MANCHESTER IS BLUE

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

MANCHESTER IS BLUE

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:58 am

THIS SHOWS THE PERCENTAGE OF LOCAL SURPORT FOR PREM TEAMS

% of local supporters

Hull City

Stoke City

Wigan Athletic

Newcastle United

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Fulham

Sunderland

West Bromwich Albion

West Ham United

Tottenham Hotspur

Blackburn Rovers

Manchester City

Portsmouth

Bolton Wanderers

Everton

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Manchester United

LOOK WHOS BOTTOM, NOW TELL YOUR RAG MATES THIS
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: MANCHESTER IS BLUE

Postby King Kev » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:24 am

Brilliant! Where did you get the figures from?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:19 am

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:THIS SHOWS THE PERCENTAGE OF LOCAL SURPORT FOR PREM TEAMS

% of local supporters

Hull City

Stoke City

Wigan Athletic

Newcastle U***d

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Fulham

Sunderland

West Bromwich Albion

West Ham U***d

Tottenham Hotspur

Blackburn Rovers

Manchester City

Portsmouth

Bolton Wanderers

Everton

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Manchester U***d

LOOK WHOS BOTTOM, NOW TELL YOUR RAG MATES THIS

going to need something a little more substantial than a few numbers. How did whoever get these figures? link? I can dine out on this for years if they are from a credible source.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:43 am

Not reliable statistics unfortunately. Must be done by some strange criteria. No way do Liverpool only have 22% of local fans.

(perhaps it's % of their fans in the whole country who are local?)

In the same way, the stats rags use to prove they have so many local fans, including the post codes of their season ticket holders, is also nonsense. Many of their season ticket holders have been dead for years &/or people just renew them in order to make money then hand them over to touts who then use them for Norwegians, Chinese etc.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:33 am

Statistics can be manipulated to make anything look like whatever you want. You've not even given us a source, so you might as well just pluck these figures out of the air.

Also, does this matter any more? If we are to entertain these 'stats' then the bottom 4 teams are to most successful in the Premier League, what does that tell you? That we either stay 'local' or start winning things? I know what I'd choose.

Add to the fact that we're on a site where quite a few of the top contributors come from all corners of the Earth then it seems even more ridiculous.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Seeing as I'm from West Yorkshire I guess I'd better not comment
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:22 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... tball.html

i hope it works. it does, must be getting better posting links, anyway it was from the telegraph.co.uk
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby ashton287 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:37 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Statistics can be manipulated to make anything look like whatever you want. You've not even given us a source, so you might as well just pluck these figures out of the air.

Also, does this matter any more? If we are to entertain these 'stats' then the bottom 4 teams are to most successful in the Premier League, what does that tell you? That we either stay 'local' or start winning things? I know what I'd choose.

Add to the fact that we're on a site where quite a few of the top contributors come from all corners of the Earth then it seems even more ridiculous.

you've took this thread far too seriously mate, the scum are shit fans doesnt matter where the figures come from.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:49 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/3078163/Manchester-U***d-bottom-in-local-fans-survey-while-Bolton-spring-a-shock---Football.html

i hope it works. it does, must be getting better posting links, anyway it was from the telegraph.co.uk

Right that makes more sense; it means 20% of their fans are from Manchester rather than that they only have 20% of support amongst Manchester football fans.

I should imagine that's actually on the high side of reality; I recon it'd be more like 10-15% of their total fans in the country are from Manchester. They probably did what they usually do & surveyed people in the City centre when it's full of students etc who've moved here from all over the shop & will move on again.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:05 pm

ashton287 wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Statistics can be manipulated to make anything look like whatever you want. You've not even given us a source, so you might as well just pluck these figures out of the air.

you've took this thread far too seriously mate, the scum are shit fans doesnt matter where the figures come from.

Oh right. In that case I apologise. I thought the title and the subject of the thread were exactly what the thread was about.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Goataldo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:33 pm

I went to the same school as Andy Mitten (creator/editor of United We Stand, rag-rag), and remember when he did a project on this very subject. I seem to recall that United had the most fans from elsewhere back then (about 20 years ago) too! It's right to say that being successful does draw you support from all over the place, and invevitably it'll be something that happens to us more and more when we become successful. Just look at the influx of fans from the far east since Sun Ji Hai and Thaksin, never used to see that 'when I were a lad'.

For me though, that isn't the point - it's all very well slaggin United fans for having global support. What makes me proud is the fact that City have frankly done extremely badly over the last thirty odd years (I forget the number), and in the same period our fans have had to endure the continued success of ManUre. Yet still we have at least as many fans in Manchester, fans that are definitely not glory-hunters, hangers-on, or bandwagon-jumpers. This simply can't be said of them. That's why it's be so laughable/infuriating when these ill-informed idiots try to have a pop.

I enjoy the banter and I do have (a few) United mates who go, even a few who don't and have a modicom of football sense, but I'm still pretty surprised when I meet a young United 'fan' who's actually been to a game, let alone anyone who goes regularly. It's no exaggeration to say that most of the Blues I know go to games quite regularly, or all the time. A matter of of pride you might say.

Manchester will always be Blue. If anything it's getting bluer.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Not reliable statistics unfortunately. Must be done by some strange criteria. No way do Liverpool only have 22% of local fans.

(perhaps it's % of their fans in the whole country who are local?)

In the same way, the stats rags use to prove they have so many local fans, including the post codes of their season ticket holders, is also nonsense. Many of their season ticket holders have been dead for years &/or people just renew them in order to make money then hand them over to touts who then use them for Norwegians, Chinese etc.

Oh, I don't know. Have you ever tried heading south on the M6 after a game at Anfield?

Plus, in my old office there were about a dozen Liverpool fans, from all corners of Merseyside such as Wigan, Accrington, Wales... There was one real scouser in the office - he was evertonian.

I've seen this sort of thing done before though where the rags were near the top. I can only assume that on that occasion, they asked fans waiting for a bus and this time, they went to the airport. Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Still going to quote this to every rag I have to speak to, though.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum