Mariga deal fallen through

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mariga deal fallen through

Postby Vhero » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:09 pm

We would probably win an appeal however we don't have time for it. I'm sure if we appeal before the window closes we will be allowed to sign still as the gooners signed Arse-Shaver after the close didn't they last year?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby kinkylola » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:13 pm

if we don't get the work permit this window could we buy him and loan him back immediately?

I know the point is that we need midfield backup now, but in my mind he is a good prospect as well, even if we couldn't have him immediately.

I dunno why no one foresaw this problem and acted sooner, knowing we'd have to appeal. very frustrating.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:15 pm

Yea to be honest it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Kenya being 98th in the FIFA world rankings would cause problems for a work permit...
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Wooders » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:18 pm

exactly, why the fuck did we wait until the last day of the window to sort this one out?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:21 pm

We could always loan him until the summer and then sign him..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Vhero wrote:We could always loan him until the summer and then sign him..

Impossible mate, he would still be "working" in this country even on a loan deal, it's impossible for us to sign him unless we get a permit.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:43 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:

Impossible mate, he would still be "working" in this country even on a loan deal, it's impossible for us to sign him unless we get a permit.

With a loan though we would still have time to appeal as the loan window doesn't close today right?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Vhero wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:

With a loan though we would still have time to appeal as the loan window doesn't close today right?

Nope because he can't work in this country without one mate and because he's a pro footballer playing for us would be his job. Even is he was only on loan to us.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:53 pm

Probably just me being petty? - but why do scum, Arse and Chelski not seem to have WP problems when they have players from similar countries

Am I being paranoid?
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:57 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:Probably just me being petty? - but why do scum, Arse and Chelski not seem to have WP problems when they have players from similar countries

Am I being paranoid?

Na not just you who thinks this. It is odd. How did Arsenal manage to sign Adebayor? Togo must be pretty low down in FIFA rankings.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby ruralblue » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:01 pm

I don't get this work permit shit. The guys going to come here probably pay more in tax in a week than a lot of us would pay in ten years, won't claim no benefits or social housing and there are issues around a work permit, crackers.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Blue in the face » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Parma are sitting twentieth in the Italian league and he has only made eight starts out of twenty one so far this season. How come we think he's good enough for us?
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:33 pm

All of this begs the question... how the fuck did United sign Diouf then? He is from Senegal, played only ONCE for the senior national team and Senegal are ranked 89th in the World.... so he fails BOTH requirements.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Blue in the face wrote:Parma are sitting twentieth in the Italian league and he has only made eight starts out of twenty one so far this season. How come we think he's good enough for us?

middlesboro got relegated last season! Club position is not the best way to gauge a player.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Blue in the face wrote:Parma are sitting twentieth in the Italian league and he has only made eight starts out of twenty one so far this season. How come we think he's good enough for us?

Ah - that is a different question - but I am more on a concern over the example of Diouf that avoidconfusion raises
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:38 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:All of this begs the question... how the fuck did U***d sign Diouf then? He is from Senegal, played only ONCE for the senior national team and Senegal are ranked 89th in the World.... so he fails BOTH requirements.

EU rules are fucking complex...don't think it is as clear cut as that

Might be age...amount of clubs played for in europe etc etc etc

This is the Home Office not the FA...they have no agenda against us...this is not a conspiracy
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:42 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:All of this begs the question... how the fuck did U***d sign Diouf then? He is from Senegal, played only ONCE for the senior national team and Senegal are ranked 89th in the World.... so he fails BOTH requirements.

This is the Home Office not the FA...they have no agenda against us...this is not a conspiracy

Right so, then its a club fuck up, plain and simple.

Its a little bit embarrassing TBH. He clearly bacame our number one priority signing in the last couple of weeks and we agreed a fee, personal terms and then found out he can't play for us. Are the richest club in the world trying to save money by having a shit legal team? Surely not...
Original Dub

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Gutted we've missed out on him. That said if we really rate him i'd imagine we'll sort a deal out for the summer.

Silly error by city leaving it this late knowing he probably wouldn't get a permit though.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:20 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

It has nothing to do with EU though. It was the same for ANY foreign player outside Commonwealth nations up until EU. Those rules have been ages forever and apply in Great Britain only.

And you are right, it's Home Office, not FA, who do these decisions.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

It has nothing to do with EU though. It was the same for ANY foreign player outside Commonwealth nations up until EU. Those rules have been ages forever and apply in Great Britain only.

And you are right, it's Home Office, not FA, who do these decisions.

Yep, no conspiracy here.

Just a slightly embarrassing club fuck up legally IMO. Jesus, its not like Roberto asked for much. He came to the club, had a good look at the players and decided what we needed was two defensive minded midfielders (not sure I agree, but that's a different debate!) .... we had a whole month to get the two players he wanted and we could only get the older lad.

Not good enough and I don't think this would happen at Real, Milan, Chelsea or United.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum