Buffon B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Buffon B*ll*x

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:40 pm

Given's one of the best in the country but Gigi is the best in the world. Depends how far your ambition stretches.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:42 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Given's one of the best in the country but Gigi is the best in the world. Depends how far your ambition stretches.

I agree 100% mate but right now we have more needing places to fill and I doubt we are looking to sign Buffon especially in the January window.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Vhero wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Given's one of the best in the country but Gigi is the best in the world. Depends how far your ambition stretches.

I agree 100% mate but right now we have more needing places to fill and I doubt we are looking to sign Buffon especially in the January window.

Not for one moment suggesting that we have an interest in him. Personally I don't buy into any transfer speculation whatsoever. Mainly because I don't like thinking about 'what ifs', 99% of it it pure bollox & I quite like the element of surprise that comes with a new signing you didn't really hear anything about.

But as I say, imo, Buffon is the best. Given's good enough to be in a Prem, even a Chumps League winning side so I'm quite happy with him in goal.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:19 pm

sweenyuk wrote:
Kyle wrote:
sweenyuk wrote:I can see this happening... Mancini was proper mad when Given let in the first goal under his management... Also Stuart Taylor showed he was clearly not a prem goalie against Scun so we need a new reserve goalie and I can see Shay going into the reserves

Shay playing in the reserves? I just got my morning laugh. He is def in the top five in the world, but you would put him in the reserves?

So list me the medals he has won then in this great career he has had to get to top 5

You are joking right.... medals don't mean shit Ben Foster's got medals and he's no where near as good as Given and theres other keepers out there with medals no where need the standard of Given aswell.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby blues-clues » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:53 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
sweenyuk wrote:
Kyle wrote:
sweenyuk wrote:I can see this happening... Mancini was proper mad when Given let in the first goal under his management... Also Stuart Taylor showed he was clearly not a prem goalie against Scun so we need a new reserve goalie and I can see Shay going into the reserves

Shay playing in the reserves? I just got my morning laugh. He is def in the top five in the world, but you would put him in the reserves?

So list me the medals he has won then in this great career he has had to get to top 5

You are joking right.... medals don't mean shit Ben Foster's got medals and he's no where near as good as Given and theres other keepers out there with medals no where need the standard of Given aswell.

That's true.. Taylor has a premiership winners medal. Better then Given? I think, on reflection, probably not.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:30 pm

David May has a champions league winners medal FFS, end of on the medals bollox
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site