Subotic?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Subotic?

Postby Guy Debord » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 pm

http://community.footballpools.com/blog ... new-vidic/

Manchester City are reportedly in negotiations with Borussia Dortmund today in view to signing their 6 ft 4 Serbian centre-half Neven Subotic before the transfer window closes. In fact, delegations from Eastlands are attempting to bring in a number of new recruits with Middlesbrough’s Adam Johnson and Real Madrid’s Fernando Gago all targeted.

Subotic signed a new long-term contract with Borussia Dortmund earlier this season but City are refusing to take no for an answer as Roberto Mancini looks to stamp his own mark on his team. The young defender has been dubbed the ‘New Nemanja Vidic’ and has grown in stature and reputation in the Bundesliga after a number of excellent consistent displays. An injury to Vincent Company has left City struggling for fit centre-halves but unlike the current crop, Subotic is extremely dominant aerially.

Borussia have moved swiftly to quash the reports of a move to Eastlands and the player’s agent Steve Kelly is doubtful of a move but with City poised to bid big, a move may be more realistic than many would expect.Kelly told skysports.com, “I would be really surprised if Neven was to leave Dortmund in January.

“It would take something special for Dortmund to sell him as he is on a long-term contract there.”

The 21-year-old enjoyed a fantastic debut season in 2008/09 with Borussia after moving from Mainz. His form resulted in the offer of a new improved contract which he signed which would see him remain at the club until 2014. He has played in all 20 league games this season starting and finishing each match. Dortmund are enjoying a good season which has seen them rise to 4th in the Bundesliga, 8 points behind leaders Bayer Levekusen. A 4-1 weekend defeat at Stuttgart ended Borussia’s 9-match unbeaten league run and left them off the pace for the title refueling speculation that the club may now sell to Manchester City.

Subotic was born in Banja Luka in the former Yugoslavia but moved to Germany with his family in 1994 when he was 5-years old. However, in 1999 his family moved to the USA after their residence authorization expired. There the Serbian international played soccer for Sparta Gold and Impact Black youth clubs in Salt Lake City before moving to Florida where Subotic’s sister pursued a tennis career at the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy. The big defender began to play for the University of South Florida’s team and was later spotted by agent Steve Kelly while representing an U17 team in the Netherlands. Kelly offered the player a trial with Mainz who eventually signed him.
Last edited by Guy Debord on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Re: Subotic?

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:48 pm

YAY! we've had a couple of threads on him coming already!

I want him to come just to have his name on the shirt!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Wooders » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:49 pm

a Subotic Kompany CB pairing would be fantastic
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Always feel like singing Blondies 'Atomic' when I see his name
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:52 pm

Guy Debord wrote: In fact, delegations from Eastlands are attempting to bring in a number of new recruits with Middlesbrough’s Adam Johnson and Real Madrid’s Fernando Gago all targeted.

Busy day ahead for Cook and his people, eh?

Subotic signed a new long-term contract with Borussia Dortmund earlier this season but City are refusing to take no for an answer as Roberto Mancini looks to stamp his own mark on his team. The young defender has been dubbed the ‘New Nemanja Vidic’ and has grown in stature and reputation in the Bundesliga after a number of excellent consistent displays. An injury to Vincent Company has left City struggling for fit centre-halves but unlike the current crop, Subotic is extremely dominant aerially.

Borussia have moved swiftly to quash the reports of a move to Eastlands and the player’s agent Steve Kelly is doubtful of a move but with City poised to bid big, a move may be more realistic than many would expect.Kelly told skysports.com, “I would be really surprised if Neven was to leave Dortmund in January.

“It would take something special for Dortmund to sell him as he is on a long-term contract there.”

The 21-year-old enjoyed a fantastic debut season in 2008/09 with Borussia after moving from Mainz. His form resulted in the offer of a new improved contract which he signed which would see him remain at the club until 2014. He has played in all 20 league games this season starting and finishing each match. Dortmund are enjoying a good season which has seen them rise to 4th in the Bundesliga, 8 points behind leaders Bayer Levekusen. A 4-1 weekend defeat at Stuttgart ended Borussia’s 9-match unbeaten league run and left them off the pace for the title refueling speculation that the club may now sell to Manchester City.

I really like the sound of this lad, hopefully we can find an agreement with Dortmund.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:21 pm

As much I'd like him, I don't reckon this is going to happen. Dortmund aren't really looking to sell and we'd probabvly have to fork out two digit number starting with 2 for him.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:24 pm

We heard nothing all day and this just come out at the last minute? I think nothing is gonna come of this but I still reckon I could be wrong and we COULD come out with a surprise signing before the window closes though.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ashton287 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:57 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Always feel like singing Blondies 'Atomic' when I see his name

i thought the "YAY" was gay but this one is just to much to ignore you fruitcake
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:59 pm

ashton287 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Always feel like singing Blondies 'Atomic' when I see his name

i thought the "YAY" was gay but this one is just to much to ignore you fruitcake

Ashton you calling me a fruitcake somehow makes the world a better place...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ashton287 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:03 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
ashton287 wrote:

Ashton you calling me a fruitcake somehow makes the world a better place...

Thats why im here, to make the world a better brighter place for all, and it needed to be said.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Return to The Maine Football forum