Why is John Terry still England captain

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Why is John Terry still England captain

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:18 pm

I don't think he's been very good this season & wouldn't have improved us. His team are a better unit & get the best out of him, he'd be exposed playing for us a be a bit Wes Brown imo. In a 1 v 1 he either fouls or gets skinned. For us he wouldn't get away with it.

Forgot to say; he worries me for the World Cup for those reasons.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:22 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Because the only real alternative shags grannies in his spare time. Mr Capello clearly has an eye for the finer things in life.

The thought of Peter Crouch with an OAP puts me right off mate
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't think he's been very good this season & wouldn't have improved us. His team are a better unit & get the best out of him, he'd be exposed playing for us a be a bit Wes Brown imo. In a 1 v 1 he either fouls or gets skinned. For us he wouldn't get away with it.

Forgot to say; he worries me for the World Cup for those reasons.

Him and Wio at the back is shit IMO. Wio is a sloppy passer, has complete lapses of concentration and a red card waiting to happen and a complete twat to boot. Neither look anyway near the players they were a few years ago.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:32 pm

Steve wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Because the only real alternative shags grannies in his spare time. Mr Capello clearly has an eye for the finer things in life.

Really?

Care to elaborate?

Gerrard & Lampard clearly don't display the desire they do for their clubs for England.
Ferdinand is a joker, error prone and may well be finished soon.
Cole, Barry, Milner etc don't seem like leadership material stood alone. Put them next to Terry and they look even less so.
Is anyone else regular enough? Heskey couldn't lead a conga without falling over.

I'm not saying Terry or Rooney are exemplary captains, but they're the best we've got.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:35 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Steve wrote:

Really?

Care to elaborate?

Gerrard & Lampard clearly don't display the desire they do for their clubs for England.
Cole, Barry, Milner etc don't seem like leadership material stood alone. Put them next to Terry and they look even less so.
Is anyone else regular enough? Heskey couldn't lead a conga without falling over.

I'm not saying Terry or Rooney are exemplary captains, but they're the best we've got.

Sad isnt it? What a group of complete cunts this England team is (City players aside obviously).
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Sad isnt it? What a group of complete cunts this England team is (City players aside obviously).

That really depends on your outlook. As has been said these men are young, loaded to fuck and slags will literally lay flat for them. And they play football for a fucking living.

I'm going to be honest, if I was in their position then I'd probably become a total cunt.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Steve » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Steve wrote:

Really?

Care to elaborate?

I would argue Gerrard would be a fine captain. Even wallies like Lampard and Barry would do an ok job.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:45 pm

That's fair enough Steve. Though personally, as an England fan, I am disgusted with Gerrard's attitude towards the national side. I wouldn't have him in my first XI his performances are constantly that poor. At least Terry has the effort to turn up for friendlies.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Leedsblue wrote:In the last few months he has :-

Touted his name for sponshorship using the England captainacy as a key selling point.
Raised injunctions against a newspaper group to stop them for publishing details of his private life, this from 'Dad of the Year'
Been accused of pocketing cash for giving ground tours , the assumption was that he was avoiding tax or using a kids charity as an excuse
His father was named as being involved in selling drugs
His mother was cautioned for shoplifting.

See http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... caine.html for more details

I have no idea of the legalities of all the above stories and I am only stating what I have read in the newspapers. Is this man fit to be England Captain. I think not.

The only one of those that is reason for him not being England captain is pocketing money for ground tours, if there's even any truth in it.

What the fuck has his mum and dads misdemeanours got to do with him being England captain?

Not got any problems with stopping media getting hold of details of his private life, most newspapers are twats.

At the end of the day, if Terry wasn't captain then they would probably give it to camel gob wio or, god forbid, Rooney. Not a massive fan of Terry, but him or gerrard are the best option for captain.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:58 pm

Does it really matter who the captain is? is that the difference between England storming through and actually doing themselves justice or falling away yet again?. People place far too much on it. If Ledley King was able to last the tournament and didnt have his chronic injury problems terry would struggle to stay in the fucking team so the reality is he was chosen because Capello understood the symolism of "deciding" who would be captain when in all fairness Mary Poppins could be captain if the England side showed some balls instead of reading the papers every day and believing the "world class" headlines one day and the "clueless" headlines the next.
Who gives a fuck? get the tournament over with. Hope its a good one, but I no longer am willing to set myself up for a fall, spending the latter part of the summer wondering what might have been. Terry would be just another lump of gristle getting wankered and assaulting passers by but for the fact he can play a bit.
Bianchi on Ice

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Sad isnt it? What a group of complete cunts this England team is (City players aside obviously).

That really depends on your outlook. As has been said these men are young, loaded to fuck and slags will literally lay flat for them. And they play football for a fucking living.

I'm going to be honest, if I was in their position then I'd probably become a total cunt.

YOUR ALREADY A TOTAL CUNT REGARDLESS.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Look, Del Boy, your fascination with me is becoming slightly fucking unnerving. If you want to send me abuse in between waiting tables for Japanese businessmen I'd rather you do it in private than follow me round the boards shouting at me like a retard whenever I post.

And put your fucking picture back up. I've not had a decent wank in months.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:23 am

What I cannot understand is that if this story of the affair is true and it was so well known - what the fuck were we doing trying to sign him - can you imagine how Bridge was feeling when he heard

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... oncel.html
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:44 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Look, Del Boy, your fascination with me is becoming slightly fucking unnerving. If you want to send me abuse in between waiting tables for Japanese businessmen I'd rather you do it in private than follow me round the boards shouting at me like a retard whenever I post.

And put your fucking picture back up. I've not had a decent wank in months.

He was being ironic.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:32 am

mcfc1632 wrote:What I cannot understand is that if this story of the affair is true and it was so well known - what the fuck were we doing trying to sign him - can you imagine how Bridge was feeling when he heard

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... oncel.html

He's England captain. I firmly believe that one of the privalages should be free access to all the England players wives.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Steve » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:21 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:That's fair enough Steve. Though personally, as an England fan, I am disgusted with Gerrard's attitude towards the national side. I wouldn't have him in my first XI his performances are constantly that poor. At least Terry has the effort to turn up for friendlies.

I remember under Mclaren in qualifying, Gerrard was our best player. I think its hard at international level, because at club level you get to play twice a week, so a poor performance can be brushed under the carpet in the matter of days, whereas if a player has a bad performance at international level it can last for 3 months.
Steve

Postby Steve » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:32 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:That's fair enough Steve. Though personally, as an England fan, I am disgusted with Gerrard's attitude towards the national side. I wouldn't have him in my first XI his performances are constantly that poor. At least Terry has the effort to turn up for friendlies.

People seem to accept Petrov's poor away performances and effort away from home more than Robinho. And I believe Robinho has been the more important player over the last 18 months.

NB: I like Petrov as a player and person.
Steve

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:44 am

Steve wrote:

People seem to accept Petrov's poor away performances and effort away from home more than Robinho. And I believe Robinho has been the more important player over the last 18 months.

NB: I like Petrov as a player and person.

Don't think either of them will ever play for England though...
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Fish111 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Touted his name for sponshorship using the England captainacy as a key selling point.
- So What? Rank has its privelages

Raised injunctions against a newspaper group to stop them for publishing details of his private life, this from 'Dad of the Year'
Can't blame him for trying, i would if i had his money and was as high profile. Boo Hoo, take the 'Dad of The Year' trophy back off him then i'm sure he'll be gutted.

Been accused of pocketing cash for giving ground tours , the assumption was that he was avoiding tax or using a kids charity as an excuse
Unproven, never assume things, his club supported him, lets move on

His father was named as being involved in selling drugs
Fuck all to do with football, you can't choose your family

His mother was cautioned for shoplifting.
See above

He's still England captain and should remain so because he is the best defender we have and a great leader on the pitch, that's why we tried to sign him. Performances in the bedroom have fuck all to do with his performances on the pitch imo. I'd hate my boss to demote me just because i fucked a mates Mrs, nowt to do with work. Now if he'd knobbed Capello's Mrs, that would be a different matter.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Although wrong, I don't actually see a problem with a bloke having an affair; it's natural. What I do have a problem with is the fact that this wasn't just as with an england team mates wife, but with a more up and close day-to-day team mate. You may say there's no difference, but to shit on a mate you see every day has got to be far worse than someone you see every blue moon!

Since when is it natural to have an affair.....one of the biggest piles of crap iv ever read on here. Maybe me not having a penis is why I find this comment baffling!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum