Terry dropped as England captain

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

what have you done fabio

Postby yorkieblue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:01 am

by dropping John Terry. If England happen to win the World Cup (i know unlikely but) we are going to have druggie ferdinand lifting the dammed thing and we will have to put up with that photo forever more. How many times have you seen the Bobby Moore photo, thousands of times it could now be druggie ferdinand turn. bring back John Terry
City Till I Die

yorkieblue
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Re: Terry dropped as England captain

Postby btajim » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:03 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Do you think this JT thing will continue? Because the next time another half news story comes around I bet you people forget about Terrygate in an instant.

Point taken, but the World Cup is merely months away and still fresh in the minds of many. The chances of anything else involving a key squad player erupting is remote. Jar Jar's missed drug test was when? 2004? I don't even remember.

I've seen people be critical of Ferdinand because he's presently serving a suspension for violent conduct - yet these are the same England Fans who affectionately nicknamed Stuart Pearce "Psycho" and aren't exactly shy in their loyalty for the Country.

Gotta love The Daily Mail today. Praising an Italian Man for his Family values and laying more crap at the feet of John Terry!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: what have you done fabio

Postby Scatman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:18 am

You'll just have to hope we won't win it then, and that Rooney plays no part in us winning it.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:28 am

I can't understadn why people keep mentioning Ferdinand? Surely Gerrard is the obvious number two choice.

Anyway, I don't think people should be worrying WHO will lift the World Cup for England. Lots of trials and tribulations ahead of you before you'll be there.

To be honest, and I don't want to insult England fans here, I'm not really sure whether this is THE year for England. You are lacking quality in couple of key positions. I've seen MUCH better England sides (1986, 1990, 1998) fail to do it. But you never know.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:55 am

No England Fan is worrying about which of our Motley Crew will be lifting the World Cup because we're not there yet. The worry comes from the Guy leading the charge.

You mention 1998 but it's 12 years later and a brand new generation of Players so excitement is only natural when England have qualified for the World Cup with ease. My own personal highlight of the campaign was that win in Croatia. A million miles away from the mess that Steve McClaren left behind.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:01 am

btajim wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Do you think this JT thing will continue? Because the next time another half news story comes around I bet you people forget about Terrygate in an instant.

Point taken, but the World Cup is merely months away and still fresh in the minds of many. The chances of anything else involving a key squad player erupting is remote. Jar Jar's missed drug test was when? 2004? I don't even remember.

That's true. But the point I was trying to make is that the Terry 'scandal' won't affect the players half as much as it affects the press. Can you imagine the headlines if he scores a crucial OG?

If it's going to affect him so much that he can't captain then he shouldn't be playing. Though to people of my generation I don't think team captain is really all that important any more.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:06 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:The task of trying to find a player that others might respect amongst a bunch of cheats, liars, prima donnas, granny shaggers, adulterers, coke fiends, friendly skippers and overpaid hype merchants is impossible. By changing the captain Mr Capello has achieved nothing more than confirming he, like every other England manager there has been in my football watching lifetime, is easily susceptible to pressure from the media.

Well he could have entered into a pissing contest with the world's media just to give John Terry the satisfaction of being captain but it would have been the worst decision of all time & would serve no purpose. The only thing the England captain actually does is act as a figurehead, if that figurehead is going to spend the next 6 months dodging questions about shagging his team mate's girlfriend then how exactly does that help England win a world cup?

Do you think this JT thing will continue? Because the next time another half news story comes around I bet you people forget about Terrygate in an instant.

I don't know why you're refering to me as 'you people' as if I have a particular interest in such things but your answer proves my point. Now that Terry is no longer England captain this will most likely disappear rather than being used against the team at every press interview throughout the world cup. What would be the point in asking Rio Ferdinand about it? A simple 'no comment' & on we go. Problem solved. Proper management at last for the 1st time since Alf Ramsey.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:16 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:The task of trying to find a player that others might respect amongst a bunch of cheats, liars, prima donnas, granny shaggers, adulterers, coke fiends, friendly skippers and overpaid hype merchants is impossible. By changing the captain Mr Capello has achieved nothing more than confirming he, like every other England manager there has been in my football watching lifetime, is easily susceptible to pressure from the media.

Well he could have entered into a pissing contest with the world's media just to give John Terry the satisfaction of being captain but it would have been the worst decision of all time & would serve no purpose. The only thing the England captain actually does is act as a figurehead, if that figurehead is going to spend the next 6 months dodging questions about shagging his team mate's girlfriend then how exactly does that help England win a world cup?

Do you think this JT thing will continue? Because the next time another half news story comes around I bet you people forget about Terrygate in an instant.

I don't know why you're refering to me as 'you people' as if I have a particular interest in such things but your answer proves my point. Now that Terry is no longer England captain this will most likely disappear rather than being used against the team at every press interview throughout the world cup. What would be the point in asking Rio Ferdinand about it? A simple 'no comment' & on we go. Problem solved. Proper management at last for the 1st time since Alf Ramsey.

I didn't mean to write "you people" and I apologise as it seems a bit direct. I did write "you", realised it was a bit presumptuous, replaced it with "people" but forgot to delete the first word. So I am sorry for that.

Anyway, as I say, I think it's a case of the press meddling in the national side again and not Capello making a football decision. If they all rallied round enough I've a feeling they could pick the starting XI!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I can't understadn why people keep mentioning Ferdinand? Surely Gerrard is the obvious number two choice.

Anyway, I don't think people should be worrying WHO will lift the World Cup for England. Lots of trials and tribulations ahead of you before you'll be there.

To be honest, and I don't want to insult England fans here, I'm not really sure whether this is THE year for England. You are lacking quality in couple of key positions. I've seen MUCH better England sides (1986, 1990, 1998) fail to do it. But you never know.

We always get accused of that yet apart from the occasional nutcase, hardly any England fans ever say we WILL win the world cup just that we have a chance which I think is a good one as the other teams have weaknesses as well as us. I think everyone has doubts about those weaknesses, also the form of Lampard, Gerrard, Ferdinand,Terry etc etc also Ferguson will run Rooney to death but I don't agree that those previous sides were better because they had 'player power' managers. I think each squad of players has been an improvement on the whole anyway.

The biggest difference is that this is the 1st time that we have a manager who is actually running the team & in charge of the players rather than just begging & encouraging them, France are struggling & Brazil have barely any world class players. That gives us much a better chance than previous years (form permitting) imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:24 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I didn't mean to write "you people" and I apologise as it seems a bit direct. I did write "you", realised it was a bit presumptuous, replaced it with "people" but forgot to delete the first word. So I am sorry for that.

Anyway, as I say, I think it's a case of the press meddling in the national side again and not Capello making a football decision. If they all rallied round enough I've a feeling they could pick the starting XI!

It's a football decision because the players would be affected by the captain being constantly hounded, also it's almost certainly the case that Terry doesn't have the full backing of the squad. Now it's up to him to prove himself good enough to get in the team.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:33 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I can't understadn why people keep mentioning Ferdinand? Surely Gerrard is the obvious number two choice.

Because he was the vice-captain and Capello said he doesn't see the need to modify the second and third choice captains he made when he appointed Terry, so with Terry out of contention Ferdinand becomes captain and whoever was the third choice becomes the vice-captain (I think it is Gerrard). I, for one, would have given it to Gerrard or Lampard.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:04 am

Ted Hughes wrote:It's a football decision because the players would be affected by the captain being constantly hounded, also it's almost certainly the case that Terry doesn't have the full backing of the squad. Now it's up to him to prove himself good enough to get in the team.

It's a football decision based on the actions of the media? I think my point still stands.

I also don't go for the romantic view that players actually give a shit about each other. Maybe I'm just a cynical twat.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue2 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:35 pm

Blue2 wrote:
btajim wrote:
Blue2 wrote:For a job like this I would rather have a man who is a leader and an adulterer rather than one that is a fuckwit and drug test dodger.

If the crime is such a major one then he shouldn't play for Engalnd again, but they wont drop him form the squad will they? No, because he is too important to the team. As I said earlier, I don't like the guy, but this this is a bit hypocritical.

Capello has more promoted the 2iC as opposed to making a fresh appointment. Personally, I felt they just made an example out of Rio Ferdinand to prove no-one was above the law.

I trusted Fabio to make the right decision and he did. I'm a huge fan of his style of Management and it's sadly lacking in Football now. England have had a complete facelift under his tenure. Wembley is looking wonderful, the Shirt is a classic and the Team themselves are playing with confidence. I think Capello is the best England Manager since Bobby Robson.

Needless to say, I'm proud that my adopted home Country are taking part in the next World Cup and am pleased that the Media will struggle to whip up a storm now Terry has been axed as Captain. It's about time the cheating Son of a Drug Dealer and Shoplifter got his comeuppance. He'll hate that.

They won't find it hard Jim, we now have a drug test dodger in the role who was fined £50k and banned for 8 months.

There you go

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... inand.html
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby edge275 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:39 pm

CityGer wrote:
edge275 wrote:I totally back Fabio in stripping the captaincy of Terry. But to then give it camel lips defeats the object. I know this won't go down well but in my opinion the captaincy should go to Rooney.

Lips and suitability for the role aside, Capello can hardly strip the captaincy from love cheat Terry and give it to love cheat and mature prostitute user Rooney.

I'm not arsed about either of them cheating on their wives, I'm sure the vast majority of England players have. The problem I have is that Terry did it with Bridge's spouse. He has pick of any women he wants, and he did it with her. Not only that, but all his other misdemeanors as in charging for tours, renting out his box at Wembley etc. Shagging grannies is nothing compared to what Terry has done. Great player though.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

We always get accused of that yet apart from the occasional nutcase, hardly any England fans ever say we WILL win the world cup just that we have a chance which I think is a good one as the other teams have weaknesses as well as us. I think everyone has doubts about those weaknesses, also the form of Lampard, Gerrard, Ferdinand,Terry etc etc also Ferguson will run Rooney to death but I don't agree that those previous sides were better because they had 'player power' managers. I think each squad of players has been an improvement on the whole anyway.

The biggest difference is that this is the 1st time that we have a manager who is actually running the team & in charge of the players rather than just begging & encouraging them, France are struggling & Brazil have barely any world class players. That gives us much a better chance than previous years (form permitting) imo.

Apart from Sir Bobby, that is very true and I agree that it will give you extra edge.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum