Short sleeved City shirt over your jumper

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Short sleeved City shirt over your jumper

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:13 pm

haha never moves from that spot. A signed shirt from the 2006 season (I think). Really need to get it framed......
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Wonderwall wrote:cant help but laugh that you wont wear your shirt to a game but you will dress as a smurf?

that was fucking funny......!!!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:33 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Wearing a long sleeved shirt/jumper under a short sleeved one is kind of a trend here in Italy, not only at football grounds but also when going out at night, etc.

Never understood Italian fashion...you make the best suits/shirts...the envy of the world and dress like students...go figure!

Well I was talking about people my age, which ARE students , lol.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:36 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Wearing a long sleeved shirt/jumper under a short sleeved one is kind of a trend here in Italy, not only at football grounds but also when going out at night, etc.

Never understood Italian fashion...you make the best suits/shirts...the envy of the world and dress like students...go figure!

Well I was talking about people my age, which ARE students , lol.

eh? I thought you were much older

Or is Renato who is more "mature"

Clarify please mates
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:06 pm

WHATS A JUMPER? I KNOW WHAT A T SHIRT IS...BUT WHATS A JUMPER?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beeks » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:09 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:WHATS A JUMPER? I KNOW WHAT A T SHIRT IS...BUT WHATS A JUMPER?

Don't you fucking dare say 'Sweater' another americanism that's creeped into our language!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:34 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:WHATS A JUMPER? I KNOW WHAT A T SHIRT IS...BUT WHATS A JUMPER?

Don't you fucking dare say 'Sweater' another americanism that's creeped into our language!

OVER YOUR HEAD MATE............

PERU
HOT
SWEATY
NOT COLD
NEVER COLD
ALWAYS HOT
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

PERU
HOT
SWEATY
NOT COLD
NEVER COLD
ALWAYS HOT

only a lizard gets excited about that sort of weather. i like cold days, hot coffee and rosy cheeked women....

Bill Hicks
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ronk » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:29 pm

I think it works pretty well. Handy enough for going to the pub afterwards and not boiling. Often a light hoodie can make a big difference.

Not much point buying a shirt and then either not wearing it or covering it.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby btajim » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Dazzacity wrote:I dont, as I see it as too obvious. I dont like wearing the same as loads of other people. I also take a long train ride to and from games and would rather not attract the attention by wearing colours. I only ever really wore my past shirts around the house etc,but I do wear these new ones when out and about as I think they look so much more smarter with them bein fitted. Also wear my colours when watching the games in pubs.

Attract attention? Well, I make long train journeys too and the attention i've had is from other Blues - so I no longer travel alone. Unless you vehemently want nothing to do with other Fans! But I can usually spot someone who is going to Football regardless of what they're actually wearing. You just know.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:56 pm

ant london wrote:WTF is it all about?

Do any of you do it? If so, why don't you just buy a long-sleeved shirt and wear something warm underneath

It is one of those things I have never remotely understood. Never done it and can't see me doing so.

But some of you must do....who does?

(it's a bit like the supporter equivalent of Micah/Petrov wearing short sleeved shirt and wooly gloves IMO)

Always do it when its cold. Long sleeve shirts arent much warmer.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

PERU
HOT
SWEATY
NOT COLD
NEVER COLD
ALWAYS HOT

only a lizard gets excited about that sort of weather. i like cold days, hot coffee and rosy cheeked women....

Bill Hicks

ROSY CHEEKED???...AFTER A SESSION YOU MEAN?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ashton287 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

PERU
HOT
SWEATY
NOT COLD
NEVER COLD
ALWAYS HOT

Bill Hicks

ROSY CHEEKED???...AFTER A SESSION YOU MEAN?

rosy cheeks after a session?, if they havent got a black eye n a few teeth missing i havent had fun
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:50 pm

btajim wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:I dont, as I see it as too obvious. I dont like wearing the same as loads of other people. I also take a long train ride to and from games and would rather not attract the attention by wearing colours. I only ever really wore my past shirts around the house etc,but I do wear these new ones when out and about as I think they look so much more smarter with them bein fitted. Also wear my colours when watching the games in pubs.

Attract attention? Well, I make long train journeys too and the attention i've had is from other Blues - so I no longer travel alone. Unless you vehemently want nothing to do with other Fans! But I can usually spot someone who is going to Football regardless of what they're actually wearing. You just know.

Yeah I guess I have started chatting to fans on trains before and even without either wearing colours.Like ya say, you can just tell who is going to the footy.. Wearing footy shirts to games isnt really my thing though. Nothing wrong wth people wearing shirts to games,but I prefer not to. But as far as chattin with other fans, it doesnt really bother me either way if Im honest. I dont mind a chat but I also like to relax with my ipod..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:00 am

When watching the football its great to see a sea of blue in the stands. Look at the swamp, hardly red at all and looks shite IMO.

Foreign teams are bright and colourful, imagine the international following fans not wearing their colours. The dutch would be a boring lot wouldnt they ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby irblinx » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:07 am

reminded me of a sketch show that had a bird going to the footy with her boyfriend and on seeing loads of other people wearing the same shirt as her decided to go home to get changed :o)

I know this will be hard for Ant and Dazza to understand but most people aren't really bothered about fashion when going to the match :o)
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:21 am

ant london wrote:eh? I thought you were much older

Or is Renato who is more "mature"

Clarify please mates

I'm 24 (going to turn 25 in a couple months, actually), and I'll probbaly get my Mechanical Engineering degree next year so I'm still a student. Hope that clarifies it ;)
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby crossan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:14 am

Me but only when its a tad cold.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby crossan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:15 am

Me but only when its a tad cold.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:25 pm

irblinx wrote:

reminded me of a sketch show that had a bird going to the footy with her boyfriend and on seeing loads of other people wearing the same shirt as her decided to go home to get changed :o)

I know this will be hard for Ant and Dazza to understand but most people aren't really bothered about fashion when going to the match :o)

I totally understand that. Its just my personal choice. Just dont feel the need to show that I support City when Im at the surrounding pubs or in he ground, as its pretty obvious .There ent many City fans where I live, so like to wear my colours while watchin in pubs to show my proud alliance..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum