Weiss looks to play double role

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Weiss looks to play double role

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Vladimir Weiss is preparing for the World Cup with a loan spell at Bolton - but the tricky Slovakia winger can still help the Blues to get back into Europe next season.

Sympathetic City boss Roberto Mancini let Weiss go to the Reebok this week so that the 20-year-old prospect can hone his skills in Premier League action for the South Africa finals.

But Weiss can also boost City's top-four bid from afar. He said: "I can still help City. Bolton play Liverpool on Saturday, and we still have Manchester United, Aston Villa, Chelsea and Spurs to come. But my priority for now will be Bolton.

"It's hard in a way to leave City, even if it is only for a few months. But Bolton is only half an hour away, so I can still live at home - I'm just training and playing with different lads.

"I can tell I'm going to be happy here, the people are nice and everybody has made me welcome.

"The most important thing for me is that I get experience and match fitness for the World Cup finals in the summer. At my age I need to be getting games, and the manager understood that.

"Bolton need to make sure they stay in the Premier League and it's not going to be easy. But that means it will be a proper challenge for all the players at the Reebok, including me now.

"I'm not sure of getting a game when I look at the squad here. There's plenty of competition so making my mark is going to be hard. I can only try my best in training and take it from there."

Vladi's father, Vladimir Weiss Senior, is Slovakia's coach and flew over to help decide the move.

He added: "City have enough good players in the squad already. When I get back in the summer I'll be a different player, with more experience and hopefully a good World Cup behind me."

from mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Weiss looks to play double role

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Good lad Vlad.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm really really pleased that Mancini and the club have loaned out Vlad at this point

One of the mistakes we made with Sturridge IMO was keeping him around the fringes of the first team squad for too long and restricting him to peripheral involvement.

I know his attitude was suspect but I feel that if we'd let him have 12 months out at (say) Newcastle on loan he would have come back a better player and more able to get into the actual first team...and may have stayed.

Smart move this is and I am very much looking forward to seeing what young Vladimir looks like after half a prem season and a world cup!??!!!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Poss true about Sturridge. I think he'd be a better player now if he'd played a full season somewhere. Mind you he was never fucking fit.

Actually looking forward to watching Bolton now! Bizzarre!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Vladimir Weiss is preparing for the World Cup with a loan spell at Bolton - but the tricky Slovakia winger can still help the Blues to get back into Europe next season.

Sympathetic City boss Roberto Mancini let Weiss go to the Reebok this week so that the 20-year-old prospect can hone his skills in Premier League action for the South Africa finals.

But Weiss can also boost City's top-four bid from afar. He said: "I can still help City. Bolton play Liverpool on Saturday, and we still have Manchester U***d, Aston Villa, Chelsea and Spurs to come. But my priority for now will be Bolton.

"It's hard in a way to leave City, even if it is only for a few months. But Bolton is only half an hour away, so I can still live at home - I'm just training and playing with different lads.

"I can tell I'm going to be happy here, the people are nice and everybody has made me welcome.

"The most important thing for me is that I get experience and match fitness for the World Cup finals in the summer. At my age I need to be getting games, and the manager understood that.

"Bolton need to make sure they stay in the Premier League and it's not going to be easy. But that means it will be a proper challenge for all the players at the Reebok, including me now.

"I'm not sure of getting a game when I look at the squad here. There's plenty of competition so making my mark is going to be hard. I can only try my best in training and take it from there."

Vladi's father, Vladimir Weiss Senior, is Slovakia's coach and flew over to help decide the move.

He added: "City have enough good players in the squad already. When I get back in the summer I'll be a different player, with more experience and hopefully a good World Cup behind me."

from mcfc.co.uk

I've nothing but praise for this kid's attitude having read this.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Fish111 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:42 pm

ant london wrote:I'm really really pleased that Mancini and the club have loaned out Vlad at this point.One of the mistakes we made with Sturridge IMO was keeping him around the fringes of the first team squad for too long and restricting him to peripheral involvement.

I agree ant, this will do him the world of good without unsettling him by having to live in another part of the country and, like he says, he can help City from afar in a small way.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Cityfan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:50 pm

Weiss looks good but I am not sure how many starts he will get. Lee is one of Boltons better players
Cityfan
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby 13021J » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Hopefully we have a clause saying he has to play, or if he doesn't they pay his wages.

Bolton - my new 2nd (Prem league, will not abandon the mighty Vale) club!
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:00 pm

I'm sure this loan will do him lots of good, and he will show his ability in the WC too. He will be then a true alternative for us on the right wing, next season.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby BetaManchester » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Spot on attitude. His dad's raised that boy well.
BetaManchester
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Our club.
My favourite player is: Goat.. or is it Kinky??

Return to The Maine Football forum