** Links To Streaming Sites - VERY Important Please Read **

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ** Links To Streaming Sites - VERY Important Please Read **

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:17 am

Vhero wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Vhero wrote:Well I could always post my streams on a blog and just link to my blog in my sig.

*Simples*

It's a loophole as your not linking to streams your linking to a cityfans blog which does NOT affect you in anyway. I think you will agree that is a pretty fair way to get around it.

Top idear mate would you like your job back? ;)

Click my sig to see the template in action on the blog. I might set up a dedicated offshore site for them eventually but for now free blog will do.
This is my personal favourite solution. Surely we can't get in trouble for having a link to a site showing a link to a site that shows the games!??

No you cannot as you yourself hold no responsibility for what's on MY site that's my responsibility :). The best thing is its hosted on a free server so if they shut it down I will just open a new one.

Top man.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:18 am

gillie wrote:I may be being dumb here but if other countries are allowed to show games from the Prem on a Saturday why can't they be shown here?.What i mean is Sky are obviously televising every game live as it happens then they show the highlights package on Saturday night with the match choice options so why they just show the games live on say a PPV basis each set of fans then get to see the games of the team they support and no legal probs..

I've been a bit surprised why they haven't started to give PPV streams for foreign fans. I'm sure it could be done so that the streams just wouldn't work for British customers (just like there's plenty of radio streams that don't work outside UK).
They'd make Lots of money from that I'm sure. I know that I'd pay a few quids for a quality - official PL stream always when City are not live on TV here.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Vhero » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
gillie wrote:I may be being dumb here but if other countries are allowed to show games from the Prem on a Saturday why can't they be shown here?.What i mean is Sky are obviously televising every game live as it happens then they show the highlights package on Saturday night with the match choice options so why they just show the games live on say a PPV basis each set of fans then get to see the games of the team they support and no legal probs..

I've been a bit surprised why they haven't started to give PPV streams for foreign fans. I'm sure it could be done so that the streams just wouldn't work for British customers (just like there's plenty of radio streams that don't work outside UK).
They'd make Lots of money from that I'm sure. I know that I'd pay a few quids for a quality - official PL stream always when City are not live on TV here.

The premier league sell games abroad (the ones that are not shown in UK) So they cannot do this. They could probably work out a deal to show games not normally available in that country online though for a fee. Might be too large though for a team to try it would probably be a big risk we could probably afford to start it in fact I can't see many other teams having the financial backing to try it. If it took off many other teams would probably do it. However it may take the shine off Sky Sports etc.. as you get most games on Citys own stream you might not bother about the few on SS and basically that's called "conflict of interest" So basically not only is it a lot of money its a fucking ball ache to get the prem to agree to it. We would probably have to wait for the next sports TV license (or whatever its called that the channels paid for to gett the games) to be renewed too.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Sorry, I didn't see this thread until it was too late... :(
Original Dub

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:30 am

Has Dub's jokey thread REALLY been pulled?!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:38 am

Svensational wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:Has Dub's jokey thread REALLY been pulled?!

No mate, its here...

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=30199

Cheers, thought for a moment we'd lost our sense of humour!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
Svensational wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:Has Dub's jokey thread REALLY been pulled?!

No mate, its here...

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=30199

Cheers, thought for a moment we'd lost our sense of humour!

Yeah I'm a bit miffed its been put to Off Topic, because it would have been a kick in the stones for the folk who are scouring the site looking for links to streams...

Ah well..
Original Dub

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:02 pm

ive just put my hard hat on, if you go on to bluemoon, they have the sites you can go on to watch todays game
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:34 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:ive just put my hard hat on, if you go on to bluemoon, they have the sites you can go on to watch todays game
I noticed that too. Yet again the club's favourite website are operating to a different set of rules. Sorry if I sound bitter but I'm getting a bit fucking sick of it now.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:59 pm

King Kev wrote:
CITYSTEVEDON wrote:ive just put my hard hat on, if you go on to bluemoon, they have the sites you can go on to watch todays game
I noticed that too. Yet again the club's favourite website are operating to a different set of rules. Sorry if I sound bitter but I'm getting a bit fucking sick of it now.

KK - don't let it bother you - turn it into a positive, we all know where to go for a list of streams (although it's nowhere near as good as Vhero's) without this site being in any danger of legal action.

We should get a banner made...

"Bluemoon, the members of mancityfans.net thank you!"
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Vhero » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Fuck Bluemoan they are hosted in UK but just because they have not been threatened yet doesn't mean anything. Like I said though you can still get links through my sig.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Vhero wrote:Fuck Bluemoan they are hosted in UK but just because they have not been threatened yet doesn't mean anything. Like I said though you can still get links through my sig.

I did today so thanks very much
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:51 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Vhero wrote:Fuck Bluemoan they are hosted in UK but just because they have not been threatened yet doesn't mean anything. Like I said though you can still get links through my sig.

Seconded, thanks for going to the trouble mate.

They were all fucking gash though, sopcast, iraqgoals, veetle. Signed up for livefootyonline instead and as Bingo said, its good for £6.25 for 60 days

Can anyone tell me, does live footy online have ALL city's away games - as if it does, I'm giving sky notice in the morning.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:24 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

They were all fucking gash though, sopcast, iraqgoals, veetle. Signed up for livefootyonline instead and as Bingo said, its good for £6.25 for 60 days

Can anyone tell me, does live footy online have ALL city's away games - as if it does, I'm giving sky notice in the morning.

Well put it this way ive been with them for about a year and a half and the only game in the prem i can remember them not having on was Newcastle at home last season but that dosn't mean they will have all away games on.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:10 am

johnpb78 wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Well put it this way ive been with them for about a year and a half and the only game in the prem i can remember them not having on was Newcastle at home last season but that dosn't mean they will have all away games on.

Only game I ever remember them missing is non prem games that are not shown anywhere. Trust us though mate if its shown on TV anywhere in the world liveonlinefooty are showing it! I don't bother with sky sports myself thanks to liveonlinefooty. The season pass is well worth the pennys each year too.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:11 pm

How does liveonlinefooty actually work? Do they pay to someone who actually owns the rights to the games?

I've always presumed their set-up is legit? But confused as to how it works, doesn't matter to me but I've always been curious
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:13 pm

ant london wrote:How does liveonlinefooty actually work? Do they pay to someone who actually owns the rights to the games?
I've always presumed their set-up is legit? But confused as to how it works, doesn't matter to me but I've always been curious

The admin on FLF posted pics of the set up on the fourm maybe some one on here will be able to explain the pics and how it works.

Last edited by Mark (Blue Army) on Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:20 pm

ant london wrote:How does liveonlinefooty actually work? Do they pay to someone who actually owns the rights to the games?

I was wondering the same, as far as i can tell they have some sort of box that pick's up channels from around the world then they stream them so we can watch them. The admin on FLF posted pics of the set up on the fourm maybe some one on here will be able to explain the pics and how it works.

The stream yesterday was taken from the same channel my local boozer uses.

I think it is just as you say, they just stream live television channels through their servers, which seems completely legitimate. No doubt it will be based outside the uk, and therefore the FA are powerless to act unless they start knocking on individual punters doors at 3.15 on a saturday.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeah they are all available all satellite you can actually pick them all up in UK with a Sat dish setup (not SKY) though you would need a revolving dish setup to pick up certain channels. Then you need to get the correct Cards for your channels which have monthly fees like with SKY.
http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/index. ... cts_id=197

Setup is similar to what they use.

http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/index. ... x&cPath=57 - cards

Not too expensive :p
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Interesting background picture...which game was that?!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum