** Links To Streaming Sites - VERY Important Please Read **

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

** Links To Streaming Sites - VERY Important Please Read **

Postby King Kev » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Our hosts have received a complaint from the Premier League regarding the posting of links to streaming sites on this site. Our hosts have therefore asked us to remove all such links and not to post anymore.

I am not sure of the legal ramifications of posting these links but, for the time being at least, please do NOT post links to streaming sites on the public forum.

Your co-operation is appreciated.
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: ** Links To Streaming Sites - VERY Important Please Read **

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Shouldn't they be complaining to the sites that stream the games themselves?
I'll keep it in mind anyhow, even though Vhero is the main culprit! ;-)
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby King Kev » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Shouldn't they be complaining to the sites that stream the games themselves?
I honestly don't know where we stand on this, can we really get into trouble for posting links? If anybody knows the answer to this I would like to hear from them.
Fidel Castro wrote:I'll keep it in mind anyhow, even though Vhero is the main culprit! ;-)
I have sent a PM to him and BlueBoyLewis
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:37 pm

We could be done under copyright laws as we have now had the warning to remove the links.

We would get away with it if we were "unaware" of the copyright infringement but now this has been highlighted to us we cannot act dumb.

It's a guess but it looks like the Premier League are targeting the top footy forums and issuing the warnings. I doubt we are an issolated case.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby gillie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Well we dont have to put the links up really why dont lewis and Vhero just e-mail people there links if its possible at least they wont be on this site then will they.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Crazy_Cabbie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:02 pm

I hope this does not mean you have to delete PREVIOS STREAM THREADS.....does it......

If you know what I mean..

Wink....Wink ;-)
Crazy_Cabbie
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:07 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:We could be done under copyright laws as we have now had the warning to remove the links.

We would get away with it if we were "unaware" of the copyright infringement but now this has been highlighted to us we cannot act dumb.

It's a guess but it looks like the Premier League are targeting the top footy forums and issuing the warnings. I doubt we are an issolated case.

They would not win any case at all. The internet connections and links are free. Any judge would dismiss the attempt to block freedom as frivolous.

If the PL , FA , FIFA or EUFA or what ever want to chase anybody, they need to chase the companies streaming the games.

It's pretty futile anyway. All it needs is for the government to give the BBC the right to advertise - ie no more government funding, remove the license fees, disallow broadcasters to demand a sign up fee ( since they get enough money from Advertising anyway) and then you've got a truly free market and streaming will be stopped pretty much overnight.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby gillie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 pm

zuricity wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:We could be done under copyright laws as we have now had the warning to remove the links.

They would not win any case at all. The internet connections and links are free. Any judge would dismiss the attempt to block freedom as frivolous.

If the PL , FA , FIFA or EUFA or what ever want to chase anybody, they need to chase the companies streaming the games.

It's pretty futile anyway. All it needs is for the government to give the BBC the right to advertise - ie no more government funding, remove the license fees, disallow broadcasters to demand a sign up fee ( since they get enough money from Advertising anyway) and then you've got a truly free market and streaming will be stopped pretty much overnight.

But the Premier League games are copyrighted so they probably would have a case imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vhero » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm just happy we were allowed to last as long as we did a shame that your host buckled so easy really its what you get when you got an English host I guess. Should have got a foreign host like my old one as they don't have to follow English law. It's all about where your hosted its why myp2p stopped for a couple of weeks then started again. All they did was move their server abroad.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Vhero » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:36 pm

gillie wrote:
zuricity wrote:

But the Premier League games are copyrighted so they probably would have a case imo.

Trust me from people running a Warez sites as long as you don't host anything there nothing they can do as long as you only link they cant fucking touch you mate. I know loads of people who live in England and run warez sites that link to content and have been doing for years and have had "cease and desist"letters . Not only that though there servers are abroad too so they can't even take there servers offline. They are mostly all hosted in Amsterdam..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:18 am

Vhero wrote:I'm just happy we were allowed to last as long as we did a shame that your host buckled so easy really its what you get when you got an English host I guess. Should have got a foreign host like my old one as they don't have to follow English law. It's all about where your hosted its why myp2p stopped for a couple of weeks then started again. All they did was move their server abroad.

JUST PM THEM TO EVERYONE VHERO.....END OF PROBLEM.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby gillie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:23 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Vhero wrote:I'm just happy we were allowed to last as long as we did a shame that your host buckled so easy really its what you get when you got an English host I guess. Should have got a foreign host like my old one as they don't have to follow English law. It's all about where your hosted its why myp2p stopped for a couple of weeks then started again. All they did was move their server abroad.

Yep that's the way to go Vhero only 3685 PM's to do SATURDAY mate lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:24 am

gillie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

AS LONG AS IM NUMBER ONE THEN I DONT CARE.

IT,S ALL ABOUT ME ME ME ME YOU KNOW.!!

HAVING SAID THAT CITY HAS BEEN ON LIVE OVER HERE SINCE THE START OF THE SEASON SO IVE RARELY IF EVER USED A STREAM.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby gillie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:29 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
gillie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

AS LONG AS IM NUMBER ONE THEN I DONT CARE.

IT,S ALL ABOUT ME ME ME ME YOU KNOW.!!

HAVING SAID THAT CITY HAS BEEN ON LIVE OVER HERE SINCE THE START OF THE SEASON SO IVE RARELY IF EVER USED A STREAM.

Ok Narcissus lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:09 am

It's generally understood that it's impossible to remove every post about streaming. It could cause problems for the site if nothing whatsoever is done.

As I understand it and IANAL, the Premier League should direct your attention to any links to sites which might be infringing their copyright. You can't be expected to police every link posted. But if they tell you, you have to remove any links.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:36 am

Look people, we may have every right to keep posting streams but I'm sure we aren't going to enter into legal battle with bloody Premier League?

So basically from now on all links to Streams will be deleted.

I'm as gutted as the next man and all I can say is that Carl's suggestion is excellent. Even better would be doing it on email.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:51 am

It was good until it lasted, but after all most of us who have used streams so far know where to find them anyway...we will just have to do a bit more work in searching the exact link for ourselves.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby King Kev » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:36 am

Just to sum up a few things;

We are not the only City forum to have been asked to remove the links, I'm not sure which country the other ones are hosted in tho
    We have only just (before Xmas) paid for another 3 years hosting so to move would cost us money as well as time.
    Personally I'm not arsed what The Prem League say but am unwilling to upset our hosts who could make this site vanish with a mouse-click
    If we were showing the live stream on this site I could see the problem, but we're not!
    PM's can't be seen by anybody else
    The email I received gave a link to 1 offending thread, I have removed this and a few others that I found.
    Please be careful what you say on the public forum as we are obviously being watched

Cheers
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:46 am

Let's all just refrain from posting links. It's not like it's difficult finding streams. GOOGLE is a good starting point

Most people also know of places like myp2p, which basically have the same info as Vhero's threads anyway.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:15 am

King Kev wrote:J
Please be careful what you say on the public forum as we are obviously being watched[/list]

Cheers

Ah yes, I forgot that guests cannot view Off Topic

food for thought
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum