Midfield Madness and the new regime

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who DOESNT have a future under the current regime?

Given
No votes
Hart
1%
Richards
No votes
Zabaleta
2%
Garrido
8%
Bridge
3%
Toure
3%
Lescott
2%
Onuoha
1%
Barry
2%
NdJ
No votes
Superman
2%
Johnson
10%
Kompany
0%
Petrov
5%
SWP
1%
Tevez
0%
Bellamy
No votes
Ade
1%
Crock Santa Crock
17%
Robin Ho
17%
Benjani
25%

Total votes : 230

Midfield Madness and the new regime

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:00 pm

We seem to be making approaches for another 42 midfielders at the moment

Is this the end of the road for superman and gazbaz?

It got me thinking that if he meets his targets it is likely that there will be wholesale changes before next season starts as Mancini stamps his mark on the team

So looking at the regulars who do you think is out of favour with Scarfface

I have left the youth, most loanees and Paddy V out to keep things more simple
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Re: Midfield Madness and the new regime

Postby Wooders » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:06 pm

I've put my votes in, toure, robinho and Benjani are gonna be the victims of it, was tempted with Ireland and Johnson as I am still unsure about those 2 - Johnno with his injuries and Ireland looking like one of those players who needs to change clubs to reignite their career
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby 13021J » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:07 pm

I don't think anyone is out of favour. There have been injuries/ACN, everybody else has had there chance or been thrut into the action. Perhaps Robinho may feel he is out of favour after being told he is not automatic first choice but injury had perversely made things easier for Mancini on this front.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 pm

I would say only Benjani and Santa don't have a future with us. The rest are all capable and are the reason we are still where we are in the league with over half our first 11 out injured/in Africa. If we can ship out Benji and Santa, buy Villa, get Boj back for cover, thats forwards sorted. Then its a case of upgrading the rest when available, and letting the player in that upgraded position with the least ability go elsewhere.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:25 pm

I think Robbie and Benji will leave us this window, RSC will stay.

Garrido long term doesn't have a future but atm with our lack of left side options, he'll be staying.

Everyone else has a future in my opinion.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:02 pm

I voted for Benji, Santa and Garrido, even if he will probably have a role till the end of the season, but after that he will be shipped out imho. Maybe Zabba could be at risk too, if we buy another midfielder and then a right back in the summer.

The others will all have a role. Well, Robinho will if he bothers working hard, that is, but I liked him yesterday, so hopefully if he stays with time he will go back to the level he was on at home last season, but doing it away too, if not always at least most of the time.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Benjani, Robinho and Johnson.

I reckon Robbie Manc wanted to see what Benjani has to offer and has seen it now.

Robinho is gone and will never come back as long as Mancini is manager. Mancini, despite coming through as nice feller, can actually be hard disciplinarian when needs be and I think he has grown tired of Robinho in short time he has been there. And who can blame him really?

Jonno, well I think it's over for him at this level. I feel sorry to say it but he is extremely injury prone and has off field problems. I hope he doesn't read this or if he does feels determined to prove me wrong but I'm not sure whether he will ever play professional football at top level again.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Deffo Benjani, not sure about any of the others.

Re Robinho; he says City don't want to let him go on loan for longer than 6 months. Once again the 6 month thing coming up.

Obviously Mancini's on trial so if he fails & gets fired, chances are Robinho will come back (if indeed he does go in the 1st place) & a new manager will try to fit him into a team. It could even be that Mancini himself will give him another shot after the World Cup. He may not complain about playing 1 game in 2/3 if it's not jeapordising his World Cup place.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues-clues » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Dead worried about Ireland.

Definitely played his best football when Robinho was on form last year. Since then pretty much zip. Can see him going to Villa or Everton and doing well but not sure his style of play fits the Mancini patterns - any of them.

I hope I am wrong - mostly plays with his heart on his sleeve and a smile on his face.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:29 pm

blues-clues wrote:Dead worried about Ireland.

Definitely played his best football when Robinho was on form last year. Since then pretty much zip. Can see him going to Villa or Everton and doing well but not sure his style of play fits the Mancini patterns - any of them.

I hope I am wrong - mostly plays with his heart on his sleeve and a smile on his face.

Well his assist on sunday was pretty damn impressive again. Ireland is brilliant player and will hit form again.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:36 pm

People forget sometimes that Ireland is only 23. Not many players that age are consistantly brilliant every week, especially in the PL & especially with niggling injuries.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ruralblue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:47 pm

Benji, Santa and I don't think Mancini will carry Johnson any longer, I would have liked to see Johnson get time to prove his potential but too crocked I think.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Crossie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Irelands been injured.

When Hughes was in charge I didnt use to think we could win without Ireland on the pitch. Theres no doubt he needs to stay here, there will be plenty of games for him no matter who the manager is. I bet you Ireland and Bellamy top the stat sheets for running, tackles, interceptions, passes, dribbles, runs etc. Ireland just needs to be THAT good in centre mid/holding, rather than luxory attacking midfielder, so that he can suit more formations and tactics.

I think once he is fit again, Mancini will give him a good long run in the side and Ireland will come back to his best.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Goataldo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Just checked and we're actually after 3 4 midfielders at the moment, which is weird.

Thoughts on who's most likely to go imo:

Spanish Gaz - not tight enough defensively, especially for an Italian manager.

I've heard rumours that Macnini isn't too keen on Kompany; always yelling at him in games, on his case. I rate him, would hate to see him go.

Johnson - too early to say, but he'll be a while getting fit and who knows what our situation will be then re playing staff.

Benjani - seems bound to go.

Robinho - was so keen for him to prove everyone wrong, but apparently he's all but gone to Santos. Can't say I'm too arsed. Fleeting signs of form are much too little, far too late.

I think we'd be nuts to offload Ned or Ireland.

Roque - entirely down to fitness. So far not encouraging, whether the lastest one was the cub's fault or not.

'Midfield Madness and The New Regime' - best band name I've heard in ages btw.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Well his assist on sunday was pretty damn impressive again. Ireland is brilliant player and will hit form again.

I love Ireland - his dedication and ambition seem endless - but he doesnt seem to fit with mancinis plans

early days perhaps and maybe the next ten games will see him become a regular but I fear he is not on Mancinis wish list

The man can be decisive in games - i truly hope but dont believe he will become a legend at city
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:48 pm

Patrick wrote:

I love Ireland - his dedication and ambition seem endless - but he doesnt seem to fit with mancinis plans

early days perhaps and maybe the next ten games will see him become a regular but I fear he is not on Mancinis wish list

The man can be decisive in games - i truly hope but dont believe he will become a legend at city

what makes you say he doesn't fit Patrick? has Ireland been fit for more than 2 games under Mancini? maybe i missed something.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Keegan called it right on TV yesterday when he said "Mancini won't know his best 11 yet".... a good insight from another manager. Mancini is still at that stage I think, despite achieving good results.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Patrick wrote:

what makes you say he doesn't fit Patrick? has Ireland been fit for more than 2 games under Mancini? maybe i missed something.

cheers

Saturday I axe that you is right my black brother
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Return to The Maine Football forum