Brazilians in Britain

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brazilians in Britain

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:Alfonso Alves: The worst Brazilian since David Blunkett tried shaving his wife's fanny.

I'd forgotten that joke - it now also works for Jo.

I was watching Liverpool game while back and texting with a Liverpool supporting mate of mine. He send me a cracker (imo).

"Lucas, a living proof that not ALL Brazilians know how to play football".
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:Alfonso Alves: The worst Brazilian since David Blunkett tried shaving his wife's fanny.

I was watching Liverpool game while back and texting with a Liverpool supporting mate of mine. He send me a cracker (imo).

Felipe Melo won the vote as worst signing in Seria A. I thought he looked ok for Brazil but currently seems to be yet another Brazillian Ged Brannan.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Felipe Melo won the vote as worst signing in Seria A. I thought he looked ok for Brazil but currently seems to be yet another Brazillian Ged Brannan.

Come to think of it, how many Italians have enjoyed SUSTAINED success in the Premier League? Zola and Di Matteo were good at Chelsea, but they did also sign Caseraghi (I know his later career was ruined by injury). Considering the standard of their national team and the quality of our top flight you'd think there'd be shit loads. Then again, they do have the best food, the nicest weather and the fittest women as well as a good league of their own.

Bernarno Corradi
Rolando Bianchi
Massimo Taibi
Massimo Maccarone

None of the above tore up any trees (Maccarone was a lucky dodge for us, just like Alves). There's a couple at WHU now and it'll be interesting to see how well they do.

Just remembered Paolo Di Canio and Benito Carbone. Shit - they were quality. That's half ruined my point.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Come to think of it, how many Italians have enjoyed SUSTAINED success in the Premier League? Zola and Di Matteo were good at Chelsea, but they did also sign Caseraghi (I know his later career was ruined by injury). Considering the standard of their national team and the quality of our top flight you'd think there'd be shit loads. Then again, they do have the best food, the nicest weather and the fittest women as well as a good league of their own.

Bernarno Corradi
Rolando Bianchi
Massimo Taibi
Massimo Maccarone

None of the above tore up any trees (Maccarone was a lucky dodge for us, just like Alves). There's a couple at WHU now and it'll be interesting to see how well they do.

Just remembered Paolo Di Canio and Benito Carbone. Shit - they were quality. That's half ruined my point.

The famous baldy at Chelsea who's name escapes me did ok too. Vialli! I think once again it's down to the fact that the best Italians haven't played here apart from late in their careers.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I think, if you look at that list, none of the truly great Brazillians have played here. Robinho is the biggest 'star' to come here but much as I enjoy watching Robbie at his best, he's not even in the 3rd tier of class compared to the real greats. Neither is Kaka for that matter although he's close but more because of his added athleticism than pure raw talent.

The present Brazillian squad is one of the weakest ever skillwise imo but has been formed into a harder working, more physical team than the traditional Brazil by Dunga. The only out & out lazyish 'flair' players are Elano & Robinho. The rest, including Fabiano & Kaka are fairly hard workers, reasonably skilled; but not the traditional ball playing genius types we associate with Brazil.

Ronaldinho was the last truly great Brazil player imo & is still better than Elano or Robbie. I haven't seen any potential greats coming through so far either; talent yes, genius, no but surely they must exist? I hope so, it'll be sad if they've stopped producing worldbeaters.

I dont think Goofy is past it(29) and think they still have a truly great player still playing in him.Wouldn't be suprised to see him at the WC if his form that he is showing again now keeps up.
And in Neymar and Pato I think they might have some potentially great players coming through.
Thats all I wanted to say on the matter cos I get accussed of being more of a Brazil fan than I am of us which is well wide of the mark.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Funny that. He was very good for Fiorentina last season, but he's been poor this term for Juve. I'm not sure if it is him, or the fact Juve is pretty poor on a whole this season, as Diego has looked way below his standards so far too.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I think, if you look at that list, none of the truly great Brazillians have played here. Robinho is the biggest 'star' to come here but much as I enjoy watching Robbie at his best, he's not even in the 3rd tier of class compared to the real greats. Neither is Kaka for that matter although he's close but more because of his added athleticism than pure raw talent.

The present Brazillian squad is one of the weakest ever skillwise imo but has been formed into a harder working, more physical team than the traditional Brazil by Dunga. The only out & out lazyish 'flair' players are Elano & Robinho. The rest, including Fabiano & Kaka are fairly hard workers, reasonably skilled; but not the traditional ball playing genius types we associate with Brazil.

Ronaldinho was the last truly great Brazil player imo & is still better than Elano or Robbie. I haven't seen any potential greats coming through so far either; talent yes, genius, no but surely they must exist? I hope so, it'll be sad if they've stopped producing worldbeaters.

I dont think Goofy is past it(29) and think they still have a truly great player still playing in him.Wouldn't be suprised to see him at the WC if his form that he is showing again now keeps up.
And in Neymar and Pato I think they might have some potentially great players coming through.
Thats all I wanted to say on the matter cos I get accussed of being more of a Brazil fan than I am of us which is well wide of the mark.

I didn't say he's past it, I said he's better than Elano & Robinho. Due to his lazy arsed, drunken, fat, period of recent years he's lost a couple of yards of pace & a little sharpness from the great player he was at Barca & even though he's fitter now than for a long time, he'll never be quite the same. Still dangerous though & one of the most talented players in the world.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum