when the hell is Vieira gonna play

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

when the hell is Vieira gonna play

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Every week we seem to get to the point where hes nearly fit, then to be told hes been ruled out!!! pity we aint paying him per game, will he ever play in a blue shirt??
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Re: when the hell is Vieira gonna play

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Every week we seem to get to the point where hes nearly fit, then to be told hes been ruled out!!! pity we aint paying him per game, will he ever play in a blue shirt??

We are paying him per game, he's on a pay as you play 100k deal.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:03 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Every week we seem to get to the point where hes nearly fit, then to be told hes been ruled out!!! pity we aint paying him per game, will he ever play in a blue shirt??

My understanding is that it is play for pay deal.

As to when he will play I have no idea and to be honest I am not that fussed as I don't really see him as being a major player even if he is fit.

Johnson I am looking forward to seeing in action though.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Fish111 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:09 pm

I thought he was on a salary as Talk Sport take the piss every now and again saying it's costs us nearly a million quid up to now to have him on our books.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Fish111 wrote:I thought he was on a salary as Talk Sport take the piss every now and again saying it's costs us nearly a million quid up to now to have him on our books.

Nope, 100% on a pay as you play deal. The club confirmed this.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Fish111 wrote:I thought he was on a salary as Talk Sport take the piss every now and again saying it's costs us nearly a million quid up to now to have him on our books.

The flaw here is 'Talk Sport' :)

City are a target. Shrug it off.
BobKowalski

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Fully fit and available for this weekend according to mcfc.co.uk

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... o-miss-out?
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Fish111 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Blue Blood wrote:

Nope, 100% on a pay as you play deal. The club confirmed this.

So he's actually earned less than Mido since he's been here!
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Socrates » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Think he is pencilled in for the North West Masters ;o)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:14 pm

I had heard something about 25k basic with 100k Bonuses. Not sure how reliable the source was, though.

If he's only on loan at the moment then he's saved us a transfer fee. Try not to forget we're loaded! However, I too am annoyed with his lack of appearances as the medical should've been thorough enough to check he's fine - although, when he does start playing, there's no way that De Jong should be dropped to accomodate him as he's done nothing wrong to warrant it.

Once Vieira has a MOTM performance in a crucial game (4th place / Cup) then we won't care how often he's played.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:18 pm

As per my training report he is at least in full training today but whether that means he will play Saturday I don't know. Both Bridge and Lescott have been in full training for a while ( especially Bridge ) but havent even made the subs bench yet. Maybe lessons have been learned from trying to get RSC back too quickly!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

btajim wrote: However, I too am annoyed with his lack of appearances as the medical should've been thorough enough to check he's fine

So if Kaka popped along for a medical and he was carrying say a calf strain that would keep him out for a month are you saying we shouldn't sign the player because he is not fit enough to play?

Actually forget it as I have decided it must be me because there seems to be an general obsession with the Paddy signing that I am clearly not getting :)
BobKowalski

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:34 pm

BobKowalski wrote:So if Kaka popped along for a medical and he was carrying say a calf strain that would keep him out for a month are you saying we shouldn't sign the player because he is not fit enough to play?

Actually forget it as I have decided it must be me because there seems to be an general obsession with the Paddy signing that I am clearly not getting :)

Sorry - do you want me to reply or not?! The "obsession" is that City have signed a world class Midfielder and we're yet to see him play.

I believe the initial deal is for 6 months and it's not a perfect situation when he's unavailable to play for the first 5 weeks. There was no mention of Vieira carrying an injury when his signing was unveiled so I'm struggling to see your point. I'm guessing Mancini wanted to put him in the side immediately and Vieira wanted to get some Football to ensure his place in the French World Cup Team.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Vhero » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Finally gonna play eh? I got sick of the "he will be ready for the next game" BS they were feeding the fans for us to find out the same excuse was being used the week after.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:51 pm

btajim wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:So if Kaka popped along for a medical and he was carrying say a calf strain that would keep him out for a month are you saying we shouldn't sign the player because he is not fit enough to play?

Sorry - do you want me to reply or not?! The "obsession" is that City have signed a world class Midfielder and we're yet to see him play.

I believe the initial deal is for 6 months and it's not a perfect situation when he's unavailable to play for the first 5 weeks. There was no mention of Vieira carrying an injury when his signing was unveiled so I'm struggling to see your point. I'm guessing Mancini wanted to put him in the side immediately and Vieira wanted to get some Football to ensure his place in the French World Cup Team.

Not really but as you did a couple of points. I was aware that Paddy was carrying a knock because he said so. He played for Inter a few days before and got a kick on the calf. Everyone was vague about when it would clear up but I guess I was the only one not surprised when he didn't play rght away

The bit about him being on a play/pay basis for 6 months was also made public early on yet all seem to read is "why have we signed a crock for £10mill its a disgrace, RSC all over again, sack the medical team, outrage, annoyed froth, more outrage"

I posted a while back that I was bemused by the anger over a free transfer signing for 6 months because he isn't playing every match as if somehow we have all been duped. RSC I think we were had over big time but somehow the Paddy is an even bigger outrage.

I will admit I am bemused and I appear to be alone in this but it happens and no point me getting my panties in a bunch over it I guess :)
BobKowalski

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:47 pm

This weekend

Vieira fit
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:09 pm

Hull away :-)
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby bergomi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Even if he's fit, because of his physical stature he is going to need some games before he begins to give his best - and when he'll reach that point, he will injure again. His last two seasons he practically never played and that was not because he wouldn't be good, but because he was always injured or recovering from injury. He's still the Vieira you know, just a little slower and much more prone to injuries ;)
bergomi
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Inter
My favourite player is: Wesley Sneijder

Return to The Maine Football forum