Chelsea's transfer embargo lifted

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Chelsea's transfer embargo lifted

Postby btajim » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:42 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5918383,00.html

An important reason as any to grab a Top 4 place seeing as one of our big spending rivals can now offer Champions League Football to World Cup stars in time for 2010/11.

Perhaps also a working example of proof that chopping and changing Managers doesn't necessarily lead to problems on the field. Although someone might like to tell that to QPR.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: Chelsea's transfer embargo lifted

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Not a surprised one bit by that.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Good for us because it means we defo won't get charged over that Helan case.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:52 pm

Seen this before on SSN and no surprise really considering the lifting of the ban for the last window and the fact that Ancelotti stated that he wouldn't buy.

IMO, the leak regarding Roman supporting the new Platini plan and the sudden change in the contract with Lens, says to me that he has bought into the new fiscal way of the Euro and paid off the club who brought the original claim.

No real news, as cynicism within the football world has now become the norm!

PS. Good to see you back.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Vhero » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:00 pm

All crap anyways they were never banned in the first place it is a fucking joke!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 pm

Can I ask, 'Are we the new Chelsea or the new City?'.

Ie, Are we doing it with morale's?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:16 pm

you couldn't see that one coming from a million miles away
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Well their chief tapper upper is on gardening leave before joining us is he not? That probably gives him free reign to pillage Europe in a way that Atilla the Hun didn't quite manage.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:53 pm

7 posts and 98 looks says it all; this should be massive.

We've give up!!!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ronk » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Can I ask, 'Are we the new Chelsea or the new City?'.

Ie, Are we doing it with morale's?

We're the new City.

The only complaints we've really heard from other clubs are just points-scoring.

We now know that Kaka was already involved with Real. Real were happy enough with us over Robinho. Tottenham accepted a late bid over Berbatov, scum were the assholes there. Bresciano and Benjani deals were close enough to trouble, bit last minute and money was tight.

Villa seemed happy enough with Barry, Liverpool caused most of their ire. I can't feel bad about signing Tevez. Arsenal were happy enough with what they got for Adebayor and we can consider him as having been on the market (again he's a player unsettled by another club). Inter have been friendly over Vieira.

Real are pissed because they overplayed their hand and left it too late. We had a strategy that could have salvaged the deal at that late stage for everyone (the Defoe plan). They didn't want to do it, bit rich of them whining.

Chelsea happily took our money for Ben-Haim, Bridge, SWP... and we never did anything like Sturridge (those rotten bastards).

Blackburn made some noises over Roque Santa-Cruz but we waited in the end and it never escalated. The only really sour deal was the Lescott one. But I'd generally been leaning towards believing the rumour that a deal was done over Moyes head much earlier. The Jô thing is decent evidence, as is the parallel with the Rooney deal. Moyes was just pissed we didn't go through him, shouldn't have leaked it though.

Chelsea went straight after everyone and used every dirty trick they could think of. It was the first thing Kenyon did. Real were properly angry when Chelsea became so arrogant that they used Real's own trick against them: showing off the player's jersey before the deal was done.

They were pushing the line over which is kidnapping in the Mikel transfer and they received a suspended ban over Cole.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby pears12 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Lets face it there is no point in having young players on contracts in Europe, big clubs now know they can just induce youngsters to break contract.. but given Chelsea's spending power it not a surprise that CAS and Fifa would clear them
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Return to The Maine Football forum