Adebayor thanks City fans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Adebayor thanks City fans

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Emmanuel Adebayor has thanked City fans and officials for helping him through the nightmare of the shootings in Angola at the Africa Cup of Nations.

The Togo international lost friends and colleagues when the team bus was ambushed in a terrorist attack and is adamant that the love he received from back in England has been a major factor in him quickly returning to football.

Adebayor played at the City of Manchester Stadium for the first time since the horrific attack on Sunday and scored a superb 20-yard volley as the Blues overcame Portsmouth 2-0 to continue an impressive run of home form and keep up the pressure in the race for a top four spot.

“It was good to be home and back on the football pitch,” the striker told mcfc.co.uk in an exclusive interview. “At one point I didn’t think I would ever see City’s stadium and the fans again.

"It was great to score but more
importantly I want to say a huge thank
you to all the City fans and to the club
for helping me through a terrible time"

“Through all the difficulties the fans were there with me calling my name and sending me messages of support, I was very moved by the way they did that.

“The club too did everything they could for me checking I was ok and giving me time before coming back. At the end of the day the most important thing is the relationship between the players and the club and the players and the fans and I feel I have a good relationship here with both.

“The people who work at City and watch City have faith in my ability and faith in what I am doing. I have been through a difficult moment in my life and they have proved that. There is a big Manchester City family and there is a lot of love there.

“I am glad now that these terrible moments are behind me and now life goes on and that means playing football for City and hopefully being successful.”

The win over Portsmouth stretched the Blues unbeaten home run to 14 matches in the Premier League alone and signalled intent not to bow out of the race for fourth spot in the league.

Victory over Portsmouth was not close to the side’s best form of the season but there was a professional edge about the victory that bodes well.

“Portsmouth fought hard but the two goals just before half time gave us breathing space,” concluded Adebayor.

“It was a great pass from Stephen Ireland for my goal and we never looked like giving up the lead once we had it. It is good to get ninety minutes under my belt it is a long time since I played a full game and I feel better for it.”

from mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Adebayor thanks City fans

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Any news on Henry Mark?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:11 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Any news on Henry Mark?

Yeah he's signing today :)
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Vhero » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Any news on Henry Mark?

Yeah he's signing today :)

If only :p
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wooders » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:49 am

repay us in goals big fella
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:57 am

Nice to hear he appreciates the support.. And like previous player said - pay us back with loads of goals. cheers.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby King Kev » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:00 pm

I wonder if he ever got to see the thread we had in here for people to send their wishes to him?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:54 am

King Kev wrote:I wonder if he ever got to see the thread we had in here for people to send their wishes to him?

Hopefully not as it was shortly followed by the Day of the Bellends when we had ArsenalTrainingTopGate and he might've seen that too
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:11 am

ant london wrote:
King Kev wrote:I wonder if he ever got to see the thread we had in here for people to send their wishes to him?

Hopefully not as it was shortly followed by the Day of the Bellends when we had ArsenalTrainingTopGate and he might've seen that too

He definitely heard about the comments on him wearing an Arsenal top because he mentioned that in a following interview and said he only wore it because he had nothing else to wear as his bags were still in the bus they had to leave behind and some guy gave him this shirt and he didn't even think about what he was wearing.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Good article, if he is truely happy good luck to him.
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum