Petrov..what does he have to do

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Petrov..what does he have to do

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:38 am

The guy is a shithouse who turns up away from home less than Robinho. A good decision to leave hime well away from the action at The Swamp. It needed strong hearts and minds not Petrov,
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:16 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Oh that's right, I forgot every player on the park has to throw themselves into tackles. Whatever happened to creating chances and scoring goals?

mate you know i love you, but that match was like a fuclin kickfest, and to have a passenger who wouldn't make a move for 50/50 balls let alone those with less of a chance would have been suicide imho.

i don't think the lineup was wrong...we created some chances, and just didn't win. we had enough on the pitch to win that match i believe.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nige » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:07 am

................. very straight forward really. Any two of these to start with.

head the ball
tackle
track back on more than 50% of occasions - this has been better recently.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Good Times » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:44 am

Mancio has to sort our flanks out.
[center]Image[/center]
Good Times
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Grob » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:37 pm

Petrov is one of the clubs best attacking players.

First things first, sort him out with a new 1 or 2 year contract.

Secondly, get him starting on the left wing. Not the right wing. Change it round if he's not producing on the left, but to continually start him on the right wasnt working.

In regards to Wednesday, I would have had him on before Ireland. The whole mentality was wrong, we had to go behind in the tie before we tried to win it again. It was Mark Hughes style management. Once United were firmly on top after HT, I would have had Garrido off, Zabs to LB, Petrov on the left and Craig up top with Tevez. Change it round, give them something else to worry about. We needed to carry and attacking threat, United were comfrortable apart from one moment of Tevez magic in containing us.

I can handle a defeat if you go out there trying to win. Its when we go out there trying not to lose that getting beat winds me up.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby horlock2000 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:41 pm

IMO i would not have Petrov in any side in teh premier league as he is more suited to the spanish or italian leagues where u dont have people flying in at you. Nice left foot but you can tell if hes gonna have a good game within 10 minutes of the start. If he gets clattered early doors...NOT INTERESTED FOR THE FOLLOWING 80 MINS. I reckon there are female footballers he would be intimidated by lol.
horlock2000
Robinho's Step Over

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum