Positive Mancini article in the Torygraph

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Positive Mancini article in the Torygraph

Postby Guy Debord » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:39 pm

A bit of hopeless speculation about Ribery, but otherwise a good piece.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ibery.html
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Re: Positive Mancini article in the Torygraph

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:44 pm

Guy Debord wrote:A bit of hopeless speculation about Ribery, but otherwise a good piece.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ibery.html

I didnt read past the 3rd line. The 3rd line was a picure of Ribery, that alone tells you how much use the article will be.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:50 pm

Delighted IF this is true. So sick of spending my whole life watching City sack managers whilst others build teams over a period of time & win trophies.

They told the press the same about Hughes though at every opportunity, right up to about a month before they sacked him.

Hopefully this time they're telling them the truth so there won't be another group of disgruntled journos bearing grudges for being made to look stupid printing it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:35 am

Adam Johnson...UP TO 18 million? what? if he scores a double hat-trick in a world cup final maybe. Like him as a player but really, you couldn't make it up, unless of course in his case you are paid to
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:47 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Adam Johnson...UP TO 18 million? what? if he scores a double hat-trick in a world cup final maybe. Like him as a player but really, you couldn't make it up, unless of course in his case you are paid to

I think it was a typo mate and they meant £8mill, which to be honest, is still about £2m still much.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:54 am

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:Adam Johnson...UP TO 18 million? what? if he scores a double hat-trick in a world cup final maybe. Like him as a player but really, you couldn't make it up, unless of course in his case you are paid to

I think it was a typo mate and they meant £8mill, which to be honest, is still about £2m still much.

OK but up to £8m is fair for someone who'll be playing for England by christmas. We can't fuck about on this, he will go to a top 6 club.
Bianchi on Ice

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:00 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:

OK but up to £8m is fair for someone who'll be playing for England by christmas. We can't fuck about on this, he will go to a top 6 club.

Do you rekon we will sign him before the deadline mate?.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:32 am

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:

Do you rekon we will sign him before the deadline mate?.

City seem to have to pay a premium. I have no idea how much they are willing to go to but if Hughes was backed for the RSC deal and the Lescott deal then Johnson is worth the 9m. If we don't sign him, someone else will! I wouldn't offer Petrov another contract and Bellamy says himself he hasn't got many miles left on the clock so yes I'd say we will. Its not a signing for the sake of it, it makes sense in the long term.
Bianchi on Ice

Postby Socrates » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:38 am

A very good read, hope it all comes off.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:32 am

Good read, although I doubt we would spend £80m on Ribery,a s good as he is. He's not worth that much, but if the figure was something like £50m, then I could believe it happening.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:54 am

It's a good read but i hope that £18m for Adam Johnson is just a typo and i can't really see us splashing £80m on Ribery but if it comes of i won't be complaining.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to The Maine Football forum