Liverpool in for Benjani?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Liverpool in for Benjani?!

Postby Somerset Blue » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:45 pm

Just been on SSN - they have apparently made an enquiry.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Liverpool in for Benjani?!

Postby roadkill2487 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:50 pm

I just fell out of my chair.
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Mike J » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:53 pm

lol i bet fernando will be made up about his possible new strike partner!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby simon12 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:54 pm

A busy agent trying to push his stock up?
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:54 pm

Having realised that shite results and unbelieveable selections would not get him out if merseyside anytime soon, Rafa finally arrived at his masterplan.
"Twas Derby day the scores were level,
Then Foe whacked the ball to Neville,
Gary messed up and now knows for sure,
If you feed the Goat then he will score!
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Monkey Butlers
My favourite player is: Cassanova

Postby gillie » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:56 pm

If this is true Scouse must be seriously fucked for cash lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby blues-clues » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:57 pm

is it a part exchange deal for Torres.

They get Benjani and we get Torres plus £15.2m?
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:00 pm

i wish there were some scouse1 fans at my work.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:01 pm

No fucking way am I having that as being true. Some rag at Sky is taking the piss out of Liverpool.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Excellent, I'd be happy if Benji was Rafa's answer to their goal scoring problems!

Oh how the mighty have fallen...
Original Dub

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:04 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:i wish there were some scouse1 fans at my work.

They all seem to have disappeared recently.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:No fucking way am I having that as being true. Some rag at Sky is taking the piss out of Liverpool.

imagine working there?

BREAKING NEWS: SSN Understands United have approached Phil Brown to succeed the sacked Ferguson, with Rooney moving to Leeds in a £300,000 deal.
The Man In Blue

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:06 pm

They're clearly struggling for cash atm. Benji's better than shitters like N'gog & Kuyt.

Side note: Can anyone else believe the prices being quoted for Ryan Babel? What has he ever done? The price of below average players is becoming ridiculous.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:22 pm

Is this true?

If so..............hahahahahahhahaaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Beyond a joke
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:02 am

Hmmmmmm....... and then for him to smash one past the scum and do his finger pointing. Could work out nicely for us all.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:29 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:They're clearly struggling for cash atm. Benji's better than shitters like N'gog & Kuyt.

Side note: Can anyone else believe the prices being quoted for Ryan Babel? What has he ever done? The price of below average players is becoming ridiculous.

This is extremely poor post.

Kuyt, while maybe not human goal machine, is ten times the player Benjani is. Without checking anything, I'd say his strike rate for Liverpool from the wing is miles better than Benjani's for us playing up front.

Babel is quality player who Rafa don't know how to use. Pace, skill and good shot.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:50 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:They're clearly struggling for cash atm. Benji's better than shitters like N'gog & Kuyt.

Kuyt, while maybe not human goal machine, is ten times the player Benjani is. Without checking anything, I'd say his strike rate for Liverpool from the wing is miles better than Benjani's for us playing up front.

Babel is quality player who Rafa don't know how to use. Pace, skill and good shot.

Thought that myself. Kuyt is a quality player. CL standard without a doubt. Every side needs a utility man who will play where ever he is asked to play.

Babel has massive potential, he just wont do it for Liverpool. Benjani has never been anything more than a lower premier league standard player.
ross.mcfc

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:04 am

This has to be a joke, can't see Liverpool taking him to be honest.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:06 am

I agree about Kuyt but Babel is shite. Cant shoot, cant cross, cant pass. He's technically good on the ball but never has an end product. Anyone who spends anything more then 2 million on him has just had their pants pulled down and been buggered by Benitez.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:45 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

I agree about Kuyt but Babel is shite. Cant shoot, cant cross, cant pass. He's technically good on the ball but never has an end product. Anyone who spends anything more then 2 million on him has just had their pants pulled down and been buggered by Benitez.

I repeat, Rafa don't know how to use Babel. He should be used on the wing in 4-3-3. If they had Torres up front, Babel on the left and Kuyt on the right with Gerrard leading the midfield, they would be up there with top 3 (provided of course that they actually had some football defenders). The fact that he is picking likes of Riera over Babel goes to prove Rafa hasn't got a clue. Agree about one thing though, Bavel can't cross the ball to save his life. Then again, same could've been said about SWP at his age but SWP has CONSIDERABLY improved this part of his game in past few years.

People also have to remember that it was Rafa who payed 14m (or something like that) for Babel. Why spend that sort of money on player, who you have no idea how to use.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum