Adebayor likely to feature on Wednesday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Adebayor likely to feature on Wednesday

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Emmanuel Adebayor could feature in Wednesday night’s Carling Cup semi final second leg after returning to City.

The striker was given compassionate leave by the club following the attack on the Togo team before the start of the African Cup of Nations. After spending time with his family and attending the funerals of those killed in the incident, Emmanuel flew back to Manchester on Sunday and trained with his City team mates ahead of the visit to Old Trafford.

"Emmanuel is fine,” reported Blues boss Roberto Mancini, “he trained with us on Monday for the first time and came through OK. I have spoken with him about what happened when he was away, he’s very quiet but he is focussed on the game with United. There is no problem with him for tomorrow.

"It’s important that he is well and that
he is concentrating on the game
tomorrow. There is a chance he will be
on the bench, he will only have trained
twice with the squad since coming
back, but having seen him I think he
will be ready to play some part."

The Ivory Coast’s departure from the tournament at the hands of Algeria on Sunday means that Kolo Toure will be back with squad, earlier than the player may have wanted but providing his club manager with another possible option.

“I’m very sorry for him, but happy for the club!” laughs the boss. “He is coming back tonight so we will have to see how he is tomorrow. We’ll decide on Tuesday, but with Kolo fitness should not be a problem as he only played three days ago. I hope he can play, but I understand that he may be tired after the flight.

“Because of this, I can’t decide until tomorrow’s training session. But at least he and Emmanuel are both back with us, I hope to have a nice problem when picking my teams for the games to come.”

Patrick Vieira will not feature at Old Trafford, the experienced midfielder has still not recovered from the calf problem that he picked up in his last game for Inter Milan, and Mancini is not willing to take a chance on the Frenchman.

“It’s better that we don’t risk Patrick, he won’t be ready for United but I hope that he will be for Portsmouth or maybe Hull after that.”

When asked about possible business in the transfer window at his Tuesday lunchtime press conference, the Manager stressed that he won’t think about any possible arrivals or departures until after Wednesday’s game.

“We have only five days of the window left, but we have such an important game tomorrow that we must concentrate on first. After the game it’s possible we might bring in more players but we must respect the players we have here now.”

from mcfc.co.uk
Last edited by Mark (Blue Army) on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Ade likely to feature on Wednesday

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:47 pm

bollocks to starting toure!!!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Where's "Got My Light Blue and Now Not So Punctual" Higgi with the training report? huh? where the bloody hell is he!???? haha

Was Robinho there?

How does Manu look?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Re: Adebayor likely to feature on Wednesday

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Well I hope he's ready if not to start, to come on from the bench, because we might need him to do the target man job that Benji can't do that well (besides, hasn't Benji gone to WHU on loan now?)
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:52 pm

ant london wrote:Where's "Got My Light Blue and Now Not So Punctual" Higgi with the training report? huh? where the bloody hell is he!???? haha

Was Robinho there?

How does Manu look?

Questions Doug needs to answer or else lol Really happy Ade's back though he will proberly have the game of his life on Wed with everyone not expecting much from him.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby 13021J » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Hmmm, I hoped he would start but looks like he won't. Ireland just behind Tevez looks likely now. Chance for Superman to stamp his mark on this season.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:52 pm

13021J wrote:Hmmm, I hoped he would start but looks like he won't. Ireland just behind Tevez looks likely now. Chance for Superman to stamp his mark on this season.

that thought worries the fuck out of me Irelands season so far has been shocking for the guy I too want him to get back to last seasons performances but if he plays anything like at weekend the rags midfield will tear us a new one.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby 13021J » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:38 am

Vhero wrote:
13021J wrote:Hmmm, I hoped he would start but looks like he won't. Ireland just behind Tevez looks likely now. Chance for Superman to stamp his mark on this season.

that thought worries the fuck out of me Irelands season so far has been shocking for the guy I too want him to get back to last seasons performances but if he plays anything like at weekend the rags midfield will tear us a new one.

Basically Ireland hasn't played in the position he did last season so far in 09/10. But if he is gonna stay with us he needs to be effective in a 4 man midfield. Going forward we want to play with two strikers and so cannot afford an out and out AM.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:56 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
ant london wrote:Where's "Got My Light Blue and Now Not So Punctual" Higgi with the training report? huh? where the bloody hell is he!???? haha

Was Robinho there?

How does Manu look?

Questions Doug needs to answer or else lol Really happy Ade's back though he will proberly have the game of his life on Wed with everyone not expecting much from him.

I don't think I can take the pressure :) It is all down to the approach and formation Mancini wants to play with. If he feels 4.4.2 is the right way to go he has the right players to do it because I think Ade is ready to start from what I saw but he may go cautious again and start 4.5.1 and leave Ade on the bench for the start and see how it goes.

It's just 8 hours away so you will know soon enough.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:10 pm

The more I think of it, the more I'm convinced that Ade is gonna seal it tonight. After his recent issues got to be on the cards

May have to have him for last goal
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum