours, depending on whether I can get a good speed up and not hit too much traffic. I park about fifteen minutes walk away off Ashton Old Road - follow A57(M) and take a right by PC World. Park up in a side street near the junction with Alan Turing Way. Many will try and get you to part with a fiver to park on their office/workshop front, but the street is free. Its busy getting out, but straight down onto Princess prkway and onto the M56/M6.
the coach is a good relaxing way to go. Use national express. I have travelled there and back for £2 return, booked well in advance. Downside is that it takes 4h50m from Victoria (less from Milton Keynes), which means it's a full day away from home. Cheap, but not that comfortable. Best coach leaves at 8am or 9am, so you have to get into London early, return leaves around 6pm. Not good for evening kick offs due to there being no coaches back later on. Bit cramped at times.
The train is nice and quick, but again you have to get into London first. I can get home well before MoTD if I get thetrain. Again, best booked in advance. Not as cheap as it once was, but fairly reliable. Only takes 2h8m to Euston from piccadilly. Cheapest seats aee non refundable, so not good with the constant fooking about with changing kick off times.
The plane is a bit of a luxury, tbh. Not cheap - best fare is about £90! Again, non refundable, unless you have insurance. nice for a Derby match, but you'll be a minority against the Munichs. Train from Ringway to Piccadilly takes about 15min.
Best option, I think, is to get a car share going and share the costs.

Cheers for sharing all your experiences of travelling on match day mate, helps my thinking greatly. I'm gonna get in contact with the supporters club in my area and see how they do it. But if worst comes to worst i think i'll use the car or train.

I'm pretty sure though they'll be a sensible method of acheiving this journey without breaking the bank!

What lengths we go through for city eh :D
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum