Time to be gracious

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Time to be gracious

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:12 pm

its all we can be, we put up a fantastic battle and were beaten in stoppage time.

that is what a winning mentality will bring us, we dont have that yet, but we are on our way. We are noisy neighbours and we need to continue to be noisy. 4th place and the fa cup please.

I am a very proud blue,

COME ON CITY
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Time to be gracious

Postby viking the Odd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Yep,better team won overall, we played shit second half.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Wonderwall wrote:its all we can be, we put up a fantastic battle and were beaten in stoppage time.

that is what a winning mentality will bring us, we dont have that yet, but we are on our way. We are noisy neighbours and we need to continue to be noisy. 4th place and the fa cup please.

I am a very proud blue,

COME ON CITY

As I said in the match thread, the only thing not sitting well with me, is that we should've burried them at home. We were the stronger team (in my biassed opinion), and could (and should) have killed them off already at Eastlands.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Here here. We didnt deserve it over two games.

Move on.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Wonderwall wrote:its all we can be, we put up a fantastic battle and were beaten in stoppage time.

I am a very proud blue,

COME ON CITY

2nd and the FA Cup. Why only aim for 4th? We have got to play Liverpool, the filth, Villa and spuds at home. I think second place is feasible.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby viking the Odd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 pm

mr_nool wrote:

I am a very proud blue,

COME ON CITY

As I said in the match thread, the only thing not sitting well with me, is that we should've burried them at home. We were the stronger team (in my biassed opinion), and could (and should) have killed them off already at Eastlands.

Italian tactics for you, not so clever now though.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Mr Miyagi » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 pm

mr_nool wrote:
As I said in the match thread, the only thing not sitting well with me, is that we should've burried them at home.

We should have buried them in the first half tonight when we were on top. They were never going to come out second half and play badly a gain.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Redna » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 pm

SWP should have been taken of at the interval. Love City hate the M*nich bastards. I'm so f*cking fed up with the biased commentators here in Sweden. Well at 68 there is much past and little future.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Mike J » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 pm

cant argue this time. im fucking gutted but if you dont concentrate for 90mins plus injury that happens. sadly thats why they win the amount they do. they dont want a draw, they want the win.

gonna take a while to get over this one.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 pm

viking the Odd wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I am a very proud blue,

COME ON CITY

Better than what others could have done though, considering who was available for the first leg.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:19 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
viking the Odd wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I am a very proud blue,

COME ON CITY

Better than what others could have done though, considering who was available for the first leg.

Roberto hadn't had the opportunity to test our players against a though oponent before the first leg either. I think he underestimated them a bit, which I can't blame him for, considering the lacklustre performance against Everton.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:19 pm

mr_nool wrote:

I am a very proud blue,

COME ON CITY

I guess that's it. We lost the tie with the home result. Should have finished it in the first leg but it didn't happen and I never had the confidence that we can get a result at the swamp.
Tevez lifted my spirit for a while and Ade could/should have won it for us but alas it was not meant to be.
I guess we'll have to settle for the FA Cup !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:20 pm

viking the Odd wrote:Yep,better team won overall, we played shit second half.

closet red??

i'm sorry but i think we both were equals on that pitch tonight. A bit of luck is all thats separated us.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:21 pm

we need to grow as a squad and learn as a squad. at the moment we are in the infants and we played the college boys today! however, we are now at school and its just a matter of time.
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Blue Blood wrote:

closet red??

i'm sorry but i think we both were equals on that pitch tonight. A bit of luck is all thats separated us.

sorry mate but I agree with the "closet red"
Wonderwall

Postby viking the Odd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Blue Blood wrote:

closet red??

My freind you can't go on moaning about luck or lack of it,you make your own luck.
Last edited by viking the Odd on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby 13021J » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Yes lets admit it they were clinical with their chances and we were sloppy defensively.

The tide is turning and we are getting better.

It hurts like hell but we need to be big about this defeat and move on to sunday.

COME ON CITY!
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:23 pm

I agree Wonderwall. I havent read any comments tonight. You can have a go at defence for the third goal but whats the point? Just gone for a fag in the rain, had a think. Can't criticise the team. Wont read the papers tomorrow because all balance will be thrown out of the window, having been momentarily equal in the run-up. It hurts but they've won their cup final! they've stopped us getting there! they wouldn't have given a fuck if it were Blackburn they were playing but there you go. It meant far far more to us and they know it, but like a dinosaur in its final moments they are dangerous, and they clawed us tonight. Fucked off, but we all love this club and must look at the future now.
Home v Portsmouth, re-group and get a win...COME ON CITY
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Wooders » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:24 pm

fuck off with the closet red stuff lads - they missed a lot more chances and it could have been a lot worse, we played well but overall they created better chances throughout the game, we didn't, end of.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby King Kev » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:24 pm

WTF????

Please don't anybody ever talk to me about poor timing of threads again!

We got kicked off the fucking park and we are supposed to be gracious? I don't fucking think so!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum