Atletico one foot in final

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Atletico one foot in final

Postby david yearsley » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Atletico hammer Racing 4-0 to virtually book a place in the "Copa del Rey" final - lets hope City can make it a cup double

AUPA ATLEEEEEEEEEEEEETI!!!!

Final in Valencia I think - just a couple hours away - might be a day out in April!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Atletico one foot in final

Postby gillie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:11 pm

david yearsley wrote:Atletico hammer Racing 4-0 to virtually book a place in the "Copa del Rey" final - lets hope City can make it a cup double

Final in Valencia I think - just a couple hours away - might be a day out in April!

David who are you likely to play in the final is it Sevilla?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:24 am

Watched the first half and to be fair Racing was rubbish.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:15 am

Good for Atletico, david!!

Roma also has a foot in the final of Coppa Italia after winning 2-0 against Udinese last night, they will likely meet Inter, who won the first leg of their semifinal against Fiorentina 1-0 on Wednesday, in the final. Second legs are in April for both games, and then the final in May at the Olimpico, so it would be a home game for Roma.

On a side note, Coppa Italia has been modified in the last couple of years to resemble the Carling Cup imho. Before, it was every round with two legs, now it is like the Carling Cup as it has two legs only in the semifinal, and then the final is played in a supposedly neutral ground at the Olimpico, bit like Wembley, the only problem is that Wembely is actually a neutral ground, while Olimpico is the home stadium for Roma and Lazio, so if one of them get in the final they will play it at home, lol.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby david yearsley » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:56 am

gillie wrote:
david yearsley wrote:Atletico hammer Racing 4-0 to virtually book a place in the "Copa del Rey" final - lets hope City can make it a cup double

Prob Sevilla as they lead Getafe 2-0 after first leg but that tie is by no means over - a Getafe win would almost certainly mean a final at the Bernabeu and Atletico have fond memories of playing finals there - of course we have to finish the job next week and now play Racing in the Sardinero twice in 5 days , La Liga Sunday and the return leg on 11th
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:58 am

david yearsley wrote:
gillie wrote:

Prob Sevilla as they lead Getafe 2-0 after first leg but that tie is by no means over - a Getafe win would almost certainly mean a final at the Bernabeu and Atletico have fond memories of playing finals there - of course we have to finish the job next week and now play Racing in the Sardinero twice in 5 days , La Liga Sunday and the return leg on 11th

I'm currently watching rerun of Sevilla-Getafe and this is highly entertaining game. End to end stuff. Getafe keeper pulled a save that was one of the best I've ever seen and Luis Fabiano's celebration was hilarious.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum