Portsmouth - website

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Portsmouth - website

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:29 pm

MaseCTID wrote:I feel a bit sorry for them now, but come Sunday when their fans are giving it "You're the shit of Manchester" I'll be happy to see them go!

All 6 that will turn up.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:40 pm

edge275 wrote:
Mike J wrote:no sympathy, sounds like a load of dodgy fuckers were allowed to run the club. 'arry surely needs to take some of the blame offering ludicrous amounts to players went they didnt have the funds.

hope we absolutely batter them on sunday. however we will probably lineup with 3 defensive midfielders :(

How is it Harry's fault? He doesn't sanction the cheques or look after the finances.

Lets have a look see

Harry Redknapp....Former Porstmouth manager....Charged with defrauding the public revenue 2010

Milan Mandaric....Former Portsmouth Chairman....Charged with defrauding the public revenue 2010

Peter Storrie....Current Porstmouth Chief Executive....Charged with defrauding the public revenue 2009

No...all of these chaps are sound upstanding individuals.

The club has less stadium capacity was living well beyond its means. Who's to blame? The manager CE & Chairman for bringing in players for more than they could realistically afford.

Harry jumped ship....he knew what was coming
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby edge275 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Mike J wrote:no sympathy, sounds like a load of dodgy fuckers were allowed to run the club. 'arry surely needs to take some of the blame offering ludicrous amounts to players went they didnt have the funds.

hope we absolutely batter them on sunday. however we will probably lineup with 3 defensive midfielders :(

How is it Harry's fault? He doesn't sanction the cheques or look after the finances.

Lets have a look see

Harry Redknapp....Former Porstmouth manager....Charged with defrauding the public revenue 2010

Milan Mandaric....Former Portsmouth Chairman....Charged with defrauding the public revenue 2010

Peter Storrie....Current Porstmouth Chief Executive....Charged with defrauding the public revenue 2009

The club has less stadium capacity was living well beyond its means. Who's to blame? The manager CE & Chairman for bringing in players for more than they could realistically afford.

You can blame the others but it ain't Harry's fault.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Right Edge....like Mandaric and Storrie just knew who to buy and fit in harry's team?

don't be a buffoon.

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:49 pm

edge275 wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Lets have a look see

He only looked after SOME of the finances - the bits that were paid directly into a specially opened account in Monaco!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:56 pm

john@staustell wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Lets have a look see

He only looked after SOME of the finances - the bits that were paid directly into a specially opened account in Monaco!

Allegedly

Manx Blue

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Manx Blue wrote:[quote="john@staustell"

Allegedly[/quote]

I nearly added 'allegedly' mate but I recall from the investigating journo on TV that the issue of the fact of the Monaco bank account is not in dispute. Mandaric said the sum was a personal gift to a friend, nothing to do with footie, Dodgy 'Arry said it was above board and due 5% of the fee for something or other and they'd 'forgotten to put it on his payslip' and Peter Storrie (in charge of the clubs finance at the time) said he knew nothing about it at all.

Pick the bones out of that!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby walmai » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Having had the 'benefit' of a trip to Fratton this week, I can safely report that the ground appears hardly to have changed in the last 20 or so years (the date of my last trip down there). OK, there are seats in each stand, but the ground looks from inside and out that a strong wind could blow it straight down!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Oh - and the Monaco account was opened specially to deal with this club 'pay error'.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:04 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Allegedly

I nearly added 'allegedly' mate but I recall from the investigating journo on TV that the issue of the fact of the Monaco bank account is not in dispute. Mandaric said the sum was a personal gift to a friend, nothing to do with footie, Dodgy 'Arry said it was above board and due 5% of the fee for something or other and they'd 'forgotten to put it on his payslip' and Peter Storrie (in charge of the clubs finance at the time) said he knew nothing about it at all.

Pick the bones out of that![/quote]

I'm not disagreeing with what you've said...but in case of prying eyes, it's always good to have an allegedly snuck in there just in case.

Manx Blue

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Allegedly

Pick the bones out of that!

I'm not disagreeing with what you've said...but in case of prying eyes, it's always good to have an allegedly snuck in there just in case.[/quote]

........................allegedly!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby King Kev » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:46 pm

I don't understand this, I'm sure I read a few years back that it doesn't cost any money to run a website?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby cdncityfan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:03 pm

What is even more difficult to understand is that despite having a thread about this topic, Portsmouth's website IS UP AND OPERATIONAL.
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby gillie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:52 pm

cdncityfan wrote:What is even more difficult to understand is that despite having a thread about this topic, Portsmouth's website IS UP AND OPERATIONAL.

Pompey supporters trust paid the bill mate it was on page 1 of this thread lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:56 pm

They have enough adverts on their front page to bring in the cash to bid for Messi!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Somerset Blue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm almost going to feel guilty when we beat them on Sunday. Almost.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blueboylewis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:15 pm

I am going to love beating them on sunday!
Cant wait to be honest!

An also, At least there site is back up and running now. Just checked :)
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Guy Debord » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:55 pm

I hope we beat them, but I hope we show a bit of class. What's happening to them is tragic. We're the lucky ones. That could've been us.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby gillie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Guy Debord wrote:I hope we beat them, but I hope we show a bit of class. What's happening to them is tragic. We're the lucky ones. That could've been us.

So very true mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ronk » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:43 am

gillie wrote:
Guy Debord wrote:I hope we beat them, but I hope we show a bit of class. What's happening to them is tragic. We're the lucky ones. That could've been us.

So very true mate.

Agree (we also can't guarantee that this won't be happening to us down the road).

People remember though that Portsmouth were very aggressive towards us when they had money. They raided our squad and we can be fairly sure they didn't go through official channels. They broke the back of our squad by unsettling Distin, Cole (Vassell scored about half his goals for us in their year together) and James. We also had to fight hard to keep hold of other players. Pearce never really recovered.

They didn't hesitate to put the boot into us on or off the pitch and at one point it seemed that Harry Redknapp was waging a one man PR war against us. They were happy enough to do to us what's happening to them now.

Despite mostly focusing on high-wage low-fee players they still spent a fair wedge in the transfer market. They must have been paying huge, huge money behind the scenes.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum