Liverpool in for Benjani?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Liverpool in for Benjani?!

Postby Curlie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:24 am

But sure Benjani is not injured anymore.
Surely Liverpool aren't interested.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Postby ant london » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:28 am

Is there another player called Benjani somewhere?

I mean, the waiter is fucking clueless but....this? Even for him this is lunacy. What a compatible strikeforce that would be.....power, pace, guile, touch and lethal finishing
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Vhero » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:31 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:They're clearly struggling for cash atm. Benji's better than shitters like N'gog & Kuyt.

Side note: Can anyone else believe the prices being quoted for Ryan Babel? What has he ever done? The price of below average players is becoming ridiculous.

This is extremely poor post.

Kuyt, while maybe not human goal machine, is ten times the player Benjani is. Without checking anything, I'd say his strike rate for Liverpool from the wing is miles better than Benjani's for us playing up front.

Babel is quality player who Rafa don't know how to use. Pace, skill and good shot.

Agreed on both players always like Kuyt wouldn't like him here as we got better players and I prefer we look elsewhere unless they are the big players like Torres.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 am

I can strongly recommend Benjani to Liverpool. Match made in heaven.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby ashton287 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:02 am

they've just said west ham are intrested to, WTF
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Wooders » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:33 am

they're getting gudjohnson aren't they? (Hammers)

Anyway, anyone who wants benjani can come and get him in my opinion, I'd rather we blood a youngster like Mak or Ball
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 am

Wooders wrote:they're getting gudjohnson aren't they? (Hammers)

Anyway, anyone who wants benjani can come and get him in my opinion, I'd rather we blood a youngster like Mak or Ball

Just changed the story to Spurs getting Gudjohnson... fucking Harry Redknapp god I hate that cunt.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Wooders » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 am

avoidconfusion wrote:

Just changed the story to Spurs getting Gudjohnson... fucking Harry Redknapp god I hate that cunt.

He's got his fucking gingers fingers in everyones fucking deals hasn't he the old cunt
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:58 am

This surely has to be the most "out there" transfer rumour of all time. Its bigger than Kaka to City.

I mean what the fuck is going on, when of all people, Benjani is touted as the man to solve Liverpool's problems. Sky have got to be on a fucking wind up here, or its a sick leaving present from Rafa for when he fucks off to Juventus.

If there is an ounce of truth in this story, they should do what they should have done when the silly spanish prick started talking about paying £8m for Riera - instant dismissal for gross misconduct, no compensation. For surely not even he could be this fucking stupid.

If I was a liverpool fan and this comes true, I would strangle myself a hundred times, then cut myself into a thousand pieces.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:11 am

avoidconfusion wrote:

Why the fuck is Redknapp after Gudjohnson?? He's got Keane sat on the bench doing nothing, and he's better than Defoe, Crouch, Pav and Gudjohnson imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am

MaseCTID wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

Why the fuck is Redknapp after Gudjohnson?? He's got Keane sat on the bench doing nothing, and he's better than Defoe, Crouch, Pav and Gudjohnson imo.

Right midfield? Maybe Bentley is doing one, its clear Harry don't rate him
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:58 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:They're clearly struggling for cash atm. Benji's better than shitters like N'gog & Kuyt.

Side note: Can anyone else believe the prices being quoted for Ryan Babel? What has he ever done? The price of below average players is becoming ridiculous.

Kuyt, while maybe not human goal machine, is ten times the player Benjani is. Without checking anything, I'd say his strike rate for Liverpool from the wing is miles better than Benjani's for us playing up front.

Babel is quality player who Rafa don't know how to use. Pace, skill and good shot.

Thought that myself. Kuyt is a quality player. CL standard without a doubt. Every side needs a utility man who will play where ever he is asked to play.

Babel has massive potential, he just wont do it for Liverpool. Benjani has never been anything more than a lower premier league standard player.

I've heard this type of thing being said many times, but how many players can you name that have left liverpool "because it just didn't work out for them at that club" and have gone on to better things?

I can't think of one of the top of my head. If you can't make it there, the chances are you won't make it at any top club.
Original Dub

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:02 am

Original Dub wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

Thought that myself. Kuyt is a quality player. CL standard without a doubt. Every side needs a utility man who will play where ever he is asked to play.

Babel has massive potential, he just wont do it for Liverpool. Benjani has never been anything more than a lower premier league standard player.

I've heard this type of thing being said many times, but how many players can you name that have left liverpool "because it just didn't work out for them at that club" and have gone on to better things?

I can't think of one of the top of my head. If you can't make it there, the chances are you won't make it at any top club.

There are many many players who have left Liverpool to go onto better things. Thats their problem in a nutshell, they get rid of players in/before their prime
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dazby » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:05 am

Craig Bellamy? Nicholas Anelka? McPointalot? That spanish striker. There are heaps.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Burt » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:06 am

Original Dub wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

Bellendamy of course mate!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:09 am

If this is true they must really be desperate...
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:14 am

dazby wrote:Craig Bellamy? Nicholas Anelka? McPointalot? That spanish striker. There are heaps.

Heaps?!

Anelka was on loan!
Bellamy can't be said to have gone on to better things when we have never even finished above them!
Either you're talking about Morientes or Luis Garcia.... neither I would say went on to better things.
Macmanaman left them for nothing and they were gutted - things hardly "didn't work out for him"!

That said, I did really mean how many young players they've gotten in over the last ten years that were gonna be the next big thing and it "just didn't work out for" - Cheyrou, sinema-pongolle, Baros, Babel, Diouf, Diao.... HEAPS! I can't think of one player that went on to better things.
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:33 am

Original Dub wrote:
dazby wrote:Craig Bellamy? Nicholas Anelka? McPointalot? That spanish striker. There are heaps.

Heaps?!

Anelka was on loan!
Bellamy can't be said to have gone on to better things when we have never even finished above them!
Either you're talking about Morientes or Luis Garcia.... neither I would say went on to better things.
Macmanaman left them for nothing and they were gutted - things hardly "didn't work out for him"!

That said, I did really mean how many young players they've gotten in over the last ten years that were gonna be the next big thing and it "just didn't work out for" - Cheyrou, sinema-pongolle, Baros, Babel, Diouf, Diao.... HEAPS! I can't think of one player that went on to better things.

They all got the taint of scouse off them so in my books they went onto bigger and better things. Done and dusted. Case closed.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

Dazby, a case that has never been answered in the court of Dub can never be closed.

Who did liverpool buy that it didn't work out for but went on to better things?

Exactly, case now closed.
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:26 pm

But I already answered the question your Dubness, and closed the case. It doesn't work out for anyone to be tainted with scouse. The only solution is to leave.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum