Gago?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Gago?

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Some bullshit on bbc

1819: This just in from the at-times cheeky Spanish newspaper Marca: "Real Madrid and Manchester City arrived at an agreement to sign Fernando Gago for 18m Euros, but the English club needed the consent of owner Sheikh Al Mansour and that did not arrive in time for the close of the Premier League curtain at 1700 GMT."

the media love to make us look like fucktards. if we really wanted to buy him, but couldn't get Daddy Sheik to sign off in time, then someone should lose their job. end of.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:16 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

1819: This just in from the at-times cheeky Spanish newspaper Marca: "Real Madrid and Manchester City arrived at an agreement to sign Fernando Gago for 18m Euros, but the English club needed the consent of owner Sheikh Al Mansour and that did not arrive in time for the close of the Premier League curtain at 1700 GMT."

the media love to make us look like fucktards. if we really wanted to buy him, but couldn't get Daddy Sheik to sign off in time, then someone should lose their job. end of.

cheers

It's bullshit mate. Sheik doesn't act like peasants. If his boys want to sign this Argentinian dude with nice shiny hair fpr pocket change that 18m is, they know where the platinum Visa is kept at CoMS.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby giokingkladze » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:18 pm

The fella reporting on 'North West activity' outside COMS said a fee was agreed and the clubs may even look at getting special dispensation. Maybe not over...
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby edge275 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:24 pm

giokingkladze wrote:The fella reporting on 'North West activity' outside COMS said a fee was agreed and the clubs may even look at getting special dispensation. Maybe not over...

Since Real are involved we may just be allowed...
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:26 pm

edge275 wrote:
giokingkladze wrote:The fella reporting on 'North West activity' outside COMS said a fee was agreed and the clubs may even look at getting special dispensation. Maybe not over...

Very true, although we have over spent big time again if the fee is indeed £18m.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby edge275 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:34 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Very true, although we have over spent big time again if the fee is indeed £18m.

Luckily we have vast amounts of money and so do Real, so in a strange way (apart from the Platini bullshit) it makes little odds. I do agree though, we've been raped on the fee once again.

Real Madrid must love doing business with us. They sent Mcmanaman over to us, had us pay £32.5 million for a Brazilian who's now on loan somewhere else trying to fight for his place for the world cup and selling us one of their reserve players for £18m.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:38 pm

hmmmm when would we find out if we have been granted special permission to sign gago? should be quite quick surely!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Kladze » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Blue Blood wrote:hmmmm when would we find out if we have been granted special permission to sign gago? should be quite quick surely!

Government department / quite quick surely ......

Does not compute ;-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby svengali » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Madness.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

It's bullshit mate. Sheik doesn't act like peasants. If his boys want to sign this Argentinian dude with nice shiny hair fpr pocket change that 18m is, they know where the platinum Visa is kept at CoMS.

that's what i think as well. the fact that the media are willing to lay claim to us not being able to buy without his approval should be some sort of Craig Bellamy stylee media lawsuit. they are just trying to make us look like ra-tards.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Michael Brookes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

that's what i think as well. the fact that the media are willing to lay claim to us not being able to buy without his approval should be some sort of Craig Bellamy stylee media lawsuit. they are just trying to make us look like ra-tards.

cheers

Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Wooders » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:48 am

soooooo?

Whats up are we gonna get special dispensation or what?
Also why couldn't we organise a loan deal with an arrangement to make it permanent in the summer? Why are we so shit at transfers?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Mike J » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:26 am

Wooders wrote:soooooo?

Also why couldn't we organise a loan deal with an arrangement to make it permanent in the summer? Why are we so shit at transfers?

because the clown gary cook is probably the one sorting them out.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 am

Mike J wrote:

As apposed to Brian Marwood who does the transfers.

Lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story eh?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:46 am

Hughes didn't have a problem???
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 am

So lets get this straight, we are running around in panic at the last minute for Gago, who has played 180 odd games and scored twice (with 9 assists) so he's a holding midfielder.

A quick check of the squad reveals we have De Jong, Barry, Vieira, Kompany and Zabba, 5 ... count them 5, players who can already play in this role.

What the hell is the plan, a 3-4-2-1 formation with effectively a back 7?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:49 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Mike J wrote:

As apposed to Brian Marwood who does the transfers.

Lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story eh?

I nearly replied stating the facts - and thought - 'cant be bothered' - Cook is obviously a target regardless of facts - glad you could be bothered
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wooders » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:38 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

Hmm I think we missed out on a few under hughes as well - kaka being the obvious one !
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Wooders wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Hmm I think we missed out on a few under hughes as well - kaka being the obvious one !

it's clear as it relates to this Jan window that we bottled it. Come on now. Get in the spirit Wooders!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:So lets get this straight, we are running around in panic at the last minute for Gago, who has played 180 odd games and scored twice (with 9 assists) so he's a holding midfielder.

A quick check of the squad reveals we have De Jong, Barry, Vieira, Kompany and Zabba, 5 ... count them 5, players who can already play in this role.

What the hell is the plan, a 3-4-2-1 formation with effectively a back 7?

Let's analyze those you mentioned for a moment. Kompany has not playd a single minute in DM under Mancini, and there's no guarantee the gaffer will see him fit to play there. Zabaleta, he's also cover for Richards at RB, so there might be games where he has to be used there, and will be unavailable to play as DM (although Mancini did play Onuoha as RB at Scunthorpe, but I'm not sure this will happen again) Vieira, he's still not fit and since it seemed a stupid injury, who knows how long will he actually take to be fit? This leaves us with only De Jong and Barry as pure defensive midfielders, and even that is at a push, since Barry is not a classical DM. He's surely not a creative one but I think his role is a bit larger than that of De Jong as he has to support attacks (if he can bring himself to go faster than a snail, that is). This leaves us with only De Jong as an out-and-out DM, and Vieira when he will be fit. This said, I wouldn't have seen the Gago move so obscene, although not strictly necessary.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum