Gary Neville is a Worm

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Gary Neville is a Worm

Postby bawbag » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Gary Neville is indeed low-life. He's going back to his roots as a worm. See the attached from the Bolton News today............

FROM THE BOLTON NEWS

Footballer Gary Neville's goal for zero-carbon living
6:00am Tuesday 26th January 2010

THIS is the first look at the new zero-carbon “home of the future” Manchester United star Gary Neville wants to build in the Bolton countryside.

The former England player has spent three years drawing up the designs for the 8,000 sq ft home on his Harwood estate.

Much of the building is underground, leading to comparisons to a Stone Age settlement. But the structure is so advanced the Government is highlighting the scheme as a footprint for all future zero-carbon developments.

Even though the development would be on green belt land, it is understood that Mr Neville is hoping to use planning laws that allow the building of new country houses providing the designs are “truly outstanding and ground-breaking” and reflect the “highest standards in contemporary architecture”.

Last month, the Manchester United club captain impressed planning chiefs in Bolton with his in-depth knowledge of planning issues and sustainable technology.

Plans submitted to Bolton Council last week, by international firm Make Architects, show the kitchen as the “heart” of the development with several wings — with titles such as eat, relax, entertain, work, sleep and play — arranged around the central area like petals on a flower.

In a report to the council, the architects said: “Having spent time with the client and his family at their existing house, it became very clear that the kitchen should be the focus of the new home, as it is the space they inhabit most on a daily basis.

“In response to this, we have structured a spatial arrangement on a single level, where public (entertaining), family (day-to-day), private (bedrooms) and functional spaces (utilities) are incorporated in separate wings which all radiate from a centrally located kitchen at the heart of the house.”

Also in the report, which is one of several documents included with the application, the development is likened to the Skara Brae Neolithic settlement in Orkney, because of the way it is built into the hillside which “enables the surrounding moorland to seamlessly flow across the roof”.

A wind turbine, a ground-source heat pump and solar panels mean the house will be the first zero-carbon home in Bolton, with electricity generated on the site also being used to reduce the carbon footprint of Mr Neville’s neighbouring property and supply the national grid.

Mr Neville, aged 34, bought the entire 18th century farming hamlet, off Tottington Road, five years ago so he could convert in it into a 12-bedroom mansion for himself and wife, Emma.

andrew.greaves@ theboltonnews.co.uk
Last edited by bawbag on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bawbag
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Re: Gary Neville is a Worm

Postby bluej » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 pm

That's brilliant, they've called him a worm and compared him to living in the stone age. Superb (unintentional) journalism.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Whilst I think the man constantly displays the mentality of a 5 year old boy, I am dead against people ribbing anyone for trying to live sustainably. Much like when some numpties on this very site ridiculed him for driving a Prius. This man is a scumbag, there are a million and one other things that people should be having a go at him for other than him trying to do his bit for the environment.

That said, a 12 bedroom mansion seems overtly excessive for a project trying to live within its means.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Nothing new here...

It was zero-carbon when he was living in his tree.
Original Dub

Postby blues-clues » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:37 pm

so he will become a cave dweller

hmmm I wonder what chance there is that City fans will sing

Gary Neville you are shite
and you're a fucking troglodyte!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 pm

He can eat his own re-cycled shit while he's at it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Burt » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:24 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Whilst I think the man constantly displays the mentality of a 5 year old boy, I am dead against people ribbing anyone for trying to live sustainably. Much like when some numpties on this very site ridiculed him for driving a Prius. This man is a scumbag, there are a million and one other things that people should be having a go at him for other than him trying to do his bit for the environment.

That said, a 12 bedroom mansion seems overtly excessive for a project trying to live within its means.

And his string of massive gas guzzling cars must be very suatainable eh?

He's a cunt, always has been and always will be FACT.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:26 pm

I don't know why you're choosing to ignore my entire post but fair point yeah.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:51 am

What a load of shit. If he was so concerned about the environment he wouldn't even be building that in green belt land. He could easily find land elsewhere, but he has to be a little cock, and live inside a hill like a hobbit. I bet Sam was his favourite Hobbit as well, and we all know why. Well reality is Tron, not fucking Lord of The Rings.

It's all a ruse, so he can get his own way and live in Middle Earth in his big mansion in the middle of nowhere where he doesn't get abuse from City fans, and his wife parks up a big fucking BMW 4x4, and his friends and family in their big fucking cars.

Gary, if you want to be eco friendly don't build on a green belt you absolute twat.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby dazby » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:04 am

There are many many things to abuse Gary Neville over. However, this isn't one of them. It would be great if more wealthy people took this approach.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ronk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:36 am

dazby wrote:There are many many things to abuse Gary Neville over. However, this isn't one of them. It would be great if more wealthy people took this approach.

Actually this is a decent example of one reason why people hate the rags and people like Neville: he's building a football mansion in a green belt beside a large house he already owns with 6 wings that's larger than 4 average 2-bedroom apartments so all he has to do is still up a wind turbine, a few solar panels and get a statement from the architects about how the kitchen is the focus of the design (which doesn't lend itself to scaling up) and all of a sudden he should be lauded as a good example for exploiting a (weakly corrupt) loophole in planning regulations to build a huge house he doesn't really need in an unsustainable development.

Pay a few quid for features that no one can hope to repeat on a major scale and suddenly you're a model for sustainable living and we should all be grateful to Gary Neville for saving the fucking world. It's typical rag arrogance and hypocrisy.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Good Times » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:40 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Whilst I think the man constantly displays the mentality of a 5 year old boy, I am dead against people ribbing anyone for trying to live sustainably. Much like when some numpties on this very site ridiculed him for driving a Prius. This man is a scumbag, there are a million and one other things that people should be having a go at him for other than him trying to do his bit for the environment.

Well said, old bean :)
[center]Image[/center]
Good Times
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Return to The Maine Football forum