Team for the big one

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team for the big one

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Kladze wrote:Whatever the team and formation is it's important, imo, that we get into their faces.
Can't be doing with all that sitting 15 yards off the ball stuff - many have tried that at the swamp and failed.

sitting off at OT is tantamount to losing the game. we need to get at them and get an early goal.

once we have that they will know it's game over, and as they desperately try to peg us back we can land a few killer blows to end the tie.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby TonyM » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:31 pm

I've got a weird feeling we'll be playing with 10 men from early on.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Beeks » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:32 pm

TonyM wrote:I've got a weird feeling we'll be playing with 10 men from early on.

You know what...me too!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:36 pm

So far Mancini has come up with a different team to just about everyone on here so it'll be interesting to see what the actual 11 is.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:38 pm

-------------------------------Given

Onuoha------------Micah----------Kompany-------Garrido

SWP---------------De Jong--------Barry------------Petrov

----------------------------Tevez

----------------------------Bellamy

Bench: Taylor, Zabaleta, Boyata, Ireland, Robinho, Benjani, Whoverelseisfitorbackornotfuckingtraumatisedoroutonloan

Solid....... Solid as a rock (but a bit quicker on the counter-attack.) And... everyone playing in their natural positions - yes please!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby 13021J » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Interesting with Ned and Micah, which one plays CB? Seemes to be a difference of opinion on here. Thought Micah did well against Giggs and Evra the other night. Maybe Ned is a better pure defender to face Rooney and Owen/Berbatov (he is certain to play 2 up top).
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:So we've seen Mancini in action for a few weeks now. Not afraid to put kids in. Habit of springing a few suprises.

So many questions about this one. Will he go out to defend with all hands on deck and tin hats on and not let Scum score, with the object of scoring on the break as usual? Or will he shock everyone by going and taking the game to them? Will he use the returned Ade, or Bridge or Vieira? Does the long run-out for Boyata, Petrov, Robinho and (mercifully) Benjani mean they can forget it for Weds?

I reckon as Garrido was rested and there's still no sign of Bridge at Scunny, that Bridge is not back yet. I also reckon he'll stick with Tevez as a lone front man, and Richards as RB.

Put DeJong on Rooney, you know it makes sense!

Given
Richards Ned Komps Garrido
SWP Zabaleta DeJong Barry Bellamy
Tevez

I like your team John. Personally I'm torn between keeping Richards and Ned as they are in your team, or swapping them.

Richards adding a touch more pace down that Middle, and ned staying out of the Box. He gave away a Pen against Chelsea, and reached for a challenge in the box late on....I think it was against Rooney.

They aren't concerns, just making the right decision in a tie where the smallest of mistakes could mean Victory or defeat.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:06 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
TonyM wrote:I've got a weird feeling we'll be playing with 10 men from early on.

You know what...me too!

OK chaps...we've located 2 of the 4 officials. ; )
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:18 pm

I think it may look like this:

Given

Richards Ned Vinnie Garrido

De Jong

Ireland Barry

Tevez

Bellamy Adebayor

If Ade isn't fit to start, Tevez as forward with Bellers, Ireland as attacking mid, and SWP in midfield.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:20 pm

-------------------------------Given

Onuoha------Micah-------Toure-------Kompany-------Garrido

SWP---------------De Jong--------Barry------------Bellamy

:)
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:So we've seen Mancini in action for a few weeks now. Not afraid to put kids in. Habit of springing a few suprises.

So many questions about this one. Will he go out to defend with all hands on deck and tin hats on and not let Scum score, with the object of scoring on the break as usual? Or will he shock everyone by going and taking the game to them? Will he use the returned Ade, or Bridge or Vieira? Does the long run-out for Boyata, Petrov, Robinho and (mercifully) Benjani mean they can forget it for Weds?

I reckon as Garrido was rested and there's still no sign of Bridge at Scunny, that Bridge is not back yet. I also reckon he'll stick with Tevez as a lone front man, and Richards as RB.

Put DeJong on Rooney, you know it makes sense!

Given
Richards Ned Komps Garrido
SWP Zabaleta DeJong Barry Bellamy
Tevez

I like your team John. Personally I'm torn between keeping Richards and Ned as they are in your team, or swapping them.

Richards adding a touch more pace down that Middle, and ned staying out of the Box. He gave away a Pen against Chelsea, and reached for a challenge in the box late on....I think it was against Rooney.

They aren't concerns, just making the right decision in a tie where the smallest of mistakes could mean Victory or defeat.

T'was Ned mate
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:28 pm

..........................................................Given................................................................

Richards.............................Kompany........................Toure........................................Garrido

.....................Zabba..............................................................Dejong...............................

SWP.............................................Ireland..............................................................Bellamy

........................................................Carilto.................................................................
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:29 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:-------------------------------Given

Onuoha------Micah-------Toure-------Kompany-------Garrido

SWP---------------De Jong--------Barry------------Bellamy

:)

Surely that would be better as:

----------------------Given

Onuoha------Micah-------Toure---------Garrido
-----------De Jong------------Kompany

SWP-----------------Barry--------------Bellamy

------------------------Tevez
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:37 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:..........................................................Given................................................................

Richards.............................Kompany........................Toure........................................Garrido

.....................Zabba..............................................................Dejong...............................

SWP.............................................Ireland..............................................................Bellamy

........................................................Carilto.................................................................

As long as we don't give them that much space on the night!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ENIAM NAM » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:..........................................................Given................................................................

As long as we don't give them that much space on the night!

Oh, I don't know, Garrido might actually get a bit closer to Valencia!!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Mancini likes the cautious approach and imo will be looking to keep it tight for the first half and trying to hit them on the counter attack.He needs to try for as much control in the middle of the park but at the swamp I expect we will have 2 front men to contend with, probably Shrek and Owen. At least 2 holding midfield players and the big question of whether Ade will start. He just might with Tevez and SWP with Bellers getting back a lot.

Who knows , let's just sit back and enjoy.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blue wine » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:26 pm

---------------------given----------------------------

neddy-----micah-----------vini-------gaz-------

---------SWP---------NDJ-------Barry--------

-------Tevez-------------------bellers-----

----------------------ADE-----------------------

4-3-2-1

if we go a goal behind, switch to a 4-4-2 with tevez and ADE upfront.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:48 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Mancini likes the cautious approach and imo will be looking to keep it tight for the first half and trying to hit them on the counter attack.He needs to try for as much control in the middle of the park but at the swamp I expect we will have 2 front men to contend with, probably Shrek and Owen. At least 2 holding midfield players and the big question of whether Ade will start. He just might with Tevez and SWP with Bellers getting back a lot.

Who knows , let's just sit back and enjoy.

Cant happen, I only enjoy them when weve won and its over
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby edge275 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:31 pm

---------------------------------Given------------------------------

Richards------------Onuoha---------Kompany-----------Garrido

SWP----------------De Jong------------Barry-------------Bellamy

----------------------Tevez-----------------------------------------

-------------------------------------Adebayor----------------------
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby One cap Whitey » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:44 pm

I expect it to be the team Bingo chose. Basically the team/formation from the first leg with Ned in for Boyata.

I just can't see Mancini starting with Ade unless Tevez goes wide right in place of SWP?
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum