Training Thursday 4/2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Thursday 4/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Thankfully it was shorts and t shirt weather today compared to yesterday.Little signs of snow on the field and as they came out in dribs and drabs it was looking hopeful that all the work wouldnt be done behind the fence.

That's where they started though and it was all the same faces as yesterday getting into their respective positions on the field as Mancini likes to do before they do some gently jogging around the pitch always keeping in team shape. Nedum moved into a center back position only to be moved to right back.It's a pretty impressive looking squad when you see them all set up like that and if I can remember all of them it was:

Right backs Zabba and Ned ( no Micah)
Left Backs Silv , Garrido , Bridge and Cunningham
Center Backs Toure , Boyata ,Lescott( no Vinnie)
Right midfield SWP,Ireland Johnson
Center Mid Barry, NDJ,Ibrahim , Vieira
Left Mid Petrov , Bellers
Strikers Ade , RSC,Tevez
( I am sure I have missed one)

and 5 keepers were working away elsewhere.
After a spell of stretching exercises they broke into 2 groups again with one lot playing some 7 a side stuff and the other working with Mancini.Today that group was the attacking part of the team ( maybe Saturday's?) working on inter passing , movements and good angles to get players in for a finish.The first group lined up as a 4.4.2 with a diamond midfield and Stevie at the top and NDJ at the bottom and Barry and Vieira left and right. This changed quite quickly to a 4.3.3 formation with Bellers and AJ as the 2 front wide players. I think he worked fairly briefly with about 4 different groups of players and formations and I maybe wrong but I reckon Ade and SI were the only 2 there all the time. So many options. The only person not to figure in anything was RSC who isnt ready yet for full contact training.
In the 7 a side game it was the usual frenetic stuff. Barry scored a very special scissor kick goal, Silv smashed a screamer onto the bar, Nielsen was shouting no shot no shot all the time to his teammates,AJ scored another and looked good, Shay got bored on the other pitch and came over to make his customary top saves and as ever NDJ looked threatening.Vieira looked very composed even in this kind of game and scored at least one but I would guess most players will have scored at least one.

Just an hour today before they started to go in. Petrov,Ireland and Bellers stayed for a little shooting practice and ultimately it was just Stevie putting the finish on some crosses. Not always perfect but some of the volleys were superb and it was good to see him doing this again.

Great to meet 2 John's at Carrington today (M147WN on here one of them) who came along for the first time and at least managed to see something. Ibrahim and Cunningham stayed out longer than the rest just passing the ball around and doing a bit of crossing and finishing together.

As another poster here is planning to visit tomorrow I asked on the of the fitness coaches what time training was likely to be but he said sorry mate no idea , you will probably know before we do!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 4/2

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Top stuff as always Doug.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby blue wine » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:56 pm

thx doug

Boyata is fast becoming one of my fav players and i just to know if has open him self up abit? talking more etc.? hes a very shy guy so just wondering if starting to get confidents to be with the lads..
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby john68 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:00 pm

Doug,
Hughes often spoke about the intensity of the players in training. Is this still the same or does Mancini do things a little lighter?

Ta for the update Young Doug....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Nobody Special » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:07 pm

What time did they train today Doug?
Nobody Special
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: After a spell of stretching exercises they broke into 2 groups again with one lot playing some 7 a side stuff and the other working with Mancini.Today that group was the attacking part of the team ( maybe Saturday's?) working on inter passing , movements and good angles to get players in for a finish.

I knew it wouldnt be long before we started practising how to pass like them.

Thanks again for your Dedication DH
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Thanks Doug, don't always post a comment on your training threads but they're much appreciated and always read
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Was Benji the missing one Doug?!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Kyle » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:18 pm

Thanks as always doug! Glad the weather was better for you.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Chinners » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:22 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Thanks Doug, don't always post a comment on your training threads but they're much appreciated and always read

I concur
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:28 pm

john68 wrote:Doug,
Hughes often spoke about the intensity of the players in training. Is this still the same or does Mancini do things a little lighter?

I have thought about a detailed comparison as I know the questions have been asked a few times. The short answer is there is less intensity in terms of hard work and actual football played but much greater intensity in terms of time spent on positional tactical work.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ruralblue » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Chinners wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Thanks Doug, don't always post a comment on your training threads but they're much appreciated and always read

I concur

Me three, don't mean I don't read them when you post and appreciate them always. Top stuff Doug
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
john68 wrote:Doug,

I have thought about a detailed comparison as I know the questions have been asked a few times. The short answer is there is less intensity in terms of hard work and actual football played but much greater intensity in terms of time spent on positional tactical work.

Which is where we were going wrong, top stuff.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Biamp » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Cheers Doug, great to hear that Vieira is fit and well. And I can't wait to see AJ in a City shirt.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum