New Home Shirt

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Home Shirt

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:46 am

Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute wrote:we won't be changing sponsor, all three will change and we will get another three classics from the archive with the top dollar umbro tailored fit. Maroon for third? and something like red and black stripes for one, maroon turn ups on the home socks? collar on the home? i'm looking forward to see them, as no doubt they will be class.

It seems Umbro is adopting a strategy of only making for the marquee teams now (or teams they reckon will be getting big exposure) They have already binned off Everton this season and Brum have got some chinese make for next year and West Ham are going to be Macron.

I don't expect Sunderland, Hull, or B'Burn to be getting Umbro next year either. I could see them eventually making Villa go from Nike to Umbro, annd other top teams from around the leagues of the world and some more top international teams like Holland for example.

Well I could be wrong but this certainly appears to be their strategy rather the Umbro of old making anybody's and everybody's kits.

what about the scum?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:51 am

Im not buying kits anymore anyway,i've not bought any of this seasons despite them being great.

I think ive grown out of it,i have bought a training kit i wear for the gym though.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:01 am

It's a shame that this seasons home (or 3rd for that matter) is only for one season, but in reality, forgetting the expense we all like getting a new shirt don't we ? Umbro really do have a lot to live up to next season with the new shirts and it'll be interesting to see how they manage to improve on the designs
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:36 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute wrote:we won't be changing sponsor, all three will change and we will get another three classics from the archive with the top dollar umbro tailored fit. Maroon for third? and something like red and black stripes for one, maroon turn ups on the home socks? collar on the home? i'm looking forward to see them, as no doubt they will be class.

It seems Umbro is adopting a strategy of only making for the marquee teams now (or teams they reckon will be getting big exposure) They have already binned off Everton this season and Brum have got some chinese make for next year and West Ham are going to be Macron.

I don't expect Sunderland, Hull, or B'Burn to be getting Umbro next year either. I could see them eventually making Villa go from Nike to Umbro, annd other top teams from around the leagues of the world and some more top international teams like Holland for example.

Well I could be wrong but this certainly appears to be their strategy rather the Umbro of old making anybody's and everybody's kits.

what about the scum?

I'm thinking they will keep certain teams with Nike, as it keeps the Nike brand strong, if in the future they Nike pulling out of making actually kits then yes I can see United going that way. Nike is such a strong brand that it is near impossible to weaken it, in terms of stature across all sports. For example nobody is bothered if they have that team nike rubbish and do kits for crap teams. Umbro's prestige had been eroded over the years and it's only real golden goose was hanging on to England, other than that lets be fair they had become a bit of a le coq sportif. Fallen from grace. Nike's strategy seems to want to take Umbro back to it's football roots and obviously those roots begin with us, but I can't seem them wanting to damage the brand by having shite teams in the tailored stuff. It's kind of a new beginning for them.

Clubs already going to be in Umbro tailored so far are:

Us
England
Universidad San Martin (2008 Peru Champions) Also achieved the furthest place by a Peruvian team in the Copa Lib. They were founded in 2004.
Club Universitario (2009 Peru Champions and most successful Peruvian team of all time.)

Non Tailored but New Umbro style.

Santos
Liga de Quito (One of Ecuador's most sucessful teams and the only to achieve the CONEMBOL treble along with Boca Juniors and Internacional.

now these ones that are not tailored are also decent and to be fair look tailored to a degree as well, so maybe my original post of not doing the smaller teams could be wrong, they may just not get the tailored stuff. I think it all comes down to shirt sales and marketability and presence I guess. I think whether teams get the tailored stuff or the new basic gear they will be in for a treat.

You can see the aforementioned kits here http://www.footballshirtculture.com/10/11-kits/

On a side note, Adidas are awful.
Hinch's 5 Fingered Salute
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Shaun Wright-Phillips

Postby btajim » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:27 pm

sweenyuk wrote:so who is going to do the concert in the car park for next seasons shirt launch then...???

I'm not sure - but I hear Garry Cook is going to play the Tamborine whilst people throw pennies at him.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum