Robinho touches down at Santos in a helicopter and Raps!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robinho touches down at Santos in a helicopter and Raps!

Postby Vhero » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Eastlands is clearly a distant memory for Robinho this Monday, as the Manchester City employee arrived at his new club Santos as the Brazilian playmaker began his loan spell back in his homeland.

Still a massive home favourite, Robinho was greeted by 15,000 fans, shark mascots and Pele, before the walking showboat entertained the croiwd with some, frankly, lame juggling skills.

And then things got worse, as Robinho picked up the mic and starts rapping on stage.

Footage from Robinho’s presentation at Santos can be seen here and here.

[youtube]TL2wX8wS7mU[/youtube]
[youtube]snLg-Y7OY84[/youtube]

EDIT Embedded the video
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Re: Robinho touches down at Santos in a helicopter and Raps!

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Pele is a twat.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Kyle » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Wow.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:45 pm

I think its cool that you show so much support for one of our players.

In this post alone, you have a two pictures of Robinho, a video of him arriving at his new club and a video of him rapping.

And you have never said ONE bad word about him.

Yet you went on a furious rant about one of our own true players, who has given much more to the city cause - who would "love to have a city stand named after him" FFS! You tried to tell everyone his injuries weren't real. When he was brought to hospital after fainting, you said it was no excuse... and you still wouldn't even put your hand up and admit it is all because you personally don't like him. This is a player who only yesterday set up the goal that broke the deadlock shortly after making sure Pompey didn't take the lead by being on the goal line.

On his day Robinho can do one of these things. For a long time, he has done neither.

I'm not trying to make a thick out of you, and I know Ireland is having a poor season so far in comparrison to when he was Manchester City Player of the Year and nominated for Premier League Young Player of the Year but can you not see something wrong with this whole picture chief?
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:46 pm

The Pele? With the boner problems?? Wasn't he insisting that Robson was mentally unstable last year?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Vhero » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:I think its cool that you show so much support for one of our players.

In this post alone, you have a two pictures of Robinho, a video of him arriving at his new club and a video of him rapping.

Yet you went on a furious rant about one of our own true players, who has given much more to the city cause - who would "love to have a city stand named after him" FFS! You tried to tell everyone his injuries weren't real. When he was brought to hospital after fainting, you said it was no excuse... and you still wouldn't even put your hand up and admit it is all because you personally don't like him. This is a player who only yesterday set up the goal that broke the deadlock shortly after making sure Pompey didn't take the lead by being on the goal line.

On his day Robinho can do one of these things. For a long time, he has done neither.

I'm not trying to make a thick out of you, and I know Ireland is having a poor season so far in comparrison to when he was Manchester City Player of the Year and nominated for Premier League Young Player of the Year but can you not see something wrong with this whole picture chief?

I ain't had time to change up my avatar and sig yet mate as for the saying his injuries ain't real?? WTF?? You putting words in my mouth now?? I never said fucking nothing of the sort. I just said people were using that he was injured at the beginning of the season as an excuse for him having a bad season. That's this season though fuck all to do with last season. I agree Robson done pretty much fuck all on the pitch for us this season I won't deny it mate but I'm not getting into this Ireland shit again here on another post. However Robsons done a lot for this club off the pitch and on it last season with his goals.

This post was posting some news I found on a website I didn't write it FFS FUCKING POST POLICE!
Last edited by Vhero on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Lee_R » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Top player.. dead ambitious etc..
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Kladze » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:56 pm

He wasn't an embarrassment all season for us and he still isn't an embarrassment now ...............
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:13 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I think its cool that you show so much support for one of our players.

I ain't had time to change up my avatar and sig yet mate as for the saying his injuries ain't real?? WTF?? You putting words in my mouth now?? I never said fucking nothing of the sort. I just said people were using that he was injured at the beginning of the season as an excuse for him having a bad season. That's this season though fuck all to do with last season. I agree Robson done pretty much fuck all on the pitch for us this season I won't deny it mate but I'm not getting into this Ireland shit again here on another post. However Robsons done a lot for this club off the pitch and on it last season with his goals.
This post was posting some news I found on a website I didn't write it FFS FUCKING POST POLICE!

So what thread would you like to "get into all this Ireland shit again"?

Or are the rules that you have a rant at one of our players in a thread topic and run away when questioned about your motives? Signing Robinho was a statement of intent globally. I'm quite confident that helped us "off the pitch". "on the pitch" since Robinho arrived, Ireland has given more to the club.

All I want to know my friend is why would you start a thread (and spend most of last season) criticising our POTY when all you do is wank over Robinho?? I just want to know how you justify it.

Because chief, at the end of the day, I have criticised Robinho when I felt he deserved it and praised him when I think he deserved it. But all I ever here from you re Ireland is criticism and I don't know why. Anytime there was a thread criticising Robinho you were jumping in asking people to leave him alone and "can we move on from this".... and its because he's your favourite player clearly.

Well Ireland is my favourite player and to just start a rant against my favourite player (which was unjustified IMO), telling everyone you're "sick of the excuses" about injuries and sickness and then stroll off saying you don't want to talk about it? Not fucking likely.

You either don't want to talk about it and keep the old trap shut, or else vent your anger, start a topic and deal with the inevitable response by giving clear, factual reasons to back up your rant.

They're the options chief. They're the real rules.

Reap what you sow or don't sow in the first place mate.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Or are the rules that you have a rant at one of our players in a thread topic and run away when questioned about your motives? Signing Robinho was a statement of intent globally. I'm quite confident that helped us "off the pitch". "on the pitch" since Robinho arrived, Ireland has given more to the club.

All I want to know my friend is why would you start a thread (and spend most of last season) criticising our POTY when all you do is wank over Robinho?? I just want to know how you justify it.

Because chief, at the end of the day, I have criticised Robinho when I felt he deserved it and praised him when I think he deserved it. But all I ever here from you re Ireland is criticism and I don't know why. Anytime there was a thread criticising Robinho you were jumping in asking people to leave him alone and "can we move on from this".... and its because he's your favourite player clearly.

Well Ireland is my favourite player and to just start a rant against my favourite player (which was unjustified IMO), telling everyone you're "sick of the excuses" about injuries and sickness and then stroll off saying you don't want to talk about it? Not fucking likely.

You either don't want to talk about it and keep the old trap shut, or else vent your anger, start a topic and deal with the inevitable response by giving clear, factual reasons to back up your rant.

I just don't get what the fuck Ireland has to do with this? I copied and pasted something I found on a website FFS I replied in the Ireland thread but the fact is too many people on here disagree with my opinion and there was no way I could win the argument so I shut up. Which is the mature thing to do then you bring it over here for no reason whatsoever? All I did was put Robbie whos image has done more for this club than Irelands ever will do on my Sig and you think I love the player and don't slate him?? You need to get real mate I was just as happy he's gone on loan as everybody else as I think we are now in a strong enough position to replace him.
I also said in the last post I don't dislike Ireland I just dislike the fact too many fans wank over him constantly no matter how fucking shite he plays (probably not yourself) and it pissed me off. Yet Robinho always had to play 150% or got slated because of what we paid for him and what was expected. So there that's what I have to say on the matter if you must know. I honestly think Ireland did well at weekend at least for the first half anyways as I thought he was poor in the second half and thats my opinion on the matter but hey I guess that means I hate him eh?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:49 pm

MaseCTID wrote:The Pele? With the boner problems?? Wasn't he insisting that Robson was mentally unstable last year?

Indeed he was but he's probably been paid to have a different opinion this week.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:

I just don't get what the fuck Ireland has to do with this? I copied and pasted something I found on a website FFS I replied in the Ireland thread but the fact is too many people on here disagree with my opinion and there was no way I could win the argument so I shut up. Which is the mature thing to do then you bring it over here for no reason whatsoever? All I did was put Robbie whos image has done more for this club than Irelands ever will do on my Sig and you think I love the player and don't slate him?? You need to get real mate I was just as happy he's gone on loan as everybody else as I think we are now in a strong enough position to replace him.
I also said in the last post I don't dislike Ireland I just dislike the fact too many fans wank over him constantly no matter how fucking shite he plays (probably not yourself) and it pissed me off. Yet Robinho always had to play 150% or got slated because of what we paid for him and what was expected. So there that's what I have to say on the matter if you must know. I honestly think Ireland did well at weekend at least for the first half anyways as I thought he was poor in the second half and thats my opinion on the matter but hey I guess that means I hate him eh?

No mate, if you think Ireland was bad in the second half that doesn't mean you hate him. In fact, I think he was better in the first half too, with possibly THE two biggest contributions of the match - goal line clearance and killer pass to break the deadlock. He did fuck all in the second half and that was there for all to see. However, the big difference between what you have to say about Ireland and what most have to say about him is stark. Most of us know he has gone missing in some games this season, but while most of us acknowledge that in quite a lot of those matches, he has either not been utilised properly, is carrying an injury (or is just back from injury), you accuse us of "wanking over him" or "making excuses" and that is not only questioning the players talent, its also questioning our reading of the situation, which is bound to ruffle some feathers!

Ok so you've clearly outlined the main reason for all of this:
"I don't dislike Ireland I just dislike the fact too many fans wank over him constantly no matter how fucking shite he plays (probably not yourself) and it pissed me off. Yet Robinho always had to play 150% or got slated because of what we paid for him and what was expected."

A few flaws there though -
1) Ireland ALWAYS tries, even when things aren't working out. Robinho, ultimately, didn't.
2) Ireland was our POTY in a season where you gave out about him regularly but NEVER about Robinho
3) Ireland has given the TEAM and us fans more since Robinho joined with his contribution
4) You blamed Ireland for us losing the derby, but never blamed Robinho for anything

All I'm saying is, you have very different views of them and it shows.

I still love you though mate x
Original Dub

Postby ashton287 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Im not going to talk shit about robbie, even after watching these videos'.

but it shows how these players are raised and made to beleive they are untouchable no matter what they do or dont do, which is the reason they cant handle the premiership where your place in the team is based on peformances and even the lowliest of the low (benjani) can overtake you if you can't be arsed giving your all. Its the way they are raised that fuck's them up in the end.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:11 pm

what the fuck this got to do with stevie ireland?
he just posted some vids of robinho who is still our player?
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Blue2 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Has he started bad mouthing us yet?
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:52 pm

You've gotta love Robinho haven't you? He tells the fans exactly what they want to hear, this time the Santos fans!

My goal is to stay at Santos a long time, says Robinho
RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Robinho targeted a long stay at Santos when the Manchester City forward started his six-month loan spell at his former club on Monday. "My goal is to stay a long time," he told reporters. "If the president wants to extend my contract to four years that would be great. I love Santos and love to play for Santos."
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Kyle » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:59 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:You've gotta love Robinho haven't you? He tells the fans exactly what they want to hear, this time the Santos fans!

RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Robinho targeted a long stay at Santos when the Manchester City forward started his six-month loan spell at his former club on Monday. "My goal is to stay a long time," he told reporters. "If the president wants to extend my contract to four years that would be great. I love Santos and love to play for Santos."

I was just about to post the exact same thing. Robinho wants everyone looking at him, no matter what it is. I'm glad Mancini didn't give into his demands over playing time and let him go. No player is bigger than the club, and in my eyes robinho is just out for self gratification which he gets through manipulation. We all believed that he wanted to be a city legend, well until he had to work that is...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Fish111 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Hopefully he can get the attention the poor lad obviously craves, and hopefully Santos win the bRazillian lottery so they can afford to take him off our hands permanantly.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby King Kev » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Robinho wrote:My goal is to stay at Santos a long time, says Robinho

Cheers Rob, love you too.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby edge275 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:57 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:You've gotta love Robinho haven't you? He tells the fans exactly what they want to hear, this time the Santos fans!

Right that's it. Last straw for me.

Once his little 6 month holiday is finished in the Brazilian League, I say we send him to Bayern + cash and take Ribery off them.

He can then ask Van Gaal if he can go back on loan to Santos.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum