Liverpool forced to sell

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Liverpool forced to sell

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:08 pm

ant london wrote:Other than wanting "their" place in the top 4 I have absolutely nothing against Liverpool FC

I don't like Scousers much and dislike Everton but Liverpool...well, I am quite ambivalent towards them.

Hate U***d, Love Glazers, Hate Spurs, Hate Luton

the rest I can honestly take or leave. I hope they get sorted eventually but I am happy for Liverpool to remain "in crisis" for a while whilst we get sorted. Then I want them back and competing

Can't stand Liverpool or Everton. Too many pathetic cowardly exploits by their fans when I was a teenager have made me lose all respect for them. Liverpool are just scouse rags to me.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:14 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:Would not be an issue though - because we can better RM's offer anyway - and he clearly does not have the Robbie problem of the NW weather

Just thinking of him alongside Ade with Tevez behind........drool

because he is on a beach all the time recuperating.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Crossie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Torres please late summer bid.

Let him get through the world cup, heal up old injuries, then make Liverpool sweat on a bid that only we canafford to make at the moment, get a few 10's of millions off, so 40 million?

Id have Torres over Adebayor too if it came to having to make a descision
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:35 pm

I'd take Torres and even Gerrard just to keep the yanks at that club.

Also, I'm not overly scared of other rich arabs, on the scale of the good Sheikh, coming into the premier league. I remember when the takeover happened, there was a correspondant from the Emirates saying that the main objective of these people was to give a great global account of themselves and show the world that the middle east is not all about war and destruction, thus encouraging the growth of tourism for a time when the oil runs out.

And this is tourism across the Arab states. He also said that it would be highly unlikely that the royal family of Dubai or, as I said, anyone on a similar fortune to our guy, would come into the premier league as that would mean they were merely competing and using their respective teams as toys which completely takes away from their core aim.

In short, he said that ADUG entering the prem effectively put an end to any interest DIC may or may not have had in Liverpool or any other premier league club.
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:30 pm

ant london wrote:Other than wanting "their" place in the top 4 I have absolutely nothing against Liverpool FC

I don't like Scousers much and dislike Everton but Liverpool...well, I am quite ambivalent towards them.

Hate U***d, Love Glazers, Hate Spurs, Hate Luton

the rest I can honestly take or leave. I hope they get sorted eventually but I am happy for Liverpool to remain "in crisis" for a while whilst we get sorted. Then I want them back and competing

I've never been fond of Liverpool FC. All this "you ain't got no history" song at Chelsea yet they've never won the Premiership and just one European Cup in recent times which was about as lucky a win as it's possible to get. They live on past glories.

Everton are a nicer Club. They've got the local support in Liverpool and understand the concept of loyalty with a Manager. I've made this point before - but had Moyes been in charge of City and overseen a run akin to his career at Goodison Park then he'd never still be in charge now. He'd have been a good person to come in after Keegan left.

The friendly Derby in Liverpool has always interested me, too. I love the passion of a Derby game but it's nice to see the sets of Fans being able to sit side by side without trouble. It wouldn't happen in Glasgow.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:51 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Sheikh thingmy of whatgermcallit who tried to buy them a while back will probably move for them again if the septics bail. He's had an eye on them ever since the days when Frank tried to buy them & tbf is rumoured to be a Liverpool fan.

They'll come out smelling of roses as soon as the yanks sell, same as the rags. The best for us is if the sickly parasites stay at both clubs for as long as possible. We could help that by signing Torres or Gerrard & giving Hicks & co some cash to keep them in business.

Sheikh Maktoum was initially interested in them a couple of years back, what happens in Dubai is mainly down to his say so.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Chinners » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Lets not buy them and wait for liverpool to beg us for a knocked down price

Real will pay the money if we don't.

Let them then, they won't then have the cash for other players who we might be after. Having said that I'd have Torres but for no more than £40mil at the mo ... take it or leave it
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Vhero » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:10 pm

I think the only club we would have to worry about in the market for players are Chelsea and possibly AC Milan if they still have the Kaka money left.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:I'd take Torres and even Gerrard just to keep the yanks at that club.

Also, I'm not overly scared of other rich arabs, on the scale of the good Sheikh, coming into the premier league. I remember when the takeover happened, there was a correspondant from the Emirates saying that the main objective of these people was to give a great global account of themselves and show the world that the middle east is not all about war and destruction, thus encouraging the growth of tourism for a time when the oil runs out.

And this is tourism across the Arab states. He also said that it would be highly unlikely that the royal family of Dubai or, as I said, anyone on a similar fortune to our guy, would come into the premier league as that would mean they were merely competing and using their respective teams as toys which completely takes away from their core aim.

In short, he said that ADUG entering the prem effectively put an end to any interest DIC may or may not have had in Liverpool or any other premier league club.

Interesting.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum