Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:08 am

Robinho eyes loan move from Man City to Brazil's Santos
Robinho has featured sporadically for Manchester City so far this season
Brazilian forward Robinho says he is confident he will join his former club Santos on loan from Manchester City "in the next few days".
The 26-year-old has been widely tipped to leave Eastlands, though boss Roberto Mancini says he wants Robinho to stay.
But Robinho told Brazilian television network Globo: "It's all on the right track. It's 90% certain to happen.
Santos press officer, Arnaldo Hase, said: "Negotiations are on course, with a six-month loan most realistic."
Robinho said Santos wanted a year-long loan with City looking at a six month arrangement, claiming that, "in two or three days, it should all be sealed."
Hase, meanwhile, explained that Santos were "very, very close" to clinching an agreement.
"Discussions between the directors of both clubs began last week and our marketing directors are in London to initiate talks," he told BBC Radio 5 live.
"Of course Santos would like a longer deal, but I think six months would be closer.
"All Santos supporters are waiting for news and they are very excited.
"However the president is very prudent and he doesn't like to celebrate a goal until the ball has been struck."
Robinho scored his first goal of the season for City in their 4-2 FA Cup win at Scunthorpe on Sunday, though he has struggled to win a place in the side for most of the campaign.
He cost a British transfer record £32.4m when he joined City from Real Madrid in 2008 but is keen to be playing regular football with a World Cup approaching.
Mancini, who took over from Mark Hughes as manager in December, says he would like to keep Robinho, a wish that appears increasingly unlikely to come true.
This season, Robinho hasn't fully recovered from injury and hasn't played much football, but people still expect him to be brilliant every time he plays
Santos president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro has also revealed that the deal struck with City could allow the English outfit first refusal on the Brazilian club's talented youngsters Paulo Henrique Ganso and Neymar.
"They want the first choice to buy the two boys," said Ribeiro. "That does not bother us because we sell the players for the best offer.
Robinho joined City on transfer deadline day in August 2008.
But after a promising start, his form deserted him and he has started only eight games in all competitions this campaign, prompting links with a move to Barcelona.
Kevin Parker, general secretary of the Manchester City Official Supporters' Club, said most fans are looking forward to seeing the back of their erratic Brazilian.
"He's got fantastic ability and talent but can't turn that into team effort on the pitch," he said.
"He's a distraction both on and off the field. It's probably the best solution if he goes."

Gago a no-go zone for City
ROBERTO MANCINI has had a £12million bid for Real Madrid midfielder Fernando Gago turned down.
The Spanish giants want at least £17.5m for the Argentinian and Manchester City boss Mancini is expected to return with a higher offer.
Gago, 23, is keen to link up with international team-mates Carlos Tevez and Pablo Zabaleta.
His agent Marcelo Lombilla will today hold talks with Real director general Jorge Valdano in a bid for force their hand.
Boca Juniors want to take him on loan for six months but Real want a permanent deal.

Cops crack down on trouble fans ahead of cup clash
GMP have released pictures of the 15 football fans police want to speak to after trouble marred last weeks Carling Cup final clash between Manchester City and Manchester United.
Ahead of tomorrow night's crunch second leg, the M.E.N. can also reveal that the force's top brass have held summits with officials from both clubs and have introduced a host of security measures ahead of what promises to be a highly charged Old Trafford clash.
A 'ring of steel' will surround the ground and some fans could be searched TWICE before being allowed entry.
Sniffer dogs will be employed to search for flares after United fans set off two at the Eastlands first leg.
City fans are facing the prospect of being locked in the ground after the game – depending on the result.
Officers made 18 arrests at last Tuesday's tie, which City won 2-1.
But after reviewing CCTV footage they have released the pictures and launched a hotline in a bid to track down 13 others.
Fights broke out before and after the game while seats, coins and bottles were thrown inside the ground.
United star Patrice Evra was hit by a lighter and police confiscated a dart, two golf balls and a snooker ball from fans at the turnstiles. There were no serious injuries.
Tensions have been running high before the second leg, which, with a place at Wembley at stake, has been hailed as the most keenly anticipated derby in years
About 350 officers will be deployed – 70 more than those present at the first leg.
The FA (Football Association) have written to both clubs asking them to remind the players of their responsibilities after Blues striker and ex-Red Carlos Tevez, who scored both of
City's goals, exchanged hand gestures with United captain Gary Neville during the first leg.
And Blues boss Roberto Mancini told the Argentinian not to make any more comments after he slated his former teammate on a radio show, branding him a 'moron' and a 'boot licker'.
City legend Mike Summerbee has also called for calm.
In a message to Blues fans he said: “I would say behave yourselves because that's what life is about. People respect City fans for their behaviour at the end of the day and I plead with them – go there and enjoy it.”
A United spokesman urged fans of both sides to get to the ground early.
He said: “Because of the extra searches they need to aim for being in their seat around half an hour before kick off.”
Supt Craig Thompson of North Manchester division said: "At last week's match there were a small number of so called football fans who marred an otherwise enjoyable game.
“The people who caused the disorder are a disgrace to the vast majority of peaceful and genuine fans who simply wanted to enjoy the match.
"If you recognise the people pictured, please get in touch, we need to find those responsible so we can stop them from ruining matches for anyone else."
Assistant Chief Constable Ian Hopkins, added: "After the match last week I made it clear that we would not simply forget what happened.
"While the people involved may think they have got away with it, we have spent the past few days reviewing evidence and we are working hard to catch those responsible.
"These people must be held accountable for their behaviour."

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has pledged his future to the club after being linked to Barcelona and Real Madrid in recent weeks. The Sun

But Rooney's team-mate, midfielder Anderson, looks to be heading out of Old Trafford after recent poor performances for United The Sun

Arsenal are set to revive their interest in AC Milan's Dutch striker Klass Jan-Huntelaar and may seek to bring him in on loan until the end of the season. Daily Star

But Everton are also showing an interest in Huntelaar, who has also played for Real Madrid. The Times

Birmingham are set to step up their pursuit of Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko. Daily Mirror

Sunderland are preparing a £10m move for Portsmouth centre-back Younes Kaboul. Daily Mirror

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is setting up a loan move for Monaco forward Eidur Gudjohnsen. Daily Mirror

Hull want to sign Egyptian striker Mido, who is still registered with Middlesbrough, so he can team up with countryman Amr Zaki. Daily Mail

Stoke goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen looks set to leave the club, with manager Tony Pulis closing in on the signing of Portsmouth's David James. Daily Express

Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan is closing in on QPR's £1.75m-rated winger Wayne Routledge. The Sun

Stuttgart's Turkey midfielder Yildiray Basturk is flying in for talks with Blackburn over a potential loan deal. : Daily Mail

Burnley boss Brian Laws is interested in Celtic left-back Danny Fox. Daily Mail

Everton are ready to offer Leeds the chance to cash in on striker Jermaine Beckford and are preparing a £2m bid. Daily Mirror

WAG OF THE DAY - Kartika Luyet
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... tika-luyet

OTHER BOLOX
Under-fire Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is a target for Italian club Juventus. The Times

The son of Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi, Saadi Gaddafi, is in talks to become Portsmouth's new owner. Daily Mirror

Sven-Goran Eriksson will walk away from his role as Notts County director of football if the Magpies fail to secure funding to stave off their huge tax bill. Daily Mirror

Former Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo, who was sent off for violent conduct in Real Madrid's 2-0 win over Malaga at the weekend, says he was educated not to dive and cheat in England. The Sun (so he admits he cheated then ...)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:39 am

Chinners wrote:Under-fire Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is a target for Italian club Juventus. The Times

If I were a Liverpool fan I would be turning cartwheels at the prospect of this.

What a fucking result that would be for them. I hope he goes....he's a useless twat

ps. I love the wag
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:43 am

I really really hope OB don't go overboard on security wednesday night. There's a fine line between protecting people and treating people like dogs. It could kick off BECAUSE not despite security measures.

Super WAG!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:58 am

The Robinho move will be good for a few reasons.
1. He is taking a pay cut to go there so we dont have to pay any of his wages
2. In return we get first refusal on there 2 hottest prospects
3. He may come back rejuvenated and back to his old self
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:05 am

Vhero wrote:The Robinho move will be good for a few reasons.

3. is the only one that matters.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:09 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Vhero wrote:The Robinho move will be good for a few reasons.

3. is the only one that matters.

Indeed but number 2 is what we should be doing with more loans we send out as we are building for the future now.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ashton287 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 am

i like the way they half arsed the security for eastlands but they will make sure nothing happens at the swamp
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Return to The Maine Football forum