Fortress Eastlands

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fortress Eastlands

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:07 pm

2007/08
Arsenal Lost 1-3
Aston Villa Won 1-0
Birmingham Won 1-0
Blackburn Drew 2-2
Bolton Won 4-2
Chelsea Lost 0-2
Derby Won 1-0
Everton Lost 0-2
Fulham Lost 2-3
Liverpool Drew 0-0
United Won 1-0
Boro Won 3-1
Newcastle Won 3-1
Portsmouth WOn 3-1
Reading Won 2-1
Sunderland Won 1-0
Spurs Won 2-1
West Ham Drew 1-1
Wigan Drew 0-0

WON 11
DREW 4
LOST 4
POINTS 37 OUT OF 57

2008/09
Arsenal Won 3-0
Aston Villa Won 2-0
Blackburn Won 3-1
Bolton Won 1-0
Chelsea Lost 1-3
Everton Lost 0-1
Fulham Lost 1-3
Hull Won 5-1
Liverpool Lost 2-3
United Lost 0-1
Middlesbrough Won 1-0
Newcastle Won 2-1
Portsmouth Won 6-0
Stoke Won 3-0
Sunderland Won 1-0
Spurs Lost 1-2
West Brom Won 4-2
West Ham Won 3-0
Wigan Won 1-0

WON 13
LOST 6
DREW 0
POINTS 39 OUT OF 57

2009/10
Arsenal Won 4-2
Aston Villa TBC
Bolton TBC
Birmingham TBC
Blackburn Won 4-1
Burnley Drew 3-3
Chelsea Won 2-1
Everton TBC
Fulham Drew 2-2
Hull City Drew 1-1
Liverpool TBC
United TBC
Portsmouth Won 2-0
Sunderland Won 4-3
Spurs TBC
Stoke City Won 2-0
West Ham Won 3-1
Wigan TBC
Wolves Won 1-0

WON 8
DREW 3
LOST 0
POINTS 27 OUT OF 33

TOTAL POINTS 103 OUT OF 147

WIN PERCENTAGE OF 65.30%
DRAW PERCENTAGE OF 14.29%
LOSE PERCENTAGE OF 20.40%

Results at home are getting better and better. We can pretty much stay up in the premiership virtually on our home form alone. It's a great feeling going to home matches and expecting a victory.

I just have a nagging feeling that expectation of a win at home has a detrimental effect on the level of noise inside the ground. There does seem to be a correlation that the more home games you win, the quieter the support gets ala Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: Fortress Eastlands

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:14 pm

If we win v Liverpool, Spurs & Everton rather than our usual annual cock up's it'll be a more of a fortress but not if we lose to them again.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Svensational wrote:We still have the rags to play at home too. It would be nice to go the whole season without losing at home.

Rags/Chelsea/Arse are exceptional games though & even they can't be over confident of beating each other at home one game to the next. Most years they'll beat Spurs, Everton & now probably Liverpool though so imo it's a fair barometer of our standing if we beat them.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ashton287 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Svensational wrote:We still have the rags to play at home too. It would be nice to go the whole season without losing at home.

Rags/Chelsea/Arse are exceptional games though & even they can't be over confident of beating each other at home one game to the next. Most years they'll beat Spurs, Everton & now probably Liverpool though so imo it's a fair barometer of our standing if we beat them.

we've already beat them at home remember, we've beat all 3 at home because were awesome
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:47 pm

ashton287 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

we've already beat them at home remember, we've beat all 3 at home because were awesome

I'm talking about Liverpool, Spurs & Everton. We have to beat them in the near future as our season depends on it. If we do it then it proves we can win crucial games, under pressure against tough teams when it matters (rather than just raising our game for one offs v the top 3 which is something Pearce & Keegan's sides were able to do.)

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vhero » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Getting an almost perfect record is top 4 minimum the rags and Chelski very rarely get beaten at home.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Svensational wrote:
ashton287 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

We've beaten Chelsea and Arsenal in the league at home but not the rags.

We have beaten the rags in the cup at home.

It won't feel like we've beaten them at home till we do it in the league. Leading at half time in the cup doesn't count.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum