Anelka

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Anelka

Postby Goataldo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:00 pm

Chance wuold be a fine thing, I reckon there's none.

Would be nice though.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Vhero » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Never known a player to come back to a club and make headlines before.. He could be the exception..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:I loved anelka but when he moved to fenerbahce and said he needed to move to a bigger club , i hated him from that moment. Same with barton i loved him until he went to newcastle because they was a bigger club i hated him since.

So no on that basis.

I can't hold the fener move against the Elk, at the time things were pretty bleak here and we effectively pushed him out the door, we needed the dosh badly then.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Triffic player...I don't fink we could persuade chewlsea to let him come tho

Cookie...tap him up
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby ruralblue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:22 pm

Proven scorer who I would be more that happy to see wear the proper shade of Blue again. He has matured mentally as well over the past couple of years.

Do I think he will leave Chelsea this window or in the Summer, no.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:22 pm

edge275 wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:I loved anelka but when he moved to fenerbahce and said he needed to move to a bigger club , i hated him from that moment. Same with barton i loved him until he went to newcastle because they was a bigger club i hated him since.

So no on that basis.

I don't take it personal from him. He's an excellent striker and I'd welcome him back with open arms.

Me too - I know that it seems a long shot but he would get a serious pay rise with us - about £40k per week? - 4 years = it would tempt him big time I think
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Burt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Vhero wrote:Never known a player to come back to a club and make headlines before.. He could be the exception..

Denis Law's back heel 1974 ring any bells mate?
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:32 pm

Get a bid in for him, i would love to see him back at the club. I loved him the first time round, and think he could really do a job for us.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby TonyM » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:10 pm

I'd love him to come back. Couldn't finish a 1 on 1 to save his life but a great player all the same.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Martinez » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:52 am

Sometimes I wonder if the Elk is really comfortable moving around from club to club and arguing over his already obscene salary, or could it be his greedy brother/ agent/ leech, who is looking for a payoff and manages to persuade him all the time.
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby sandman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:09 am

Is he a good player... Yes

Would he be an improvements... Yes

Should we buy him... No

He left under a cloud faking an injury that mysteriously disappeared during his transfer medical, he never sticks with a club for more than two seasons and he was a disruption in the dressing room last time. He showed a lack of discipline by refusing to run laps of the pitch with the other lads which Keegan allowed and when we needed him most he walked away. He is playing for one of the best teams in the world yet still isnt happy,
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:51 am

One of the best strikers I have ever seen in our shirt, however, I rememer all the baggage (brother) that comes with him and all the misquotes from l'equipe etc.

If he is not happy at chelsea, then he needs to give up the game completely. He has never been happy and left us for a two bit club and then went to BOLTON FFS! Then whinged that his services should be shown at the highest level! He got his wish and is now first choice for the frenchies alongside Henry and at one the top clubs in European football. Yet he still carries on with his usual finesse....

Steer well clear IMO.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:59 am

I read an interview very recently where he said hes the happiest hes ever been at chelsea and can win everything there
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:02 am

Wonderwall wrote:One of the best strikers I have ever seen in our shirt, however, I rememer all the baggage (brother) that comes with him and all the misquotes from l'equipe etc.

If he is not happy at chelsea, then he needs to give up the game completely. He has never been happy and left us for a two bit club and then went to BOLTON FFS! Then whinged that his services should be shown at the highest level! He got his wish and is now first choice for the frenchies alongside Henry and at one the top clubs in European football. Yet he still carries on with his usual finesse....

Steer well clear IMO.

Hell hath no fury like a Carolgees scorned
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby 13021J » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:25 am

TonyM wrote:I'd love him to come back. Couldn't finish a 1 on 1 to save his life but a great player all the same.

Are you having a laugh? Still the best natural striker I have ever seen in a City shirt, his finishing was top notch. 37 goals in 89 games for us when we were at best a mid table side is excellent, and he's even better now.

But I think he'd be mad to leave Chelsea. Same as the Rooney situation = stalling by agents to extract maximum £££
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:39 am

13021J wrote:
TonyM wrote:I'd love him to come back. Couldn't finish a 1 on 1 to save his life but a great player all the same.

Are you having a laugh? Still the best natural striker I have ever seen in a City shirt, his finishing was top notch. 37 goals in 89 games for us when we were at best a mid table side is excellent, and he's even better now.

But I think he'd be mad to leave Chelsea. Same as the Rooney situation = stalling by agents to extract maximum £££

I agree with Tony, Anelka's 1 on 1's were woeful. I would bet he missed more 1 on 1's than he scored.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby simon12 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:52 am

`arry`s after him.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum