Anelka

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Anelka

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:32 pm

I know its been touched on in a couple of threads, but it seems really unlikely he'll stay at Chelsea after four seperate attempts to get him to sign an extension have broken down. Sky "sauces" reckon there's only a 10% chance he'll stay.

Obviously he's not happy with the money on offer...

I'll be very suprised if we haven't already sent out signals to the Anelka camp, especially in light of the Robinho talk.

So I reckon this thread could be the interesting one of the transfer window, although I have been wrong once or twice before ;)

What's the thoughts and what do you think the chances are that we have made a move for him?
Original Dub

Re: Anelka

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:36 pm

I'd LOVE him back but there are people who couldn't stand him first time around..... they'd loathe to see The Elk back.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm

A treble on the horizon and the Elk to leave it behind to come back to City? I don't think so.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Original Dub wrote:I know its been touched on in a couple of threads, but it seems really unlikely he'll stay at Chelsea after four seperate attempts to get him to sign an extension have broken down. Sky "sauces" reckon there's only a 10% chance he'll stay.

I'll be very suprised if we haven't already sent out signals to the Anelka camp, especially in light of the Robinho talk.

So I reckon this thread could be the interesting one of the transfer window, although I have been wrong once or twice before ;)

What's the thoughts and what do you think the chances are that we have made a move for him?

I'd have the Elk back in a heartbeat.

Top player.

The massive improvement in the squad since he was here last would also likely see an improved Anelka.

Give him a ring Pat, put in a good word!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Original Dub wrote:I know its been touched on in a couple of threads, but it seems really unlikely he'll stay at Chelsea after four seperate attempts to get him to sign an extension have broken down. Sky "sauces" reckon there's only a 10% chance he'll stay.

He's got 18 months to go apparently. By the end of that period there's a fair chance his pace will be starting to go, in which case he may decide to accept less money as a bigger offer may not be forthcoming . Unless he goes into sulk mode I imagine they'll just see his contract out.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:40 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:A treble on the horizon and the Elk to leave it behind to come back to City? I don't think so.

For us? ;-)

Would love to see The Elk back in sky blue...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beeks » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Have him in a heartbeat...even though I hate the sulky bugger...he looks happy at Chelsea though...surprised if he wants to leave.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Wooders » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:41 pm

I'd love him back but 1) they won't sell to us I don't think 2) we wouldn't get him this transfer window anyway 3) as Doug says he's not gonna leave all those potential medals to come and play here before the summer
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

He's got 18 months to go apparently. By the end of that period there's a fair chance his pace will be starting to go, in which case he may decide to accept less money as a bigger offer may not be forthcoming . Unless he goes into sulk mode I imagine they'll just see his contract out.

That's a good point mate, and he is an integral part of their team, but I think we could worse than get him in here on a 3 year deal. He's always been a super fit athlete and faster than most players, so I feel he can play well into his thirties at the top level.

What a stiker he was when he was here. Now when I see him I think "what a player". He's not just a fantastic finisher these days, his team play is fantastic and he can play where we have/had Robinho playing as well.

It could be a long shot, but there's a reason I reckon he's stalling and we should put a cheeky bid in IMO.
Original Dub

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Wooders wrote:I'd love him back but 1) they won't sell to us I don't think 2) we wouldn't get him this transfer window anyway 3) as Doug says he's not gonna leave all those potential medals to come and play here before the summer

Elk is a bit of a wildcard though, all through his career he's made some risky choices.

Flutter enough dough under his nose and add to that the change of pace and a new challenge a move brings, i think he might just go into sulk mode and look to move.
Blue Blood

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

That's a good point mate, and he is an integral part of their team, but I think we could worse than get him in here on a 3 year deal. He's always been a super fit athlete and faster than most players, so I feel he can play well into his thirties at the top level.

What a stiker he was when he was here. Now when I see him I think "what a player". He's not just a fantastic finisher these days, his team play is fantastic and he can play where we have/had Robinho playing as well.

It could be a long shot, but there's a reason I reckon he's stalling and we should put a cheeky bid in IMO.

Yeah, AND I can't remember him ever having a serious knee injury so it's very possible he could keep his pace for quite a few years still.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

He'd be a great addition to our strike force no doubt. Just can't see why Chelsea would let him go. It's not as if they're payng off interest on a debt, to pay off the interest on a debt before starting to pay off a debt. A bid for Rooney on the other hand....
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
Wooders wrote:I'd love him back but 1) they won't sell to us I don't think 2) we wouldn't get him this transfer window anyway 3) as Doug says he's not gonna leave all those potential medals to come and play here before the summer

Elk is a bit of a wildcard though, all through his career he's made some risky choices.

Flutter enough dough under his nose and add to that the change of pace and a new challenge a move brings, i think he might just go into sulk mode and look to move.

This is the thing - he doesn't have a particular loyalty to any team he played for. He is the ultimate professional footballing mercenary. This is the last chance for a bumper pay pack and that's why he is playing extreme hardball with chelsea.

Also, a couple of defensive signings, a quality mid and Anelka and we'll have every bit as much of a chance of winning everthing as Chelsea will have over the next 3 or 4 years.
Original Dub

Postby Mike J » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:07 pm

fucking awesome striker. would have him back in an instant.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Would love him back here but I can't see it happening, but hey, hopefully I'm wrong.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Blueboylewis » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Would love him back and if contract talks are stalling, Then we need to capitilise on that and ask about his availability come the summer or maybe even earlier!

Does his contract at chelsea end in the summer?
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:Would love him back and if contract talks are stalling, Then we need to capitilise on that and ask about his availability come the summer or maybe even earlier!

Original Dub

Postby Blueboylewis » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Blueboylewis wrote:Would love him back and if contract talks are stalling, Then we need to capitilise on that and ask about his availability come the summer or maybe even earlier!

Was you mean to write something then Dub? :)
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:44 pm

I loved anelka but when he moved to fenerbahce and said he needed to move to a bigger club , i hated him from that moment. Same with barton i loved him until he went to newcastle because they was a bigger club i hated him since.

So no on that basis.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby edge275 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:41 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:I loved anelka but when he moved to fenerbahce and said he needed to move to a bigger club , i hated him from that moment. Same with barton i loved him until he went to newcastle because they was a bigger club i hated him since.

So no on that basis.

I don't take it personal from him. He's an excellent striker and I'd welcome him back with open arms.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum