Ireland and the derby.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ireland and the derby.

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Vhero wrote:Avoided the site a couple of days to vent really after the match as I was massively disappointed but I have to come out and say it. Bringing Ireland on was the game changer for us. Our midfield fell apart as soon as he came on. Most will disagree but we were torn apart by them after he came on. Before he came on we played really well and this has been the case pretty much all season. I dunno what's up with him this season and I cannot blame 1 man for losing the match but it was a really bad call from Mancini to bring him on but he took a risk and it didn't pay off. A lot of people will probably slate me for this thread as their up Irelands arse but I don't give a shit. Ireland has been sucking on Kyrptonite all fucking season and needs to get his fucking head sorted. He is a shadow of the player we saw last season and is costing us big time.

you seem to have had a problem with irleand for quite a while now, even when he was in spectacular form.

yes he has been worse this year. niggling injuries and being played out of position arent helping the lad. briniging him on the other night was exactly the right thing to do as we had to try and go for it. but utd absolutely dominated that midfield so it was going to be hard for anyone to come on and change it.

'costing us big time'

wtf are you on about, the lad hasnt been given a chance of late and he has been injured.

take a look of the inch perfect pass to neds against scunnie. that shows what he is capable of.

I think everyone on this board knows Vhero has a problem with Ireland. He always has done for some reason.

He's not having a great season because of injuries and form, but he still has a couple of goals and assists (funny, you never gave out about Robinho?!)So, no Ireland didn't cost us the derby. Crawl back under your rock until we need streams...

Or what is you say in every other debate thread - "Can we move on now?"

Bite me if that's all you think I'm good for you can kiss my arse as your opinion is not valid to me. I havn't always had a problem with the guy at all. My problem is the fact he had 1 good season after a bad start and everybody starts calling him superman and gets up his arse. Now he's gone back to his old shitty form people are making excuses for the guy like played out of position and coming back from injury etc.. I am fucking sick of reading it TBH. There is fuck all wrong with him that injury was months ago now GET OVER THAT. He is a 1 season wonder and sure he's homegrown but people need to stop wanking over Ireland and face the fact he ain't gonna be able to match last seasons form. Which to be fair if it was THAT great he would have been in the FIFA top 50 last year which he clearly wasn't.

sorry for the "under the rock" comment, I just wanted to draw out your true feelings about Stevie Ireland.

Thanks for obliging. Of course you don't have a problem with him... a LOT of anger there towards a player that has given more to the team than Robinho, who you would never have had a bad word said about.

Hypocrite.
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Vhero, do you think we should sell him?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby zuricity » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:25 pm

In spite of Irelands 'apparent' loss of form. (Sure he hasn't been playing well for sometime). I was surprised to see that Barry
started. I'm sorry, I would rather try Ireland right now than Barry, he was easily overrun by two old players (Scholes and Giggs) and simply is not stamping his authority on midfield. His form has improved a little since Mancini came in , but he still is a major disappointment for me so far. Of course , if Ireland is on the bench , he ain't playing ! so it's a difficult call, but I for one would like to see Barry up his game, more so than Ireland right now.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Vhero wrote:Avoided the site a couple of days to vent really after the match as I was massively disappointed but I have to come out and say it. Bringing Ireland on was the game changer for us. Our midfield fell apart as soon as he came on. Most will disagree but we were torn apart by them after he came on. Before he came on we played really well and this has been the case pretty much all season. I dunno what's up with him this season and I cannot blame 1 man for losing the match but it was a really bad call from Mancini to bring him on but he took a risk and it didn't pay off. A lot of people will probably slate me for this thread as their up Irelands arse but I don't give a shit. Ireland has been sucking on Kyrptonite all fucking season and needs to get his fucking head sorted. He is a shadow of the player we saw last season and is costing us big time.

you seem to have had a problem with irleand for quite a while now, even when he was in spectacular form.

yes he has been worse this year. niggling injuries and being played out of position arent helping the lad. briniging him on the other night was exactly the right thing to do as we had to try and go for it. but utd absolutely dominated that midfield so it was going to be hard for anyone to come on and change it.

'costing us big time'

wtf are you on about, the lad hasnt been given a chance of late and he has been injured.

take a look of the inch perfect pass to neds against scunnie. that shows what he is capable of.

I think everyone on this board knows Vhero has a problem with Ireland. He always has done for some reason.

He's not having a great season because of injuries and form, but he still has a couple of goals and assists (funny, you never gave out about Robinho?!)So, no Ireland didn't cost us the derby. Crawl back under your rock until we need streams...

Or what is you say in every other debate thread - "Can we move on now?"

Bite me if that's all you think I'm good for you can kiss my arse as your opinion is not valid to me. I havn't always had a problem with the guy at all. My problem is the fact he had 1 good season after a bad start and everybody starts calling him superman and gets up his arse. Now he's gone back to his old shitty form people are making excuses for the guy like played out of position and coming back from injury etc.. I am fucking sick of reading it TBH. There is fuck all wrong with him that injury was months ago now GET OVER THAT. He is a 1 season wonder and sure he's homegrown but people need to stop wanking over Ireland and face the fact he ain't gonna be able to match last seasons form. Which to be fair if it was THAT great he would have been in the FIFA top 50 last year which he clearly wasn't.

Didn't he set up both of Elano's goals and win man of the match in the 3-1 defeat of West Ham in his first appearance last season? Not such a bad start.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:32 pm

zuricity wrote:In spite of Irelands 'apparent' loss of form. (Sure he hasn't been playing well for sometime). I was surprised to see that Barry
started. I'm sorry, I would rather try Ireland right now than Barry, he was easily overrun by two old players (Scholes and Giggs) and simply is not stamping his authority on midfield. His form has improved a little since Mancini came in , but he still is a major disappointment for me so far. Of course , if Ireland is on the bench , he ain't playing ! so it's a difficult call, but I for one would like to see Barry up his game, more so than Ireland right now.

I don't think Barry's been right since he picked up that niggling injury. He's not the quickest to start with. I recon he's only been fully fit for a few games right at the start of the season & he should be allowed to have an op if he needs it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zuricity » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
zuricity wrote:In spite of Irelands 'apparent' loss of form. (Sure he hasn't been playing well for sometime). I was surprised to see that Barry

I don't think Barry's been right since he picked up that niggling injury. He's not the quickest to start with. I recon he's only been fully fit for a few games right at the start of the season & he should be allowed to have an op if he needs it.

Could be, but we can't say on the one hand excuse Barry if not fit, but don't give Ireland time to come back from injury, or Robinho for that matter. If he isn't fit he shouldn't play. It's a higher level in the derby and everyone should be 100%. It's not as if Barry makes the killer pass like Ireland ( or Elano for that matter). If we can take almot nine months to let RSC get fit and Lescott, and bridge and so on , we can do that for Barry. He's not bringing mom performances like for example De Jong, or Teves.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby The Foggy Blue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
The Foggy Blue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:I can't remember Ireland ever having a good game against the filth

I thought this myself the other day, isn't he a self confessed RAG aswell?

Yeah mate, he followed U***d as a kid.

I remember him having a cracking game against the scum a couple of season ago - Fowler scored one or two I think? Ireland was great that day.

Also played a stormer in the Munich game. No one seems to remember that.

I did, 3 posts above this one.

Mr Ted - noted...

Cheers
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Gloryhunter123 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Good squad player to have on the bench
Gloryhunter123
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Sparky haters !
My favourite player is: Swp

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:49 pm

So Vhero, you have your little tantrum and then disappear is that it?

Here's a tip, don't start a thread about a player everyone knows you have a dislike for and when its pointed out you have a dislike for him, have one of your dummy spitting incidents that you have to later apologise for.

The player has been below form and has had a serious of very real injuries and very real sicknesses. You are not only accuing us fans of making his injuries up, you are also accusing the club physios and doctors and actually the club as a whole.

Yet you stick up for tha cunt that runs off to santos at the drop of a hat.

You're a remarkable fella Vhero, you really are.
Original Dub

Postby Mike J » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:So Vhero, you have your little tantrum and then disappear is that it?

Here's a tip, don't start a thread about a player everyone knows you have a dislike for and when its pointed out you have a dislike for him, have one of your dummy spitting incidents that you have to later apologise for.

The player has been below form and has had a serious of very real injuries and very real sicknesses. You are not only accuing us fans of making his injuries up, you are also accusing the club physios and doctors and actually the club as a whole.

Yet you stick up for tha cunt that runs off to santos at the drop of a hat.

You're a remarkable fella Vhero, you really are.

perhaps he realised what he said was absolutely ridiculous..... probably not though.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Kladze » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Ireland ... Robinho - Ireland ... Robinho - Ireland ... Robinho - Ireland ... Robinho - hmmmm, I think I may need to toss a coin.

Or maybe not ......
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Grob » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:39 pm

edge275 wrote:Vhero, do you think we should sell him?

Yes, i'd sell Vhero
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:58 pm

Grob wrote:

Yes, i'd sell Vhero

:)

How would we watch the match then though?
Original Dub

Postby Grob » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:49 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Grob wrote:

Yes, i'd sell Vhero

:)

How would we watch the match then though?

Well, if im not going or its not on telly or its not on liveonlinefooty, i take it as a sign that its not meant to be this time out
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum