Breaking SSN Adam Johnson bid...& Moses news

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Breaking SSN Adam Johnson bid...& Moses news

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Can't we jsut offer him a contract now and he joins when his current one at Boro runs out?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:47 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Can't we jsut offer him a contract now and he joins when his current one at Boro runs out?

I think us making a bid now has alot to do with Chelsea sniffing around him. If they went for him in the summer, they could match our wage offer no probs if he were free.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Can't we jsut offer him a contract now and he joins when his current one at Boro runs out?

Unfortunately no. FA rules prevent pre-contract deals for player in another English club.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Unfortunately no. FA rules prevent pre-contract deals for player in another English club.

I didn't realise that. Is that a new rule? I swear english clubs have done it before.
Blue Blood

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Blue Blood wrote:

I didn't realise that. Is that a new rule? I swear english clubs have done it before.

Nope, I believe it's been like that since the introduction of Bosman transfers. Foreign club could pre-contract deal with English player and we could pre-contract deal for a player in foreign league but doing pre-contract deal with player on another club in England is strict no go.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Blue Blood wrote:

Nope, I believe it's been like that since the introduction of Bosman transfers. Foreign club could pre-contract deal with English player and we could pre-contract deal for a player in foreign league but doing pre-contract deal with player on another club in England is strict no go.

Right you are mate.

I think its a good rule too TBF
Original Dub

Postby DunneyMonster » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Just seen on SSN

Adam Johnson wants to talk to City about move
DunneyMonster
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!

Postby irblinx » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:32 pm

DunneyMonster wrote:Just seen on SSN

Next Strachan interview should be good value :o)
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mike J » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:33 pm

would be happy with this. he is a bloody good player to be fair. he aint no buster phillips though.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Sky Sports News understands Middlesbrough's Adam Johnson wants the chance to speak with Manchester City.

Reports on Thursday suggested the Blues had lodged an official bid for the former England U21 international, with Boro boss Gordon Strachan confirming that approaches for the winger had been received.

Johnson has become a much sought-after possession during the January transfer window, following a number of eye-catching displays for Boro this term.

He has been the North East club's star performer this season, in an otherwise disappointing campaign for the Teessiders.

Middlesbrough are, therefore, determined to retain Johnson's services, with Strachan admitting that he remains optimistic regarding the club's chances of keeping the youngster on board until at least the summer.

However, the 22-year-old playmaker may take the decision out of Boro's hands by actively pursuing a switch.

It is understood he has requested an opportunity to speak with Premier League giants City, intrigued as to what the Blues have to say.

Should Johnson decide he wants out, City would have no problem meeting the financial demands of Boro.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Sky Sports News understands Middlesbrough's Adam Johnson wants the chance to speak with Manchester City.

Reports on Thursday suggested the Blues had lodged an official bid for the former England U21 international, with Boro boss Gordon Strachan confirming that approaches for the winger had been received.

Johnson has become a much sought-after possession during the January transfer window, following a number of eye-catching displays for Boro this term.

He has been the North East club's star performer this season, in an otherwise disappointing campaign for the Teessiders.

Middlesbrough are, therefore, determined to retain Johnson's services, with Strachan admitting that he remains optimistic regarding the club's chances of keeping the youngster on board until at least the summer.

However, the 22-year-old playmaker may take the decision out of Boro's hands by actively pursuing a switch.

It is understood he has requested an opportunity to speak with Premier League giants City, intrigued as to what the Blues have to say.

Should Johnson decide he wants out, City would have no problem meeting the financial demands of Boro.

Sky sports / Murdoch finally worked out where the future lies ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Good news this guy has a lot of potencial, and at the right club he could develop into a star.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Good lad.

If your reading the forums Johnno, sign for us. Now that robbie has gone and with Petrov looking likely to go in the summer, the left flank is there for the taking. You'll get in the england squad if you play for us too, no worries.
Blue Blood

Postby irblinx » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Blue Blood wrote:

Good lad.

If your reading the forums Johnno, sign for us. Now that robbie has gone and with Petrov looking likely to go in the summer, the left flank is there for the taking. You'll get in the england squad if you play for us too, no worries.

Whilst I like your motives, how often have you seen Petrov and Robbie playing on the left wing for us this season? If he comes he's up against Bellers, probably guarantees him half a seasons worth of injury cover though
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
xavi6 wrote:Johnson is a crackin player. Definitely worth signing.

Great player. Would slot right in here.

If he is so fucking good why aint no1 else after him and why is he in division 1 like this other guy who i have never heard of from the main post?

Championship actually. Do you live under a rock??

Must do if he is not aware that we have been linked with Moses for months and that we have had representatives watching him several times - it is not a secret
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby AlpsMaster » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:16 pm

I really hope these signings will work out.

Securing the stars of the future is definitely the way to go.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby psut1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Evev if he is out of contract in the summer we will still have to pay a fee due to his age ala sturridge
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Don't Chelsea have that hearing some time soon? So they have to sign Johnson now if anytime don't they?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:16 pm

I really like it when a player comes out and says they'd like to speak to City. :-)
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Blueboylewis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:18 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:I really like it when a player comes out and says they'd like to speak to City. :-)

And i loved it even more when ssn used the quote "premier league Giants Manchester City!"

I have a feeling we will tie down this deal for Johnson this transfer window. Doesnt look like we are in moses though.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum