Saturday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:24 am

City aim for friendlier rivalry with United
Manchester City's Arab owners want to co-exist with Manchester United in a spirit of rivalry mirroring Milan and Internazionale's, with new manager Roberto Mancini so confident of his future beyond this summer, that he is seeking to buy a property in the city.
Mancini has been assured that his job is not dependent on reaching the 70-point target which predecessor Mark Hughes agreed to at a board meeting last August and the Arabs' impressions of the Italian five weeks into his Eastlands career are – results aside – that he is more willing to communicate directly with them and keener to take on the more sizeable backroom staff befitting a club with City's aspirations.
Mancini was manager of Inter and Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyanbin Zayed Al Nahyan's representatives are particularly taken with the footballing environment he left behind in Milan. They want to redefine their aspiration as one of perpetual rivalry with United, rather than one necessarily built on seeking permanently to topple the Premier League champions to become the "No 1" side in the city. Abu Dhabi hosts the Fifa Club World Cup for a second successive year and the Arabs are understood to be excited by the idea of United being in the Emiracy to compete for the trophy.
The notion of co-existence did not entirely fit with the words of chief executive Garry Cook at the Mad Hatter in New York, though the Arabs' sense is that Cook was left exposed when he was being partisan at a City-supporting bar. Consideration is being given to whether more staff are needed to prevent a repeat of the outcome in which Cook's speech was secretly recorded, though his determination to be at the grass roots may simply mean he has to be more circumspect.
City retain hopes of securing the £5m signature of England Under-21 winger Adam Johnson from Middlesbrough, despite Boro manager Gordon Strachan's reluctance. The pursuit of Roma central defender Marco Motta is not over either, though developments in Italy saw the deal stall earlier this week.

Manchester City turn to Parma's McDonald Mariga after move for Real's Fernando Gago breaks down
Manchester City have made a £7million move for Parma midfielder McDonald Mariga. Roberto Mancini has moved in to head off interest from former club Inter Milan and will offer City striker Valeri Bojinov as part of the deal.
Bojinov has been on loan at Parma and has proved a relative hit. City value him at around £4m and Parma are happy to accept.
City have moved for the 22-year-old Kenyan after growing frustrated in their bid for Real Madrid's Fernando Gago. Mariga is more combative than Gago.
He is 6ft 2ins tall and has more than 20 caps for Kenya after playing in Scandinavia. Parma are also in the process of signing Luis Jimenez permanently from Inter.
City's move for Roma right-back Marco Motta is on hold though as talks have hit a hitch over his dual ownership with Udinese.
City striker Benjani, meanwhile, will complete his £500,000 move to Sunderland today as revealed by Sportsmail.

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... ie-suliman

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Liverpool winger Ryan Babel has been informed by manager Rafael Benitez that he will not be sold before the January transfer window closes on Monday.The Times

Birningham have, meanwhile, made a fresh inquiry for Babel and had an improved £9m bid for Roman Pavlyuchenko turned down by Tottenham. Daily Mail

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan will not prevent Maynor Figueroa leaving for "a good club" despite the Honduras international signing a new contract on Friday. Daily Mail

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has made a fresh offer for Marouane Chamakh in a bid to snap up the Bordeaux striker on a pre-contract.Daily Mirror

Wolves have held talks with Blackburn Rovers striker Jason Roberts and hope to conclude a £2m deal. Daily Mail

David Dunn has urged Blackburn to bring in James Beattie from Stoke as Benni McCarthy's replacement. (Daily Mirror) Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has defended the club following Wigan counterpart Roberto Martinez's criticism of their pursuit of defender Maynor Figueroa. (Press Association)

John Terry faces an anxious wait to discover if further damaging revelations regarding his private life will cost him the England captaincy. (Various)

Rafael Benitez has warned Liverpool that they must deliver on a string of promises if he is not to be lured away by Juventus in the summer.Daily Mail

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has suggested that the way he man-manages his thirtysomethings at the club will hold the key to the club's hopes of winning the Premier League title.The Guardian

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has warned his players to be wary of Wayne Rooney's gamesmanship in Sunday's league match between the Gunners and Manchester United at the Emirates Stadium. Daily Mail

Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon has suffered a fresh setback and could need a hernia operation only four months before the start of the World Cup. Daily Mail

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has demanded that the club's fans end their obscene taunts directed at Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger. Daily Mail

West Ham are to hand Tottenham a £5,000 bill for putting up Eidur Gudjohnsen in a plush London hotel and paying for a medical before he opted for a last-minute move to Spurs. Sun

Martin O'Neill is furious with Arsenal chief Arsene Wenger for labelling Aston Villa a long ball team after the goalless draw between the sides in mid-week at Villa Park. Daily Mirror

More shortly ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby ronk » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:59 pm

Like the WAG.

Interesting that Rafa doesn't want to sell Babel. He'd be a good way to raise a bit of cash at the moment.

Still more signs of Terry being a lowlife. He's hopeful some of the other stuff he's done won't come out...
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:19 pm

I really like that wag a lot. What's she doing with that prick Richardson?
I'm going to do a 'Terry' on her
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Wow terrible WAG today however short on bollox anyways. Good read as usual thanx chinners.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Blackadder » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:12 pm

A very fine WAG that, (not just any WAG, but an M&S WAG) although I would question the claimed '32E rack'.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby ronk » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Blackadder wrote:A very fine WAG that, (not just any WAG, but an M&S WAG) although I would question the claimed '32E rack'.

Me too. I'd need a lot of convincing and extensive investigation.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum