Ireland and the derby.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ireland and the derby.

Postby Vhero » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:45 pm

Avoided the site a couple of days to vent really after the match as I was massively disappointed but I have to come out and say it. Bringing Ireland on was the game changer for us. Our midfield fell apart as soon as he came on. Most will disagree but we were torn apart by them after he came on. Before he came on we played really well and this has been the case pretty much all season. I dunno what's up with him this season and I cannot blame 1 man for losing the match but it was a really bad call from Mancini to bring him on but he took a risk and it didn't pay off. A lot of people will probably slate me for this thread as their up Irelands arse but I don't give a shit. Ireland has been sucking on Kyrptonite all fucking season and needs to get his fucking head sorted. He is a shadow of the player we saw last season and is costing us big time.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Re: Ireland and the derby.

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:16 pm

I think thats harsh, ireland came on and the system didnt change he was playing defensive midfeild not behind tevez where i would of liked him.

We then brought Ade on and had no Rw and we were all over the shop meaning ireland had to cover the right wing too. I think he did as well as expected given the circumstances
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Vhero wrote:Avoided the site a couple of days to vent really after the match as I was massively disappointed but I have to come out and say it. Bringing Ireland on was the game changer for us. Our midfield fell apart as soon as he came on. Most will disagree but we were torn apart by them after he came on. Before he came on we played really well and this has been the case pretty much all season. I dunno what's up with him this season and I cannot blame 1 man for losing the match but it was a really bad call from Mancini to bring him on but he took a risk and it didn't pay off. A lot of people will probably slate me for this thread as their up Irelands arse but I don't give a shit. Ireland has been sucking on Kyrptonite all fucking season and needs to get his fucking head sorted. He is a shadow of the player we saw last season and is costing us big time.

So who are you blaming? And for what?

To be fair I think Ireland's much more of a play-dictator (as in, from kick-off) than a game-changer and so not much use on the bench.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:21 pm

we were getting dicked from the 47 minutes onwards. Nothing to do with the subsitution. United went up a few gears and we couldn't match them. Simple as.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Mike J » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Vhero wrote:Avoided the site a couple of days to vent really after the match as I was massively disappointed but I have to come out and say it. Bringing Ireland on was the game changer for us. Our midfield fell apart as soon as he came on. Most will disagree but we were torn apart by them after he came on. Before he came on we played really well and this has been the case pretty much all season. I dunno what's up with him this season and I cannot blame 1 man for losing the match but it was a really bad call from Mancini to bring him on but he took a risk and it didn't pay off. A lot of people will probably slate me for this thread as their up Irelands arse but I don't give a shit. Ireland has been sucking on Kyrptonite all fucking season and needs to get his fucking head sorted. He is a shadow of the player we saw last season and is costing us big time.

you seem to have had a problem with irleand for quite a while now, even when he was in spectacular form.

yes he has been worse this year. niggling injuries and being played out of position arent helping the lad. briniging him on the other night was exactly the right thing to do as we had to try and go for it. but utd absolutely dominated that midfield so it was going to be hard for anyone to come on and change it.

'costing us big time'

wtf are you on about, the lad hasnt been given a chance of late and he has been injured.

take a look of the inch perfect pass to neds against scunnie. that shows what he is capable of.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Mike J wrote:

you seem to have had a problem with irleand for quite a while now, even when he was in spectacular form.

yes he has been worse this year. niggling injuries and being played out of position arent helping the lad. briniging him on the other night was exactly the right thing to do as we had to try and go for it. but utd absolutely dominated that midfield so it was going to be hard for anyone to come on and change it.

'costing us big time'

wtf are you on about, the lad hasnt been given a chance of late and he has been injured.

take a look of the inch perfect pass to neds against scunnie. that shows what he is capable of.

I think everyone on this board knows Vhero has a problem with Ireland. He always has done for some reason.

He's not having a great season because of injuries and form, but he still has a couple of goals and assists (funny, you never gave out about Robinho?!)So, no Ireland didn't cost us the derby. Crawl back under your rock until we need streams...

Or what is you say in every other debate thread - "Can we move on now?"
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:10 pm

SWP was shagged out when he went off & the only real choice was between Ireland & Petrov. I don't think it needs me to point out how much of a gamble it would have been to bring on Petrov at that point.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:16 pm

I can't remember Ireland ever having a good game against the filth, so he is due a fucking stormer at ours in April. But he does play well against just about everybody else. I've got a lot of time for the lad, the way he plays and the way he conducts himself.

Like many at the club at the moment, he is getting back to fitness and needs time on the field.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:20 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I can't remember Ireland ever having a good game against the filth

I thought this myself the other day, isn't he a self confessed RAG aswell?
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:I can't remember Ireland ever having a good game against the filth

I thought this myself the other day, isn't he a self confessed rag aswell?

I was trying not to draw that conclusion. I like Stevie.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

Yeah mate, he followed United as a kid.

I remember him having a cracking game against the scum a couple of season ago - Fowler scored one or two I think? Ireland was great that day.
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:25 pm

My life has turned around since I started listening to Vhero. Really, it has.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Vhero » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mike J wrote:

'costing us big time'

I think everyone on this board knows Vhero has a problem with Ireland. He always has done for some reason.

He's not having a great season because of injuries and form, but he still has a couple of goals and assists (funny, you never gave out about Robinho?!)So, no Ireland didn't cost us the derby. Crawl back under your rock until we need streams...

Or what is you say in every other debate thread - "Can we move on now?"

Bite me if that's all you think I'm good for you can kiss my arse as your opinion is not valid to me. I havn't always had a problem with the guy at all. My problem is the fact he had 1 good season after a bad start and everybody starts calling him superman and gets up his arse. Now he's gone back to his old shitty form people are making excuses for the guy like played out of position and coming back from injury etc.. I am fucking sick of reading it TBH. There is fuck all wrong with him that injury was months ago now GET OVER THAT. He is a 1 season wonder and sure he's homegrown but people need to stop wanking over Ireland and face the fact he ain't gonna be able to match last seasons form. Which to be fair if it was THAT great he would have been in the FIFA top 50 last year which he clearly wasn't.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:

Yeah mate, he followed U***d as a kid.

I remember him having a cracking game against the scum a couple of season ago
- Fowler scored one or two I think? Ireland was great that day.

Excellent. I missed that game, as I recall, cos of work. It was a bit back though - it's more than two seasons since Fowler went - so it's definitely time for him to put them fuckers to the sword again. Come on, Stevie lad.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:

I remember him having a cracking game against the scum a couple of season ago - Fowler scored one or two I think? Ireland was great that day.

Yes he was. Thought he was great on the day of the Munich celebrations too.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mike J » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Vhero wrote:Bite me if that's all you think I'm good for you can kiss my arse as your opinion is not valid to me. I havn't always had a problem with the guy at all. My problem is the fact he had 1 good season after a bad start and everybody starts calling him superman and gets up his arse. Now he's gone back to his old shitty form people are making excuses for the guy like played out of position and coming back from injury etc.. I am fucking sick of reading it TBH. There is fuck all wrong with him that injury was months ago now GET OVER THAT. He is a 1 season wonder and sure he's homegrown but people need to stop wanking over Ireland and face the fact he ain't gonna be able to match last seasons form. Which to be fair if it was THAT great he would have been in the FIFA top 50 last year which he clearly wasn't.

well fuck me, you dont half talk some bollocks. you CLEARLY have a problem with the guy. has he got a better hair cut than you or something?

shitty old form?? he is a fucking young man who is still learning the game. How can you say he's not had an injury recently?? the scunthorpe game was his first one back, why do you think he was taken off after 60 odd mins (i'll give you a clue, it wasnt because he had a shit game).

you are saying this about an excellent young player when you still have that con artist in your signature.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:

I thought this myself the other day, isn't he a self confessed rag aswell?

I was trying not to draw that conclusion. I like Stevie.

I'm just being controversial mate. seems like the 'in thing' for today.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby The Foggy Blue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:

Also played a stormer in the Munich game. No one seems to remember that.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Ireland never has done anything in a Derby game, and has gone backwards this season.

Sad, but true. Maybe he's moping after the loss of Hughes who he seemed to love so much. Either way on present form he really is struggling to make the first 11 which is amazing given his general contribution last season.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:05 pm

The Foggy Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:

Also played a stormer in the Munich game. No one seems to remember that.

I did, 3 posts above this one.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum