Training Tuesday 26/1

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 26/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Things to do today so I thought I would ring Carrington to check when they were training and was told 3pm so it gave me time to get sorted.Trouble is when i got there at 2.45 they were just finishing! Here's NMT brief report:

Not much to report today lads, we were given a bum steer as to the time training started yet again, this has happened to DH much more than me and it leaves a little sour taste in the mouth.

Anyway I got there for the last 20 minutes to see a short sided 5/6 a side game, very similar to what i read yesterday from DH's report.

Bridge and Adebayor looked really sharp, Toure wasn't involved and i didn't see him, that's not to say he wasn't in the building, there were players going in when i got there so couldn't really say who was out and who wasn't.

Bellers and Barry stood out for me in this session, wasn't near enough to gauge what was being said and directed but the spirit seemed really good.

Lescott was out working with a fitness coach and was really putting a shift in.

What i did like was when the 1st's had finished, Mancini walked over the to reserves pitch and studied what they were doing, i never saw MH do this and Mancini has already shown he's happy to integrate the younger players if they impress.

Will try later in the week if i get chance.

NMT

Pretty well all I saw , heard actually was some players singing as they went in. Sounded in great spirits and I thought it was about Robi staying and incl8uded Robi himself together with Benjani and Ade. That's what it looked and sounded like anyway.

As for being given the wrong time , it's a pain but it does seem that Mancini picks the timings very late and the staff don't seem to know much about what's going on either until late. C'est la vie.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 26/1

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:22 pm

cheers brother higginbottom.

So intruiging about Robi!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby blues-clues » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Boody hell that is bang out of order Doug. We can't have them messing you about like that! How the hell are we supposed to live of those meagre scraps in a week like this?

No pass and no call to ask you what time you want them to start.... FFS what sort of clown show is Mancini running here?

Thanks for the update anyway Doug. Your efforts are appreciated.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Not acceptable Doug you should be camped out so you dont miss a thing!!!!

Really shit the club lieing like that, thanks for the report Doug glad to see Ade and Bridge looking sharp maybe they will both get a run out on Wed.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Somerset Blue » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 pm

ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE DOUG A REASONABLE APPROXIMATION AS TO THE TIME AT WHICH TRAINING WILL COMMENCE. THANK YOU.

Edit: It's not really that catchy, is it?
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:33 pm

As much as I enjoy these reports - and i think they're arguably the site's best asset - i can understand why the management of the club wouldn't want to give anything away on the eve of such a big game. It wouldn't take much for someone from the Scummer camp to come on and relay a message along the lines of "Right - Toure's definitely not fit and Adebayor doesn't look ready. Let's focus all our efforts on man-marking Tevez and really getting at that Boyata kid." It's a shame that they'd give you the cold shoulder like that but I reckon it's for the greater good on this occasion.

In any case, cheers once again for the efforts Doug and see what you can dig up ahead of Sunday's game.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:As much as I enjoy these reports - and i think they're arguably the site's best asset - i can understand why the management of the club wouldn't want to give anything away on the eve of such a big game. It wouldn't take much for someone from the Scummer camp to come on and relay a message along the lines of "Right - Toure's definitely not fit and Adebayor doesn't look ready. Let's focus all our efforts on man-marking Tevez and really getting at that Boyata kid." It's a shame that they'd give you the cold shoulder like that but I reckon it's for the greater good on this occasion.

In any case, cheers once again for the efforts Doug and see what you can dig up ahead of Sunday's game.

If they're that arsed they can send someone over in the morning with a warm coat & a flask of Bovril to wait, watch & report back.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Pity they didn't train behind the fence then and allowed 3 onlookers ( all reds I believe) to watch everything!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Could be a big scoop that Dougie - have you been in touch with the Red Tops yet?!!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Pretty well all I saw , heard actually was some players singing as they went in. Sounded in great spirits and I thought it was about Robi staying and incl8uded Robi himself together with Benjani and Ade. That's what it looked and sounded like anyway.

Be nice to think Robbie was staying but if Bejani was joining in singing & he's supposed to be off to WHam it's probably not conclusive evidence.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:50 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Could be a big scoop that Dougie - have you been in touch with the Red Tops yet?!!

Decode that and I will answer it!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Thanks for the report even if you were given the wrong time and missed most of the training. Good to know that Bridge and Ade seem sharp, maybe both will play a part tomorrow, eh?

Curoous about what the singing was all about, lol.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:00 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Could be a big scoop that Dougie - have you been in touch with the Red Tops yet?!!

Robi Staying Song as sung by Robi and chorus -- worth a fortune that story Dougie (except that you've already broken it!)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Pretty well all I saw , heard actually was some players singing as they went in. Sounded in great spirits and I thought it was about Robi staying and included Robi himself together with Benjani and Ade. That's what it looked and sounded like anyway.

Maybe it was

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho
It's off to santos you go
With Benji off and Ade back
Heigh-ho
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Pity they didn't train behind the fence then and allowed 3 onlookers ( all reds I believe) to watch everything!

Well in that case it's extremely poor form on the club's part. Still, you must know what I mean. Didn't Bellamy say something directly to you of the same effect a few months back (see: I read these reports religiously)? A balance does need to be struck where the fans are in the loop and you're rewarded for your commitment to the cause. If what you say about the reds being inside and you being outside is true then you've a right to feel aggrieved.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Pity they didn't train behind the fence then and allowed 3 onlookers ( all reds I believe) to watch everything!

Well in that case it's extremely poor form on the club's part. Still, you must know what I mean. Didn't Bellamy say something directly to you of the same effect a few months back (see: I read these reports religiously)? A balance does need to be struck where the fans are in the loop and you're rewarded for your commitment to the cause. If what you say about the reds being inside and you being outside is true then you've a right to feel aggrieved.

Yes I do know exactly what you mean and I was just winding up about the 3 reds watching. It is interesting though that the fence is there and yet before arguably our biggest game in yonks they didnt train behind it. I think I mentioned the other day when that Italian lad was watching with me he was surprised that there were not more fans watching as that would be the norm in Italy.

I am still hopeful Vicky Kloss will organise something but it has been a very busy time of late so maybe after this week something might happen.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:05 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Robi Staying Song as sung by Robi and chorus -- worth a fortune that story Dougie (except that you've already broken it!)

I doubt it very much. Just a few footballers having a laugh and nowt more but better happy than miserable.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum