So this Adam Johnson lad...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: So this Adam Johnson lad...

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:47 am

absolutely buzzing to see this lad play. if all goes well he will be a cracking signing for us. defo an outsde bet to be on the plane to SA. better than downing anyway.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:09 am

Mike J wrote:absolutely buzzing to see this lad play. if all goes well he will be a cracking signing for us. defo an outsde bet to be on the plane to SA. better than downing anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I no fan of SD, but in the last 24 hrs I've heard unequivocal statements that AJ is better than Bellamy, Petrov, and now England's Stewart Downing. I hope he is, but where's the evidence.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:25 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Mike J wrote:absolutely buzzing to see this lad play. if all goes well he will be a cracking signing for us. defo an outsde bet to be on the plane to SA. better than downing anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I no fan of SD, but in the last 24 hrs I've heard unequivocal statements that AJ is better than Bellamy, Petrov, and now England's Stewart Downing. I hope he is, but where's the evidence.

i dont agree that he is better than bellamy. no chance (not at the moment anyway).

ive never once rated downing, but have rated johnson for a few years now. no evidence, just my own opinion.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:25 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:

There's no evidence just opinion. He has much more raw talent than Downing but Downing is currently more simple & effective, easily learned. He has more balls than Petrov with similar skills ( & much better dribble but less pace) but whether he can apply it or not we've no way of knowing. Don't know why anyone would compare him to Bellamy, nothing like him.

It's funny reading reports suddenly coming out in the press etc about how Downing was better at the same age. After a very good career start, Downing went completely utterly to shit for about 2 years & even if he had been free, no one would have touched him with a 10 ft pole. Then he had about 6 good months, got injured & Villa signed him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:28 am

I've just been looking for him on youtube.

ONE video of ONE poxy goal. No compilations set to music...nothing. He must be GASH
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:36 am

lots of nice goals from pro evo though
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:04 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:This signing reminds me of when Aston Villa signed Ashley Young. He has ALL the tools needed, that I know from what I've seen of him for both Boro and England U21's. Not finished article but not too far either so we will be able to use him immediately, although don't expect him to start and play every game.

Like Ted said well, it's up to the lad now. It's basically impossible to say now whether he will make it or not in the end. Like I said, all the tools are there but whether he has mental strength to keep working on his skills or if he becomes lazy because of decent money he is on now remains to be seen and at this point no one can really predict either way.

Totally agree with you NQDP.

Alex Sapphire wrote:

He's not better than Bellers, on par with Petrov and imo better than Downing. He has the potential to be far better than all three.

NQDP likening him to Ashley Young is very fair, hes raw but has everything in his locker to make it big time, its up to him now.
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Hopefully this guy will have a long career with us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Mase wrote:Hopefully this guy will have a long career with us.

seems like a family man who has his head screwed on
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Very similar to Giggs in playing style.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Very similar to Giggs in playing style.

Except he likes them younger...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum