Training Wednesday 3/2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Wednesday 3/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:03 pm

Finally they got back to training after 2 ( or 3 if you count Sunday) days off and first of all the good news that Vieira was in full training today. Also out there was RSC,Lescott and Bridge and from what I could seed the only ones missing were Michael Johnson,Micah and Vinnie.

To start with the players all did the beep test thingy. They came out in 3's or 4's to do this rather than all at once.I think this was because they were doing some sort of readings after each level of the test and they could only manage small numbers at a time. Quite a few photographers around and of course the only pictures they were after were Wayne Bridge. Sad really but funny as well as he did the test in a group with Adam Johnson and the cameraman I spoke to hadn't noticed Johnson was there.

After an initial gathering and chat from Mancini and a round of applause to welcome Johnson they did the usual warm up routines which took place in 2 groups and which finished with a game of tag in one of them. Don't try this against Nedum as he will get you! Mancini then took 8 defenders ( NO,GC,KT,WB,JL,JG,DB,PZ) away with him to work behind the fencing whilst the rest did some different skill and ball based routines with Kidd and other coaches.They seemed to be in about 4 different sections. This group then started a keep ball game before moving into a 7 a side game with 1 or 2 reserves drafted in to make up the numbers.( Nimley and Tutte.) I think RSC was kept out of this contact game but PV was involved. I saw Adam Johnson hit the back of the net for the first time and overall he slotted in very nicely.

I think he will have been glad to be on the same side as Nigel who was putting himself about a bit. SWP was floored with one effort but his best tackle put Ibrahim in orbit.It wasnt that easy to see too much of the detail in this game as the snow was a pain in more ways than one. Coming straight into my eyes made it hard as I wear glasses but it didnt take long before I was getting worried about hypothermia. It was ........... freezing.

That made it even stranger as when Mancini had finished with the defenders they stood around watching the 7 a side game for quite a few minutes. Then as the pitch was turning white the whistle blew and it seemed like it was all over but Mancini took the majority across to another pitch for some kind of match practice leaving just 3 behind for some finishing practice plus a couple of keepers.The 3 were Stevie , Barry and Nimley. At this point I was also turning white and could hardly see the football game so called it a day and my guess is they all will have done soon after.

Before anyone had gone out as Kidd was setting stuff up I heard him talking to one of the Italian coaches and it sounded like the plan today was for an hours session which they had already gone past.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 3/2

Postby ronk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks Doug, great dedication and exciting news that we should be seeing Vieira.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Top man doug, thanks again.
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Postby The Foggy Blue » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks Doug - it makes my day reading your reports.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:11 pm

How was zabalecter looking? Did he have his mask on?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Wonderwall wrote:How was zabalecter looking? Did he have his mask on?

He looked fine and was not wearing a mask at all. I think I saw him head the ball once during Mancini's defensive work out but overall I got the impression he was fine.

I am still thawing out and as I look outsdide now it is a real blizzard and everywhere has turned white , I got away just in time.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:20 pm

good lad Doug, does Mee ever feature with the first team, or does it seem his days are numbered. (just curious as I was talking about in Ant's post)
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Cheers for that Doug good news on Vieira then.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute wrote:good lad Doug, does Mee ever feature with the first team, or does it seem his days are numbered. (just curious as I was talking about in Ant's post)

Mee is an interesting one. He probably was ahead of Boyata at the start of the season but got an injury just at the wrong time for him so that when we had a need for somebody to step up it was Boyata. He got fit again but might have had a recurrence I am not sure as there have been no reserve game to catch up on.

He used to train with the first team quite often but not to my knowledge in the last 2 months due to the injury. He is a slightly different central defender to Boyata as he doesnt have the height and will never be as dominant in the air. He has real quality but might just fall short of premiership level.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Good to hear Vieira's training at last - can he still run as I'm beginning to wonder?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:53 pm

Cheers doug!

The abbreviated surnames take abit of figuring out , i was scratching my head over PV for 2 mins, duh!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Crossie wrote:Cheers doug!

The abbreviated surnames take abit of figuring out , i was scratching my head over PV for 2 mins, duh!

lol I left that as a test.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Top stuff Doug, pleased to hear that Vieira is ready.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Chinners » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:35 pm

Excellent report oh Legend. An hour seems quite light to me, has that happenend more since Mancini arrived as Leslie used to be 2 hrs +
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Chinners wrote:Excellent report oh Legend. An hour seems quite light to me, has that happenend more since Mancini arrived as Leslie used to be 2 hrs +

Well ,today turned out to be longer than an hour anyway and with Hughes they weren't 2 hours long very often and I don't recall more than 2 hours but yes overall I would say the sessions aren't as long now.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Me too...GC? Cookie promoted himself to the first team squad? WTF?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:47 pm

ant london wrote:

Me too...GC? Cookie promoted himself to the first team squad? WTF?

He played left side and talked constantly to the winger so much in fact that he put him off his game completely and that threat disappeared.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Glad to see the lad Gerry Creaney getting a run out with the first team
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Glad to see the lad Gerry Creaney getting a run out with the first team

lol. that one gave me some trouble, i thought cook had been made to train with the reserves.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby eastlandsblue » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Braveheart, great update Doug, nice to hear the defence is getting back to full strength
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum