Zabba

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Zabba

Postby irblinx » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 am

Is it just me or is Left Back his best position? Was quality when Gaz went off and he seems less inclined to dive in when playing on the left for some reason
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: Zabba

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:15 am

I dunno but most of my nervy problems came in that left hand side of the defence last night. Altho some of the pinpoint crossfield balls knocked into the man on that right hand mune flank were unplayable defensively. Bang on accurate and controlled well. Most full backs would have struggled. Get too tight and you'd get skinned. Stand off and there was time and soon to play a ball into the danger areas. A tough job last night. The scum had every single thing run bobble and break for them last night tho. Barstewards
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:43 am

Don't agree left back for Zabba.I still think it's right back but even there I don't think he quite has what it takes at the top level.
Weird how last night that 2 of the goals came from the right as did the cross for Fletcher which brought Given's best save.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mike J » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:24 am

personally i just dont think he is a very good player at all. just my opinion though.

i think he offers very little to the team. starting him and de jong together last night was plain silly.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Crossie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:33 am

I like Zabba, but agreed also, im starting to think he doesnt offer us much.

He is like a Dickov for defence. Lots of running and effort, a good hard lad, maybe needed when we use to have to battle against teams to get a result, but now we are playing them at their own game, I think we need someone who offers more all round.

Oh and he does that REALLY annoying thing, when he starts to sprint, he puts his head down for the first 4 strides, WHENEVER you see that it means that player has NO PACE! It's true in Zabbas case too.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:37 am

I like him because he gets stuck in and youd want him in your squad. Hes a character. Would Mancini see him long term as a first choice fullback or midfielder? no IMO, but if willing to support the cause over a season as a squad player hes well worth keeping hold of.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:55 pm

He is the new improved version of Sun Jihai. Works himself into the ground for the cause and can do a job in various positions in an emergency but isn't good enough to get into the team anywhere when we've got a full squad to choose from. As long as he is happy at City I'd be pleased for us to keep him.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Return to The Maine Football forum