Barry: What does he do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Barry: What does he do?

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:30 pm

Does he bring anything to the team?
Answers on a postcard
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: Barry: What does he do?

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:33 pm

At the moment I feel we should either play De Jong or Barry but not both, too negative in my opinion.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Wooders » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:33 pm

he does, but he's also not playing anywhere near as well for us as he did for Villa.
As far as I understand, he needs an operation on his groin, and has done for a while - I would like us to bring someone in and let him have it before the world cup
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:35 pm

Not at the moment. Before Kompany's injury I was begging for Mancini to take him off so he knows he's not untouchable. Plays as if his place is certain every week, performances like that need to be stopped.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:36 pm

Wooders wrote:he does, but he's also not playing anywhere near as well for us as he did for Villa.
As far as I understand, he needs an operation on his groin, and has done for a while - I would like us to bring someone in and let him have it before the world cup

i think if this Scottish kid we're bringing in -- MacDonald -- is anywhere nearly any good, we'll let Barry have a soak and get his dick operated upon. He surely needs it...looks like he can barely run. I wonder if they have to tape it to his thigh and give him an injection in it to get him match-ready?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby french_tony » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:38 pm

The problem is we have no one to bring on. All three of Ireland, De Jong and Barry were on the pitch today and two of those were shocking, especially Gaz.
There was no natural replacement on the bench and no real competition for those three centre midfield places. We need Veria back asap and I hope we bring in this McDonald chap. Then Baz can have a rest (or that op) and they can start fighting it out between eachother for the starting 11.
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sniffer » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:39 pm

Agree him and De Jong should not both play in this type of match far to negative. I also woory about how both him and petrov are so one footed every time they are on the ball they have to get it in the left foot, this is very easy to play against for defenders. We certainly need that box to box high energy player.
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby trout man » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Barry is a lazy pussy with the occassional touch....getting more pissed off with him as the season goes on. Even Garrido got slightly better as the game went on and thats saying something.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:43 pm

trout man wrote:Barry is a lazy pussy with the occassional touch....getting more pissed off with him as the season goes on. Even Garrido got slightly better as the game went on and thats saying something.

you know what trout man? why not find a fishing line, stick the hook in your mouth and reel yourself off this site...douchelick.

calm yourself down fucktard. Barry isn't a "lazy pussy" you mong.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:43 pm

Most midfielders you can class as: defensive/holding, box-to-box or attacking/creative.
I honestly don't know what Barry is cos most games he has offered no protection to the defence and also offered no support for our strikers. He just jogs around in the middle, all the while play is passing him by. 'Passenger' sums him up perfectly.
Fidel Castro

Postby trout man » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:45 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
trout man wrote:Barry is a lazy pussy with the occassional touch....getting more pissed off with him as the season goes on. Even Garrido got slightly better as the game went on and thats saying something.

you know what trout man? why not find a fishing line, stick the hook in your mouth and reel yourself off this site...douchelick.

calm yourself down fucktard. Barry isn't a "lazy pussy" you mong.

cheers

Every 50/50 tackle he turns his back, doesnt go near a 60/40, lazy in possesion, lazy off the ball and I am sick hearing about his groin operation, he has been well below average, bordering on piss poor.

Cheers
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:46 pm

Barry is clearly carrying a knock that is preventing him from being at his best, but obv to the manager he's still fit enough and clearly better enough to be in the team.

this thread is poor really...everyone knows he's carrying a groin injury. why blast a player who clearly loves playing football and is probably as gutted as we are by his performances? makes no sense to me really.

Once he's fit he'll be back to what he offered at the beginning of the season -- workmanlike performances, not world class, but required.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:47 pm

Well he's obviously not a left winger. Was completely wasted there and nothing happened for us from that side. Barry played better when Bellers came on and he went back in the middle. Won quite a few balls.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Vhero » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:51 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Does he bring anything to the team?
Answers on a postcard

I was wondering myself I think we could do with somebody else there instead right now and be more productive.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:53 pm

From what I have heard Barry is not going to have an operation as he doesn't need to have one. He should not be considered as being injured.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Crossie » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:59 pm

Left back might be a idea for him, once he gets his groin sorted
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:14 pm

What does Gareth do?
Seems he is going to inherit the position of scapegoat now the other one has gone.
He does enough for Mancio to keep picking him,so he must be doing something right, Mancini doesnt have any fear of playing people in different positions so I dont think the fact that we have few options who are a direct replacement for him worries him too much.
Today might have been a boring game but eveybody did what they were supposed to and we got a clean sheet and 3 pts.Stevie was probably the weakest link in the midfield today but he still did a bit towards Ade's goal so the critisism of him is a bit harsh methinks.
I dont see why he is coming in for the slagging.
Oh I forgot some of you need a scapegoat.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:17 pm

Rag_hater wrote:What does Gareth do?
Seems he is going to inherit the position of scapegoat now the other one has gone.
He does enough for Mancio to keep picking him,so he must be doing something right, Mancini doesnt have any fear of playing people in different positions so I dont think the fact that we have few options who are a direct replacement for him worries him too much.
Today might have been a boring game but eveybody did what they were supposed to and we got a clean sheet and 3 pts.Stevie was probably the weakest link in the midfield today but he still did a bit towards Ade's goal so the critisism of him is a bit harsh methinks.

I don't need a scapegoat. I just don't think Barry is a very good player, sorry for having an opinion.
Fidel Castro

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:32 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:What does Gareth do?

I don't need a scapegoat. I just don't think Barry is a very good player, sorry for having an opinion.

You asked a question what does Barry do? I gave you my answer.He seems to be taking the place as the new figure of derission, so thats what he does .Again cos he is not fast he is coming in for abuse.
I cant see why people think it needs a team of sprinters to achieve anything
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby King Kev » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:32 pm

He gives away possession far too easily and doesn't work hard enough to get it back. Time for a spell on the bench IMO.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum