Segregation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Segregation

Postby s1ty m » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Anyone with tickets near the front for the match tomorrow? I would like to know if we have fans actually near the pitch or is it a case of up in the gods? With 9,000, surely it is, say, 3/4 of one of those meccano stand end things - shitty shitbag shit stadium that it is.

Pisses me off that away fans at our place get so near the pitch, it has to spur the visiting team on. Those bastards last week having the whole end. Vile.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: Segregation

Postby 9secondlegend » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:07 pm

last time i went there was in the fa cup and was sat on the very back row and it was the shittest view ever. i cant remember if we had bottom tier aswell.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Last cup game , the one where Neville got sent off aftr macca wound him up, (omen) it was pretty much the full end top tp bottom. assume tomorrow will be same
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby s1ty m » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:20 pm

johnpb78 wrote:Last cup game , the one where Neville got sent off aftr macca wound him up, (omen) it was pretty much the full end top tp bottom. assume tomorrow will be same

was it john? i can't recall seeing city fans near the pitch at all. i do in that fa cup game when rosler lobber schmeichell. but the sty was smaller than. still shite, but smaller. i really hope we have top to bottom, the noise will be immense.
s1ty m

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:28 pm

s1ty m wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Last cup game , the one where Neville got sent off aftr macca wound him up, (omen) it was pretty much the full end top tp bottom. assume tomorrow will be same

was it john? i can't recall seeing city fans near the pitch at all. i do in that fa cup game when rosler lobber schmeichell. but the sty was smaller than. still shite, but smaller. i really hope we have top to bottom, the noise will be immense.

I was in 2nd tier, near back and dont specifically remember seeing city fans in bottom tier as I couldnt see, but as far as I can remember we had 12,000 tickets, out of a capacity of 60odd k at the time. I'm certain we had both tiers, we must have done as the north stand alone I believe holds 25k. No idea about tomorrow tho.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby s1ty m » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:33 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

I was in 2nd tier, near back and dont specifically remember seeing city fans in bottom tier as I couldnt see, but as far as I can remember we had 12,000 tickets, out of a capacity of 60odd k at the time. I'm certain we had both tiers, we must have done as the north stand alone I believe holds 25k. No idea about tomorrow tho.

i reckon they will city fans into the top tier and into a wedge in that corner where the away fans normally go, that would account for 9k - and, importantly, split the away voice. it's been discussed before on here and i still think we have the away fans location wrong at COMS. too close to the pitch i think, that south stand section.
s1ty m

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:39 pm

s1ty m wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

i reckon they will city fans into the top tier and into a wedge in that corner where the away fans normally go, that would account for 9k - and, importantly, split the away voice. it's been discussed before on here and i still think we have the away fans location wrong at COMS. too close to the pitch i think, that south stand section.

we're getting east stand second tier allocated. The front of that is pretty near the pitch, but not like our South Stand
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum